+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 8 of 15

Thread: Would you write a Prenup?

  1. #1
    Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Sharks Territory
    Posts
    4,762
    Thanks
    64
    Thanked 67 Times in 61 Posts

    Would you write a Prenup?

    No idea what a Pre-nup is?? Here's a quick excerpt from wikipedia:

    A prenuptial agreement, antenuptial agreement, or premarital agreement, commonly abbreviated to prenup or prenupt, is a contract entered into by two people prior to marriage or civil union. The content of a prenuptial agreement can vary widely, but commonly includes provisions for the division of property should the couple divorce and any rights to spousal support during or after the dissolution of marriage.
    Simply put, "Cause when she leave yo' ass she gon' leave with half" goes out the window if you got one up before you got married. Depending on the laws of the land, a Prenuptial agreement is a binding contract stating what can and can't be done in case of a divorce.

    So question to you is: Would you and your spouse draw up a Pre-nup before your marriage??

    Feel free to add more thoughts than just answering the question if you want.

    'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

  2. #2
    Legendary Otaku divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Good question . . . where am I?
    Posts
    1,170
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked 26 Times in 21 Posts

    Re: Would you write a Prenup?

    Quote Originally Posted by Legend View Post
    So question to you is: Would you and your spouse draw up a Pre-nup before your marriage??
    Well, considering I have no intention of marrying until I'm absolutely positive that my partner will be faithful - "til death do us part" - I will not write a prenuptual arrangement. I think that it makes marriage less like a sacrament and more like a business arrangement; it takes some of the sanctity away, along with the feeling that this one will last forever.

  3. #3
    One Man Army Ochi Gate is off to a good start Ochi Gate's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,818
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 21 Times in 19 Posts

    Re: Would you write a Prenup?

    Quote Originally Posted by divine_punishment View Post
    Well, considering I have no intention of marrying until I'm absolutely positive that my partner will be faithful - "til death do us part" - I will not write a prenuptual arrangement. I think that it makes marriage less like a sacrament and more like a business arrangement; it takes some of the sanctity away, along with the feeling that this one will last forever.
    right, right. just like the one Kia commercial "in this day in age.... dont like your spouse? get a new one. what happened to standing by your decision?"
    anymore, the divorce and re-marry rates are way up, as compared to the day when you really where together "till death do you part".

    i dont think i would personally, as i agree with divine_punishments first sentance. but then again, i suppose you could never be too careful. if i had like a super owning car, like a ford GT, or something else that ment a lot to me and a mean divorce happened in whitch she would try to take it, i would probably be a jack and torch it. even if i go to jail, sho woudnt get my toys but it all can be avoided if you just "stand by your decision" in the first place.

    "You will only have eyes for Me!"

  4. #4
    Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    2,643
    Thanks
    235
    Thanked 166 Times in 141 Posts

    Re: Would you write a Prenup?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ochi Gate View Post
    right, right. just like the one Kia commercial "in this day in age.... dont like your spouse? get a new one.
    LOL, I love that commercial!

    Anywho, I don't know if I would or not. I suppose it depends on the situation. If we start with nothing, I guess whatever we earn during the marriage, she can take half.

    But if I've earned all things worth monetary value BEFORE the marriage, pssh!! I'd probably sign the prenup, simply because I'm not gonna let someone leave with half of my belongings and she didn't work to earn it. I don't like the idea of having half of what you worked hard to earn dissapear.

    It's almost the same as having your house broken in to and being robbed. >_<


  5. #5
    Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Posts
    2,027
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 42 Times in 36 Posts

    Re: Would you write a Prenup?

    I would think that if Solking and I made a prenup before getting married it will create some trust issues. I don't really know much about a prenuptial agreement as they are not used in England so there isn't any need to know. All that I can gather from a movie I've seen is that a prenup protects yourself from getting ripped into marrying someone because they love you for say, your money. Yet if you don't want her to have any part in getting your money, then you can get a prenupt. I hope I am right about this.

    If so then it also ruins our "what is mine, is yours" saying/agreement/plan. In a relationship where you plan to marry, it should be because you love them dearly and like Divine said, till death to you part. Marriage is about the commitment to another person, but where you want to protect your personal belongs... it really does create so many boundaries in the relationship.

    Please correct me if any of the information I have given is incorrect.
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

  6. #6
    Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    2,643
    Thanks
    235
    Thanked 166 Times in 141 Posts

    Re: Would you write a Prenup?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sazzy View Post
    I would think that if Solking and I made a prenup before getting married it will create some trust issues. I don't really know much about a prenuptial agreement as they are not used in England so there isn't any need to know. All that I can gather from a movie I've seen is that a prenup protects yourself from getting ripped into marrying someone because they love you for say, your money. Yet if you don't want her to have any part in getting your money, then you can get a prenupt. I hope I am right about this.

    If so then it also ruins our "what is mine, is yours" saying/agreement/plan. In a relationship where you plan to marry, it should be because you love them dearly and like Divine said, till death to you part. Marriage is about the commitment to another person, but where you want to protect your personal belongs... it really does create so many boundaries in the relationship.

    Please correct me if any of the information I have given is incorrect.
    No, "what's mine is yours" still works. But what was his before marriage will remain his. If you two were to accquire a vast amount of money and objects and got a divorce, you'd still get half of that. You just wouldn't get half of what was his before marriage. (Quick Solking! Hide your video games!!)


  7. #7
    Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Posts
    2,027
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 42 Times in 36 Posts

    Re: Would you write a Prenup?

    Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post
    No, "what's mine is yours" still works. But what was his before marriage will remain his. If you two were to accquire a vast amount of money and objects and got a divorce, you'd still get half of that. You just wouldn't get half of what was his before marriage. (Quick Solking! Hide your video games!!)
    Ahhhh well if Solking wants to write a prenup then I will if he wants to. But still it does look like it will create trust issues. I trust Solking with everything I have, it might seem like I am blinded by love but its better to be blinded by love then to be blinded by selfishness.
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

  8. #8
    Otaku Arukih may be famous one day Arukih may be famous one day Arukih's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    405
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts

    Re: Would you write a Prenup?

    Here in Portugal we dont have Prenup either, but for exemple; I am my father's heiress lands, and all this lands are in my name if i get marry these lands will still be mine, only mine unless i would agree make some kind of last will to put in name of my family(me and hasbund). if we dicide to get a divorce we only going to divide all we gain together during the marriege... no need Prenup!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Trying to write...
    By Shade/K' Heart in forum Poems
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Oct 12, 2007, 09:32 PM
  2. Trying to Write a Poem
    By divine_punishment in forum POTM (Poem of the Month)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: Aug 23, 2007, 09:24 PM
  3. if u could write ur own manga....
    By j-braz in forum Manga General Talk
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: Apr 24, 2007, 10:20 PM
  4. To Write a Poem
    By bloodymoonreaper in forum Poems
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Apr 10, 2007, 09:07 AM
  5. Replies: 8
    Last Post: Oct 09, 2006, 06:01 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts