View Poll Results: Are you afraid yo be yourself?

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • What do you mean? I act the way my friends do

2 2.67%
  • I will ach the way I please and dont care what others think.

56 74.67%
  • I am indifferent.

17 22.67%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: are you afraid of being yourself?

Dragonrider Ichigo_06 is off to a good start Ichigo_06's Avatar
    Thanks

are you afraid of being yourself?

Hey this really does nothign to better anyone but are you people afraid of being yourself? I am not to be honest I am a full rebel and will not do what people really tell me if they try and tell me to do something I will do the opposite but if they ask nicely I would probably do what they ask depending on what is but I am also not afraid to act how I want in public. What about you guys?
    ナサン フォオツド
    Keep what you hold dear close for one day they may be gone forever!
    Make one person smile for it will continue to spread but if you make a frown that will spread as well.http://www.animeonline.net/gallery/s...0/ppuser/57173

Nisou Tenshi Hot Shots Champion, Elroy Learns To Fly Champion, Daves Castle Hunt Champion, Mom-Jongg! Champion, Uncle Sam Champion Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: are you afraid of being yourself?

Yes, there are times when I am afraid to be myself. I used to not be that way until middle school. I went through some tough times during middle school emotionally and it made me very self-conscious of myself until my freshmen year of high school. During that time it was really difficult for me to even talk much less be myself. I’ve grown out of it, though. I had to learn to accept myself and know that I didn’t need anyone’s approval but my own. I will admit that there are still moments when it’s hard for me to express myself but I am much better then I used to be.

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks

After getting through high school fine and being who I am, I actually turned out to be a bit popular, I don't know why. But now, I don't give a damn what people think about it, I just want them to keep their opinions to themselves.

I've had an ex change me in the past because I think he was either embarrassed to be around me with others or because I was too different. But I have vowed never to let anyone change me ever again. So now, I have dress in the emo style and I don't really care any more. I think I have gone past caring and its really a good thing too because I am a paranoid person but I think I've found the confidence to just ignore them.
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

Otaku Kairu is off to a good start Kairu's Avatar
    Thanks

In school I never act myself. The only time I am truly myself is here on AO, with good friends, and at home. Not that my true self is bad, just a consider myself a fairly shy person. It takes me a while to warm up to people. When I do though I am a pretty cool guy if I say so myself XD

Lost In My Own World Fishing the Sea Champion, LastTank Standing Champion Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra's Avatar
    Thanks

I used to care what others thought about me and it got me into a lot of trouble. It made me seem like a little immature kid in some eyes. It wasn't till I went through a horrible marriage and found out that I don't have to be someone I'm not just to please the person I'm with. That if I was myself then maybe someone would care for me just because I was me. Well 4 months later I'm with a great guy and expecting. In that time people that know me tell me how much I have changed from an immature child to a grown adult. No I don't think I've matured fully but I think I'm pretty close to it. So what others think about me doesn't matter anymore as long as I have my friends, my loving boyfriend and our baby. Others can take their words and shove it.
    ™Mommy To Micah And Shawn!™

Thanks For The Amazing Tag Pyro!

§-Breakdown-§ Breakout Champion, Bubble Popper Champion Akura13 may be famous one day Akura13's Avatar
    Thanks

oh, well I hate acting my true self. I have issues with acting myself around friends at school because I'm afraid they won't like me really...in other words, I act like sasuke! The only time I do act myself is on here because...I don't really know, it's just something about this place thats makes me act like my overly hyper self~!

Phantasmagoria Lives On In The Hearts Of Their Fans, Japanese AND English!
    "Because it's okay to hide your tears." - LM.C (Lovely Mocochang)

Dragonrider Ichigo_06 is off to a good start Ichigo_06's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sazzy View Post
    After getting through high school fine and being who I am, I actually turned out to be a bit popular, I don't know why. But now, I don't give a damn what people think about it, I just want them to keep their opinions to themselves.

I've had an ex change me in the past because I think he was either embarrassed to be around me with others or because I was too different. But I have vowed never to let anyone change me ever again. So now, I have dress in the emo style and I don't really care any more. I think I have gone past caring and its really a good thing too because I am a paranoid person but I think I've found the confidence to just ignore them.
    I agree with you Sazzy who cares what others think? When I was in high school and even now I like pokemon, people made fun of me for it and I tried to convince them, however I finally learned that no matter what you do or say you can not change a persons thoughts so from then on I was myself. I didnt care who I was around, if people can not handel who I trully am, then they can go crall into their own world and leave me alone. and yes I here you on the "after high school being popular" type thing, it happend to me too, however I still have people who hate me but I have alot more friends because I can be myself and they like me for who I am, the same with my girlfriend/fiancee, she loves me for me and will never leave she doesnt care about my mood swings or what I like, hell she played my pokemon ruby game over christmas!!!
    ナサン フォオツド
    Keep what you hold dear close for one day they may be gone forever!
    Make one person smile for it will continue to spread but if you make a frown that will spread as well.http://www.animeonline.net/gallery/s...0/ppuser/57173

Banned Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip's Avatar
    Thanks

Nope, not at all. A person is born alone and dies alone. Well except for twins, they're born together. Oh well.
    And no, I'm not afraid of being alone alltogether. As long as I have something entertaining to do, a motive and an adequate job, I have no reason to fear my loneliness.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast