+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Would you write a Prenup?

~always by your side~ Radarix Champion, Virus 2 Champion, Virus 3 Champion fireandice is off to a good start fireandice's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Would you write a Prenup?

You don't need one as long as you have the better lawyer.lol No actually the only time that one would really be needed is when one of the two people who are getting married has assets before the marriage. Like a house or money accounts that are in their name only. But if you both have nothing then everything that you make or acquire during the marriage should be split.

As for drawing one up before the marriage, well I can say that I didn't. But I had proof of what was mine before we got married. So when we split I got back or equal to what I had before. I doubt that I will remarry again but if I do then I will really consider doing it. I don't want to go through that mess ever again if I can.
    Last edited by fireandice; Jan 11, 2008 at 06:45 PM.

Chtonian Slayer Astaroth may be famous one day Astaroth's Avatar
    Thanks

In my opinion it definitely depends on the magnitude on the situation..........
    But reading the statistics of failed marriage........I am going to EXTRA careful of who I am going to marry in the future......and that it good advice for every couple out there who is rushing into marriage.....STOP AND THINK FOR ONE SECOND!!!
    DO NOT MAKE ME UNLEASH MY INNER DEMON

~always by your side~ Radarix Champion, Virus 2 Champion, Virus 3 Champion fireandice is off to a good start fireandice's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Astaroth View Post
    In my opinion it definitely depends on the magnitude on the situation..........
    But reading the statistics of failed marriage........I am going to EXTRA careful of who I am going to marry in the future......and that it good advice for every couple out there who is rushing into marriage.....STOP AND THINK FOR ONE SECOND!!!

Well if you just live together for a few years then you wouldn't have to go through all of that. You just need to be smart about it and not jump in without thinking. But if you find that someone you want to marry it is best to talk it out before anything happens. That way you can get a feel of how they feel about something like that without hurting their feelings or trust in you.

Angelic Lasura may be famous one day Lasura's Avatar
    Thanks

Well, alike divine_punishment, I wouldn't marry untill I'm completely positive we will stay "tgether forever". Marriage is too great of a think to take risks, at least that's how I see it. I still believe that divorce is a no-no thing

Besides, I would never marry a person, I would never fall in love with a person, who would fight with me about possesions after it's all over... I think a person should be very low to do that...

My recommended fanfic: "Dreamer" by Scourge

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lasura View Post
    Well, alike divine_punishment, I wouldn't marry untill I'm completely positive we will stay "tgether forever". Marriage is too great of a think to take risks, at least that's how I see it. I still believe that divorce is a no-no thing

Besides, I would never marry a person, I would never fall in love with a person, who would fight with me about possesions after it's all over... I think a person should be very low to do that...
    You've got a point. Marriage is about love not possesions. But not too many marriages last too long these days. But, let's say you strike it rich one day right? You get married and you chose not to prenup. The spouse decides he wants a divorce (and let's say he didn't even consider money/possesions as an important thing). You go to court and you lose half of your hard earned money and items. Wouldn't you--just a little bit--feel a little ripped off?

I'm not sayin', "Sign the prenup," but to consider the pros and the cons. Hell, I don't know if I would do it or not. But the funny man in me says to do it. LOL. I'm too nice to actually follow through with it I think.

NalaMidnight Eggs Champion P.R. Princess may be famous one day P.R. Princess may be famous one day P.R. Princess's Avatar
    Thanks

i would say no.
    i think that that is like saying yea we are going to get a divorce at some point in our lives so lets prepare now.
    umm i dont think so. i dont plan on marring a guy just to get a divorce it cause i love him and want to spend the rest of my life with them.
    so no prenups. thats final

~Falling in love one step at a time~
    ~ MYSPACE~AWESOME PLACE TO SAVE~

Angelic Lasura may be famous one day Lasura's Avatar
    Thanks

@ Sprout:
    Eummm... I'm not good at these legislation things... Do you absolutely need a court judgement to get a divorce? If we both are capable to agree without all that suff
    Because I was trying to say... Was that, if I marry a person, he will be someone who I am capable to come to a compromise with etc. because otherways that relationship would never have lasted (you see I'm going to live with the person as just my bf for like... 3 years before I decide! I don't want no mistakes, no divorce, no "he hit me! What do I do now?! I can't just run away! Oh my!" *rolls eyes*)
    Well we might consider a case when he has cheated on me or vice versa or something like that... Then one of us might get just furious and not capable for a compromise.. But in that case: if I'm to blame- I would say: "I'm guilty. You may take it all." And I think he would do the same... (ya, it's hard to be my perfect bf )

My recommended fanfic: "Dreamer" by Scourge

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2