+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Are you ashamed of being a Geek?

Devoted Otaku Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan's Avatar
    Thanks

Are you ashamed of being a Geek?

Well are you? Alot of people are ashamed of being a geek. And talking to alot of you on this site I think a majority of you are. And yes otaku is the same as geek.

~always by your side~ Radarix Champion, Virus 2 Champion, Virus 3 Champion fireandice is off to a good start fireandice's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Are you ashamed of being a Geek?

Well then all people are geeks in one form or another. Just because we like anime dosen't really classify us as geeks. But if that's what you want to call it then, yes I'm a geek and I don't really care if people think of me that way or not. I know what I like and if they don't like it then they don't have to do the samethings that I do. But it's funny when you have computer geeks everybody wants their help when they are in trouble. Like I said before everyone is a form of a geek, it just depends on what your into.

Otaku Basketball Champion Shippo101 has disabled reputation Shippo101's Avatar
    Thanks

well i have to say i am somewat of a geek, but i am not afraid to parade around spreading that knowledge, i mean if it is who you are and you are ashamed then you do not like yourself.

simple
    Shippo is determined to become a lvl higher
    I'm a solider of Pen and Paper!
    <3 Atomik_Sprout <3

Otaku magic soccer Champion, Badger Racing Champion, Penalty Master Champion, Mouse Wars Champion, Poopshoot Champion, RV Cart Dart Champion, Park The Caravan Champion, Radio Rampage Champion, Roman Rumble Champion, Catcho Champion, Planarity Champion, Dead eye puzzle Champion, Jurassic Realm Champion, Schatzgraeber Champion, Quick Brick Champion, Cannonball Follies 3 - Cold Front Champion, Dungeon Hunt Champion Jepray is off to a good start Jepray's Avatar
    Thanks

i know im a geek...but am i ashame of it, no, if i was then i'd have to change something. I dont care what strangers have to say about what i choose to like or follow...yeah you are what you are...
    Don't Panic

5.00 M33-6 solking may be famous one day solking may be famous one day solking's Avatar
    Thanks

Actually Otakus aren't really related to being geeks. Geeks are more about technology and the cutting edge and basically everything new and to date. There are plenty of geeks who aren't otakus. There are plenty of geeks who don't even like anime. So its not right to say its the same.

I for one don't mind being called a geek. I think its a compliment to be considered knowledgeable about a certain thing to where you can answer all questions about it. Everyone has their own hobbies. Being called a geek is the same as calling a person who loves sports a jock. All the same really.

Stray Sheep Aya-kun may be famous one day Aya-kun may be famous one day Aya-kun's Avatar
    Thanks

Depends what you mean..
    If it's the study-type of geek, I don't mind. Hell, I prefer to have brains rather than to be beautiful but dumb.

If you meant looking/dressing like a geek (thick-framed glasses, tucked-in pants), I would be ashame looking like that. It's a fashion crime~

I am aware that some people (especially the preppy students in high schools) tend to classify otakus as geeks.. Well.. What's there to be ashame?
    Shippo-san is right. If you are ashame of what you like, that means you don't like yourself.

[CENTER]+ Sheep Blogs at PaperDiaries +

Legendary Otaku divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shodokan View Post
    Well are you? Alot of people are ashamed of being a geek. And talking to alot of you on this site I think a majority of you are. And yes otaku is the same as geek.
    I am not a geek. I am a nerd. There's a HUGE difference.

I'm not ashamed of it. Being a nerd, an intellectual, is a huge part of my personality. My friends from high school and I were "The Nerd Herd." It wasn't a derogatory title; it was given to us with utmost respect. We were some of the most revered, most loved people in that entire school. People knew and liked us. I went back to my high school to watch a play last night and was attacked by former underclassmen, all wide-eyed, asking me what college is like.

You get a reputation. It's up to you to make it a good one.

Devoted Otaku Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan's Avatar
    Thanks

Ummm..... whats the big difference between geek and nerd? Seriously I have no clue.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast