• Yoga is alright but not for me.

15 50.00%
  • Yoga sucks! I have my reasons.

4 13.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Yoga

Wo chao xi huan ni Mahjong Champion, Shape Game Champion, Solitaire Champion, Mahjong Connect Champion, Looney Tunes Mahjong Champion, Elite Mahjong Champion, MahJong Champion, Mahjong XY Champion mahiru may be famous one day mahiru may be famous one day mahiru's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Yoga

I tried yoga once, but it just really wasn't for me. I think in part it was the whole spiritual aspect, like blue_rebel said...
    Also, like Sazzy, I am much more of a pilates person ^_^ It is much more straightforward and, in my opinion, easier to see the results in pilates than in yoga hehe
    Wo shi zhen zhen zhen xi huan ni...

Thank you Equinn!! ^-^

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

I am also much more of a pilates person. I love pilates. It strengthens your abs and muscles. It's really nice. Where yoga is more of the "spirtual connection" type thing. Leading towards meditation and whatnot. Pilates is nice. I enjoy it.

Devoted Otaku Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blue_rebel View Post
    I'd consider taking up yoga if there wasn't all that spiritual Hindu stuff involved. It doesn't seem right to me to immerse myself in something that may potentially go against my own religion. I won't be surprised if other religious people share the same views.
    I noticed something similar in Japanese martial arts. Some people are offended by the fact that you bowe in front of the altar type thingie for some reason.

I know this guy who would practice 6 hours of yoga meditation everyday.

Banned Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip's Avatar
    Thanks

Ummm. No. Not neccessarily. It does not have to be always spiritual and hippie type. It's not always have to be sitting crossed legged and floating in the air. No.
    It strengthens your muscles as well. Just try it then conclude it.

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

I have a right to my opinion. You have no right to tell me what I should or shouldn't do. And what I said was my opinion on things. Stop getting on my case rave, it is starting to get annoying. Pilates stregthens your muscles, and so does yoga. But yoga tends to be less of what pilates is in the strengthening area of it all.

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks

thats also why i don't like Yoga, because of the religious beliefs. It goes against what i belief so i don't see the point in practicing it. Pilates is far easier to maintain and more about the conditioning of the body then worrying about the beliefs behind it.
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

Banned Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip's Avatar
    Thanks

What? I'm not disrespecting your opinions, White Wolf. You have the right to speak up. And no I'm stating my point of view as well. So sorry if you got annoyed.
    Now be happy ^_^d

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

Wow, this sure is new.

But this doesn't surprise me as much as the time when I heard that my friend got told off to not pray for a certain someone because he is a buddhist.

~!!! In any case, back to the original topic matter. I see yoga as a way to bring the mind, body, and spirit into an unison, just so is meditation in a way, and I practice it once every week. It loosens up my body, and allows me to attain a sense of composure from all my weekly exposure to stress. I have not received any sort of formal training, but my grandfather offered a great deal of help. He also taught me Zen meditation and I also gathered enough help from the monks in the temple I used to serve at to learn many other classical forms of meditation ~! I enjoyed learning the principles behind Yoga and Meditation just as much as I did practicing them ~!!!! It's fascinating that even though yoga was developed very long time ago, it still remains as one of most comprehensive methods to exercise and better one's own physical and mental state, not to mention that many workout regimens employ concepts that are derived from yoga.
    Last edited by kedar; Mar 23, 2007 at 08:11 PM.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast