+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: You definition of love

Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: You definition of love

Alot of people paint this warm and cozy picture of what love is... But I'm not sure if I totaly agree. I'm not sure that love is always peacful and blissful (as stated in the post above mine by atomik_sprout). Thats why love confuses me, because I could swear... I've loved people and it didnt feel good sometimes. I loved a drug addict, who chose his addictions over me. I loved a man who claimed to be utterly repulsed by me. I love my mother even though she views me as an inferior being. I love my kids, even though they can say hurtful things when they dont get their way (at least with them I KNOW my love is returned). At the end of the day.... I could at least rest my head, knowing I have one heck of a big heart. Even if its broken. Even if it HURTS to love.

But that is what's so great about love... You're not supposed to love, to get love in return. You are supposed to love for the sake of love itself. Love is like vitamins for your soul. It might make you sick sometimes... but its good for you.
    ... Not Ever Again...

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Peach_follows View Post
    Alot of people paint this warm and cozy picture of what love is... But I'm not sure if I totaly agree. I'm not sure that love is always peacful and blissful (as stated in the post above mine by atomik_sprout). Thats why love confuses me, because I could swear... I've loved people and it didnt feel good sometimes. I loved a drug addict, who chose his addictions over me. I loved a man who claimed to be utterly repulsed by me. I love my mother even though she views me as an inferior being. I love my kids, even though they can say hurtful things when they dont get their way (at least with them I KNOW my love is returned). At the end of the day.... I could at least rest my head, knowing I have one heck of a big heart. Even if its broken. Even if it HURTS to love.

But that is what's so great about love... You're not supposed to love, to get love in return. You are supposed to love for the sake of love itself. Love is like vitamins for your soul. It might make you sick sometimes... but its good for you.

I dunno, I'm not much of a pill popper and most vitamins are chalky.

You're right though. Sometimes love can hurt, but that's only by circumstance. You'll find that hearts are broken a lot less than when people actually find love. That's my opinion, anyhow. I love to get love in return. Equivalent exchange. There's no point in loving a person who won't return the love. And that's only in a romantic sense. I have friends that I love to death, but I'm sure that a few don't feel the same way. But that's okay. I love my friends for the sake of love; to show them that I'm there.

Romantic love is a bit more complicated than that and that's why I've steered clear of it since my last relationship. Too much goin' on in that arena for me. I'd rather just share a platonic love with everybody. That way I know that--in a small way if you think about it on a larger scale--I've done something to make the world a somewhat better place. People need to be shown love and compassion. It's what builds trust amongst others.

For the most part, I love everybody... Save a few jack-a**es who like to disrupt my peace or those who've proved to be untrustworthy. But even those people deserve some kind of compassion... Just not from me. ^_^

Otaku clover may be famous one day clover may be famous one day clover's Avatar
    Thanks

love is harsh, and a misunderstood
    theres actually alot of ways to love, and alot of people dont understand it. love is fickle and elusive. You have to deal with alot of pain, joy, anger, and all the other emotions to understand that people love you deep down. They may not show it alot, or act badly towords people because they dont get their way. But if they stick around and tell you straight out when something is good, bad, or possibly dangerous. Help you through something that can be good for you or helpful.They show caring and the love they want to hide.

I have been suicidal, a cutter, Into drugs, and drinking. the men in my life at some of those times were extremley bad beaters, addicted to drugs, hated me. The friends and family ive had through the bad times are the ones i love more than anything. They cared enough about me to stick it out and help me through it all, from the time i started at a young age.

..........nothing is true, everything is permitted..........

Laid Back Otaku Tano-kun may be famous one day Tano-kun may be famous one day Tano-kun's Avatar
    Thanks

Cool Re: You definition of love

Love is having a great fondness and affection toward a special someone. Although it give someone great happiness, it can also give them great pain. For instance, the day of marriage will give that person great bliss. Having your partner die before you might be very painful to bare. Even if it was through natural causes, it can always still hurt. In the end, all you can do is live your life to the fullest with that special person.

Otaku sangogirl may be famous one day sangogirl may be famous one day sangogirl's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark. View Post
    Love is the ultimate double-edged sword. While in it, however long or brief, it is often described as indescribable; emotional ectasy. Life without love however leaves the body, mind, and spirit dark and empty, even if all other aspects of life are good, there's always that gaping hole where love should be.
    i love the way u worded it have to agree, when you think you love somebody it's good, but unlike other people i believe that nothing lasts forever including love and after the ectasy is over and you can't love the person any more, it feels like one of the worst lows you can be in, and it hurts so much, so as much as love can make you happy it can give you that equivilante in pain. so yeah, that's my definition, a temporary high that actually good for you.
    every rose has a thorn

Teddy Bear =^_^= Bean Hunter Champion Frozen Rose may be famous one day Frozen Rose's Avatar
    Thanks

well love sometimes give you the reason to live another day ... and it give you the happiness becasue it make you see that you share your heart with another heart on this world XD ... and like dark. say
    Love is the ultimate double-edged sword
    good say -_^ ... i really liked it XD .. =^_^=
    http://www.animeonline.net/avatars/frozen-rose-62446.gif?type=sigpic&dateline=1230225100
    My Dreams Become Like The Rainbow
    Love Like the Wind You Can't See It But You Can Feel It

Legendary Otaku Happy Pill Champion, Monkey Mayhem Champion NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90's Avatar
    Thanks

Love is the more evolved version of animal magnetism that humans have.

To me, love is.......wow, i really don't know. not many people have asked me.

I think love is when..................uhm

I guess i'll keep it simple. Love is when you think of many different things, and everything has a link back to one person. Where this person invades your thoughts, your dreams, your inspiration, where the universe revolves around a person other than yourself.
    Why hello there!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2