Closed Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you a Leader or a Follower?

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Are you a Leader or a Follower?

Quote Originally Posted by Shodokan View Post
    Yes but don't forget that alot of relgious people have also used their intelligence and manipulation to sway the masses.
    You realize you're just repeating what I said?

Quote Originally Posted by Shodokan
    I don't think followers are clueless as leaders inspire them to act against their own common sense.
    I don't mean entirely dumb or ignorant. When you have a leader whose knowledge overpowers, it's very easy to just go along with him/her because you can't seem to find fault with his/her plans.

Devoted Otaku Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blue_rebel View Post
    You realize you're just repeating what I said?

I don't mean entirely dumb or ignorant. When you have a leader whose knowledge overpowers, it's very easy to just go along with him/her because you can't seem to find fault with his/her plans.
    Yes.

I don't really think so I think it's more about being charismatic. I read this book about these kids stuck on an island. The smartest kid didn't become the leader because the other kids considered him a dork and a nerd. Although he was an advisor to the kid who did become the leader.

Learn, live, laugh, GROW 5 Card Draw Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Long Jump Champion, Collapse Champion, BALLZ! Champion, Rotamania Champion, Rotations Champion, Hishi Champion, Domino Pressure Champion, Fun_game1 Champion, Road Blocks Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Cloud Breakout Champion lebasiara may be famous one day lebasiara's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes but don't forget that alot of relgious people have also used their intelligence and manipulation to sway the masses. I think you and Abu Dhabi might be followers just not very good followers. I don't think followers are clueless as leaders inspire them to act against their own common sense. Can you guys say yes to most of the things on this list.

- demonstrating respect
    - thinking win/win
    - working within the system
    - acting proactively
    - appreciating differences
    - striving toward a common goal (one shared with leaders)
    - recognizing any authority that leaders may possess
    - tailoring actions to accord with leaders' ideals
    - making decisions based on a set of values
    - enthusiastically working towards organizational goals while nevertheless remaining accountable for results
    - gaining the trust of leaders
    - fostering enough independence to allow followers to achieve goals without complete reliance on leaders
    - requiring only high-level guidance
    - demonstrating effectiveness when working in a group independently
    recognizing the hierarchy of leadership while becoming a self-motivated mini-leader
    - proactively working to fulfil or exceed expectations
    Nice list!!!! YES!!! if a leader does not have any of them: we have a problem..... also I think I'd add: To the second one: Thinking win/win and if you lose, it is an inspiration for you to try harder and win next time... meaning one's world doesn't come down if one does not win the first time.....
    Nothing less from Pyro ^_^ Great Sig ^_^ THANK YOU!!!!
    C:\Documents and Settings\MARA\My Documents\My Pictures\Anime room\sigs\music_sig1 mia ^_^.jpg
    "show me.... THE BEAST!!!" The Beauty and the Beast movie

Otaku Just Pitching Champion, Mile High Club Champion, Penguin Dive Champion, Gold Strike Champion Darkened_Star may be famous one day Darkened_Star may be famous one day Darkened_Star's Avatar
    Thanks

Can you guys say yes to most of the things on this list.

- demonstrating respect
    - thinking win/win
    - working within the system
    - acting proactively
    - appreciating differences
    - striving toward a common goal (one shared with leaders)
    - recognizing any authority that leaders may possess
    - tailoring actions to accord with leaders' ideals
    - making decisions based on a set of values
    - enthusiastically working towards organizational goals while nevertheless remaining accountable for results
    - gaining the trust of leaders
    - fostering enough independence to allow followers to achieve goals without complete reliance on leaders
    - requiring only high-level guidance
    - demonstrating effectiveness when working in a group independently
    recognizing the hierarchy of leadership while becoming a self-motivated mini-leader
    - proactively working to fulfil or exceed expectations
    Indeed a good list ^_^ I can say yes to many of them.

Quote Originally Posted by lebasiara View Post
    To be a good leader one has to be a good follower...
    A good leader is a good listener...
    A leader is a guide not a dictator...

Since I was a kid people has chosen me as leader of something... School president, class president or whatever...
    It took me a while to learn how to be a good leader.... I am still learning... I consider myself a good leader... not a perfect leader.

If one want to be leader one has to be humble enough to admit that one can be wrong...
    I agree with lebasiara... A good leader must be a good follower and a good listener. And they are often just like everyone else, though people try and think they have to be perfect. I'm a leader often, but sometimes I prefer to be a follower. I'm president of youth ralleys, vice president in a club, have postions on forums, etc. But at the same time, I really don't want to be the leader everywhere and I can learn from being a follower as I have. ^_^
    Last edited by Darkened_Star; Apr 25, 2007 at 06:58 AM.

Come dance in the rain with me, no one is watching.

Newbie Ahiko is off to a good start Ahiko's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm a natural-born leader from Soshi Kitai's description. I tend to have people rely on me, and I don't usually like following other people, but I've gotten used to letting other people lead and learn from their example ways that I can lead others when the situation comes down to that. Otherwise, I'd be the one leading the pack most of the time. I don't mind if I have to lead, but I like giving other people the chance to take a leadership role every now and then, unlike high school where the same group of kids are always in the executive board of every club. (=.=")
    あたしと一緒に遊びたい~

Newbie Aqua chic may be famous one day Aqua chic may be famous one day Aqua chic's Avatar
    Thanks

I used to be a leader (when i was little) and when I was in elementary, I used to follow, but I just got hurt. So now I do neather.
    By Heartless_mage

Trance Addict jaam0927 may be famous one day jaam0927 may be famous one day jaam0927's Avatar
    Thanks

I dunno..
    thats a tough question to ask yourself.
    but I don't think I am any of those.
    I am one of those quiet kids that might seem like a zero to the left. But I question everything. I don't like to follow others because, ppl then to lose their will when they do that. If I follow a "leader", he would be some that carries my believes so strongly that I would literally say: "he is better than me" and that his personality would allow him to take those believes to the "next level" to put it that way. up until now, I haven't said that. Also, why would I need a leader that carries my believes and hopes if I can do it myself?
    I am not a leader. I care about ppl that are close to me and believe in me. I dont care what ppl might think of me. but when I work with ppl I like to listen to every1. I don't think I have what it takes to be a leader. :S
    if I am not one of those.... what am I.... prolly just a loner
    but if some day I have to be in the shoes of a "leader", I guess I could fill them up.
    Thank you SasuraiHell for making my sig. ur the best.
    "I came, I saw, I conquered" - Julious Cesar

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

Heh. You sound to me like you're a one-man team.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast