Closed Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you a Leader or a Follower?

Banned Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Are you a Leader or a Follower?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. K View Post
    Thats because 'Ignorance is bliss'~ (....)

I am to lazy to lead and to bored to follow.

[&&] If I do Follow, its only to blend in. I am very much aware of whats going on. Its not like a jumping off the cliff with the others~ Well I am, but with a Parachute. keke~

v.v I don't see why I most be the one to make the Change. To lazy..

Anywho no one wants to be a outsider, because they just don't know how much fun it is~!

ABC News: Why Do People Follow the Crowd?

Here's a link, it may help you understand~
    No, ignorance is more of a sign of hatred.

Anyway I respect K's opinion.

A good leader doesn't go and collects people and makes them follow HIS point of view, instead he listens to people, has an ocean of patience and follows a path which is good for everybody else.

A follower should at least have some knowledge AND common sense, so he/she is not blinded by superstition if this is the case.

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

When you're talking politics and religion, even having some knowledge and common sense isn't good enough. Some theologians are so insanely knowledgeable that everyone else can't really tell if what they're doing and saying is right or wrong. Some politicians are so intelligent and devious that they can influence even the people you thought least likely to be influenced. I like to think myself as neutral in most matters, but I always find myself being swayed here and there because someone else knows a lot more than I do.

Banned Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip's Avatar
    Thanks

But then doesn't it depend on person to person? I mean that everybody has a different opinion, and when the "followers" have a doubt, they discuss it with each other. I've seen this happening, lol .
    So yeah...

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

Ah yes, of course. But then what happens when everyone else is just as clueless as you? And afraid to take it up to the leader?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blue_rebel View Post
    Ah yes, of course. But then what happens when everyone else is just as clueless as you? And afraid to take it up to the leader?
    Have you been spying on me? =O;;

if everyone were as clueless as me, to them it won't make a difference either way, then.

Heh, back to the topic nows.

Thanks

Meaning, everyone would just go on following the leader anyway? Haha, I was under the impression that we were still talking about leaders and... clueless followers.

Thanks

Clueless people just have less clue than the average clue"d" people, that's all I have to say .

Ehhh mods, forgive me >_<

Devoted Otaku Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lebasiara View Post
    To be a good leader one has to be a good follower...
    A good leader is a good listener...
    A leader is a guide not a dictator...

Since I was a kid people has chosen me as leader of something... School president, class president or whatever...
    It took me a while to learn how to be a good leader.... I am still learning... I consider myself a good leader... not a perfect leader.

I am a leader yes, but I don't like to call myself like that... I like better to say that I am a good friend that helps, listens and cares for ppl. Plus for me being a leader does not make me the perfect person with all the right opinion always... the people under my charge are not my slaves... I am their leader to serve them... not to be served by them....

My dad once told me.... before I work as a camper and youth leader: If you want to lead people you have to learn how to obey and listen first... no stubburn person is a good leader....

If one want to be leader one has to be humble enough to admit that one can be wrong...
    Interesting you foster trust to inspire people to follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    You just named another possibility yourself.
    Yes but most people will not completely and utterely not follow someone as I do even if they maybe a leader themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by blue_rebel View Post
    When you're talking politics and religion, even having some knowledge and common sense isn't good enough. Some theologians are so insanely knowledgeable that everyone else can't really tell if what they're doing and saying is right or wrong. Some politicians are so intelligent and devious that they can influence even the people you thought least likely to be influenced. I like to think myself as neutral in most matters, but I always find myself being swayed here and there because someone else knows a lot more than I do.
    Yes but don't forget that alot of relgious people have also used their intelligence and manipulation to sway the masses. I think you and Abu Dhabi might be followers just not very good followers. I don't think followers are clueless as leaders inspire them to act against their own common sense. Can you guys say yes to most of the things on this list.

- demonstrating respect
    - thinking win/win
    - working within the system
    - acting proactively
    - appreciating differences
    - striving toward a common goal (one shared with leaders)
    - recognizing any authority that leaders may possess
    - tailoring actions to accord with leaders' ideals
    - making decisions based on a set of values
    - enthusiastically working towards organizational goals while nevertheless remaining accountable for results
    - gaining the trust of leaders
    - fostering enough independence to allow followers to achieve goals without complete reliance on leaders
    - requiring only high-level guidance
    - demonstrating effectiveness when working in a group independently
    recognizing the hierarchy of leadership while becoming a self-motivated mini-leader
    - proactively working to fulfil or exceed expectations

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast