View Poll Results: Are you afraid yo be yourself?

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • What do you mean? I act the way my friends do

2 2.67%
  • I will ach the way I please and dont care what others think.

56 74.67%
  • I am indifferent.

17 22.67%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: are you afraid of being yourself?

Newbie O Castatis Lilium is off to a good start O Castatis Lilium's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: are you afraid of being yourself?

I think there's a time and a place for truly "being yourself." And I also think that we all act differently around different sorts of people/different situations. That's all part of being who we are. I think we are truly ourselves when we are alone with no one around to influence us/to influence with our actions.

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HolderOfTheDarkChalice View Post
    im am not afraid of being myself
    but at the same time i am afraid that
    being myself tends to confuse or exsasterbate
    things .

because folloeing the crowd just dosnt seem
    the way to go if you really want to be yourself
    I know how you feel, man. I've never been one to follow a crowd, nor have I been looked at as a "normal" person. And ya know what? I really don't care. I love myself and I love to be myself. But, I do worry that being myself might make things kinda complicated at times.

I guess it's just because most people have this routine that I don't understand and my presence kinda just throws it off, I guess. I'm a pretty impulsive person, so life's an adventure with me. I can understand why some of my friends are friends from a distance. LOL.

But never am I afraid of being myself. Why should I be? I am unique as is everybody else. If everybody on the planet woke up and said, "I'm gonna be myself from this point on," the world would be a much different place.

Community Dude Asteroids Champion dude101 may be famous one day dude101 may be famous one day dude101's Avatar
    Thanks

i've never been afraid of being myself, but then again i haven't always known myself. there was a point in time where my own reflection felt like a stranger. but i was able to fill in the blanks in no time at all and since then, only weird and wacky but good things have happen to me.

being urself is all very good. but i think knowing urself is so much more important. and who here can truly say that they know themselves?. i know i would still have trouble with that even now, but i am more comfortable with it.

Dragonrider Ichigo_06 is off to a good start Ichigo_06's Avatar
    Thanks

To answer your question dude101 I can say that I know myself, but at times it seems as if I don't know after all, at times it seems my friends know me more than myself, but when you spend your entire school years, all 12 years of them, mainly considered an outcast and hardly befriended by many, you have plenty of time to realize who you are and do what you please. also you learn more, that is how I became who I am today, The sometimes annoying, funny, Ford who is now liked by people who like me for who I am and nothing more. Sure it is a big change but once you find WHO you are, you will be able to BE who you are and not give a care in the world what those around you think, course that is only my opinion that I have developed.
    Last edited by GallComp; Jan 30, 2008 at 09:30 PM. Reason: Removing color to make it readable
    ナサン フォオツド
    Keep what you hold dear close for one day they may be gone forever!
    Make one person smile for it will continue to spread but if you make a frown that will spread as well.http://www.animeonline.net/gallery/s...0/ppuser/57173

God Of Angelz Submarine Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Pencak Champion, Grand Prix Challenge 2 Champion, Twelve Swap Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Crab Volleyball Champion, Hockey Shooter Champion, Trick Master Funky Champion, Mah-Jong Connect Champion, W.R.A.X. Champion dark1angel may be famous one day dark1angel's Avatar
    Thanks

Exclamation Re: are you afraid of being yourself?

For me i am not really afraid into being myself alone though i am not sure what is the speicification of this question, because there are different types on this perticular question, since i been asked already likee about 3 questions of the day relating to this manner although i am not aware of this situation that may be goin' on through everyones mind if they are by themseleves that something bad will happen to them, for me i am not concern about myself only to others. Because what is the point into caring your own good rather then caring for others that is what my point of view i am looking at.

Magic intervenes when there is love in first sight.
    |アスタロス|

Dragonrider Ichigo_06 is off to a good start Ichigo_06's Avatar
    Thanks

Well the point here is just in general, are you afraid to act yourself, in any given situation, or do you act how your friends want. does that clear it up a little? I mean there are many sides to this question but i guess it is to how the members see it in their perspective, alot of the time I see responces having to deal with "fitting in" and stuff on those lines. however I kind of did leave the reader in the open on the subject.
    ナサン フォオツド
    Keep what you hold dear close for one day they may be gone forever!
    Make one person smile for it will continue to spread but if you make a frown that will spread as well.http://www.animeonline.net/gallery/s...0/ppuser/57173

Newbie kira85 is off to a good start kira85's Avatar
    Thanks

I would say to an extent I live a double life. I'm probably one of the most preppy/trendy people I know. I act and dress in a way that is acceptable by social standards. Sadly I even hide all my anime dvd's and action figuires because I have found that most of the girls I tend to date are totally not into it. So I guess in short I would say yes i'm afraid to be myself.

Devoted Otaku Quick Words Champion, Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion, Mah Jongg Garden Champion, Haunted House Champion Cheza may be famous one day Cheza may be famous one day Cheza's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm always myself. . . whenever and wherever. Anyways, if your being yourself, then people notice the true you, what if they don't like who you're trying to be? It can ruin the start of a friendship.
    If they really had a desire to live, they would've been more aware of how easy it is to die.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast