+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9

Thread: //Wrong ways to end a relationship//

Newbie Sweeney Todd is off to a good start Sweeney Todd's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: //Wrong ways to end a relationship//

This is always the reason why I carefully decide who I like/get into relationships with(I know that sounds stupid). In this day and age, cheating is more socially accepted. I think the worst ways to end it is either not returning calls/texts or just destroying all contacts without the other person knowing and cheating. A hint of advice for anyone in a relationship..DON'T become dependent/obsessed with your boyfriend/girlfriend. It might sound stupid, but if you do the heartbreak will be a thousand times worse. Majority of the people on this forum are probably teenagers anyway. You have your whole life ahead to find that "someone special" so just have FUN.

You's Trollin Pro Leafblower Champion, Helicopter Champion ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro's Avatar
    Thanks

Ending a relationship through text/phone is a lame and disrespectful way to end a relationship, specially if it was a long-term relationship. If there are some issues in the relationship, communication is the key to either solve those issues or end a relationship in good terms.

Otaku superstar9156 is off to a good start superstar9156's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. K View Post
    I totally agree with you. to me, ending a relationship with technology and then saying sorry or " i hope we can still be friends" is cowardly. i would never do that to someone, even if they hurt me bad. I think they do it so that they don't have to face you or they will be embarrassed it the breakup and how you will act.

but they should suck it up and face the person and see how they will act. they probably respect you more and understand it better.

But the worst thing possible is ending a relationship, over technology, OUT OF NOWHERE!!! the worst thing ever.

A Soul Needs a Purpose to Live.- Gaara

Newbie chaos2001 is just another face in the crowd chaos2001's Avatar
    Thanks

Thumbs up Re: //Wrong ways to end a relationship//

Quote Originally Posted by Sweeney Todd View Post
    This is always the reason why I carefully decide who I like/get into relationships with(I know that sounds stupid). In this day and age, cheating is more socially accepted. I think the worst ways to end it is either not returning calls/texts or just destroying all contacts without the other person knowing and cheating. A hint of advice for anyone in a relationship..DON'T become dependent/obsessed with your boyfriend/girlfriend. It might sound stupid, but if you do the heartbreak will be a thousand times worse. Majority of the people on this forum are probably teenagers anyway. You have your whole life ahead to find that "someone special" so just have FUN.
    I like the way you put that its very true. Maybe people should just wait and find that special someone.

Otaku pigtaru may be famous one day pigtaru may be famous one day pigtaru's Avatar
    Thanks

Indirect ways of telling your boyfriend or girlfriend that the relationship is over or is breaking up are worst ways of ending a relationship. The boyfriend or the girlfriend should not abandon the relationship without a word between the two of you and should not use electronic devices to break up the relationship. The boyfriend or the girlfriend should not tell their best friends or start a rumor mill so that the break up would have supposedly been easier.

The best way to break up with someone is to use integrity and honestly tell them that the relationship is over and that you have decided to move on.

~Piga

o~Piggy-san~o

Devoted Otaku Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose's Avatar
    Thanks

I pretty much agree with a little of what everyone has said.

Especially that a relationship is like teamwork... it's a two way street. It takes to to make a relationship work. And if it just won't, it takes two to be able to break it off.

I also believe it depends on the people, and the situation they are in.

I am not proud of the way my ex and I broke up. But it's a long, horrible, lousy story and I won't get into it here. Plus it's mega personal. BUT to say the least... He was an emotionally abusive liar, thief, and bum. He was living with myself and my folks (I was working two jobs and trying to get back on my feet) My dad had enough of this creep and told me that one day I should just ... Not be home, and he would kick him out while I was gone. My dad was worried he would get violent. :S

Part of me felt bad. But really... In the end he wasn't the same person I had dated for several years. -_-

BUT... I think that you should never break up with someone in indirect means. Talk to them face to face. No matter how hard it is. No text messages, no just off and leaving with no word, no email. Breaking up is hard enough. Even if you don't want to be with that person anymore, try and make it a little easier on them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9