Closed Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Are you a Leader or a Follower?

Angelic Lasura may be famous one day Lasura's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Are you a Leader or a Follower?

Weather I'm a leader or follower depends on the situaion.
    If it's a school work then I'm ussualy the leader in my team, because I feel really responsible for everyone, start dealing the things we have to do, watch over everything, put everything together in the end
    But if it's about a football game or something, or if we had to go to war (everything can happen ) then I'm deffinetely a follower, I can't make fast decisions and I'm no good at attacking, I do whatever I'm told to do... blindly if needed...

My recommended fanfic: "Dreamer" by Scourge

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ketaro View Post
    I lean towards being just a follower, i just don't have the guts to be a leader. There is huge pressure on you when you are the leader, you have to stay on task and make sure that you team mates are doing what they are suppose to be doing. If the team fails, you are accountable for it.
    Ditto, I feel the same way. Plus, I always get this feeling that people are bitching about me and my methods behind my back when I lead. That sort of paranoia sucks.

Newbie Blood Dancer is off to a good start Blood Dancer's Avatar
    Thanks

To lead or to follow hmmm I do not I can answer that question. Human kind needs leaders and followers to keep a since of order amongst themselves and others around them.
    The reason I saying this is because even when you think your not follower you are because being lead one way or another by following laws set down by the leaders of this country or any other country for that matter.

Otaku Avatar theif#1 may be famous one day Avatar theif#1 may be famous one day Avatar theif#1's Avatar
    Thanks

i like to think that i just stand there and watch people following each other

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Dancer
    The reason I saying this is because even when you think your not follower you are because being lead one way or another by following laws set down by the leaders of this country or any other country for that matter.
    well by not doing anything your not following the rules but nor are you breaking them thus you cant fall under either of the 2

Do to others as you see fit

Pro Utilitate Hominum LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator's Avatar
    You know that feeling, like you're being watched...
    Thanks

I don't really fit into either catigory, but if I had to, I'd say I'm a leader. I usually end up doing my own thing, more often than not, others follow. I did actually fulfil all those requirements Shodokan listed, but I'm not always comfortable taking the lead if it's something important. I do help out however I can though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shodokan View Post
    - demonstrating respect
    - thinking win/win
    - working within the system
    - acting proactively
    - appreciating differences
    - striving toward a common goal (one shared with leaders)
    - recognizing any authority that leaders may possess
    - tailoring actions to accord with leaders' ideals
    - making decisions based on a set of values
    - enthusiastically working towards organizational goals while nevertheless remaining accountable for results
    - gaining the trust of leaders
    - fostering enough independence to allow followers to achieve goals without complete reliance on leaders
    - requiring only high-level guidance
    - demonstrating effectiveness when working in a group independently
    recognizing the hierarchy of leadership while becoming a self-motivated mini-leader
    - proactively working to fulfil or exceed expectations

Mind you, I usually end up calling the 2 groups sheep & shepards, due to the way so many people mindlessly follow the mass, not willing to take a chance & break away, while others take action & do what needs to be done, while the flock follows suit. Take an example I see almost every day. When I go into Perth, the local capitol City, I usually end up going into Northbridge, a more entertainment orientated area with bars, resteraunts, pool halls, etc. To get there, you have to go North, crossing over a bridge over the railway (hence the name), then cross a busy road. Now, a single quick person, such as myself, can easily nip across to the central island, then over to the other side with no proplems. But, then you get the idiots who mindlessly follow you, despite that car that just had to slow down or get a pedestrian as a hood ornament.

Then again, there are other times when I'm willing to take a seat futher down the chain of command. Like in Battlefield 2142, a online First Person Shooter. I usually end up joining a team, then helping out how I can. However, occationally the team leader is forced out of the team for some reason or another & if I'm 2nd on the list, I get command of the squad. If that happens, I just try to talk to my teammates & find out what they want to do. I prefer not to lead in those situations, but I will if I need to.

Then there's those friends that if you didn't lead them, it'd only lead to disaster...
    The Madman previously known as Daniel219

Wish I could get on here more often. *Sigh* The down side to night shift...

Newbie Blood Dancer is off to a good start Blood Dancer's Avatar
    Thanks

Question Re: Are you a Leader or a Follower?

Quote Originally Posted by Avatar theif#1 View Post
    i like to think that i just stand there and watch people following each other

well by not doing anything your not following the rules but nor are you breaking them thus you cant fall under either of the 2
    I not sure what you mean by this could you explain?

Decapitation?DontBePicky! Raimann may be famous one day Raimann may be famous one day Raimann's Avatar
    Thanks

baaaack ppl ! first post in like three months
    ok well im a leader mos def, but the problem is that i cause many people to o the stupidest ish ever XD i rele use my powers for bad. i guess i can attribute me being a leader to my popularity. like im funny, easy to talk to ad a good friend, so im guessin that ppl see me not as a role model, but someone to follow to be in the 'in-crowd'. so i dont know if im a bad leader, or good, but i enjoy having the power to change people's minds

F.y.i - i find it rele crude callin it the 'in crowd' when our class is 15 ppl and all friends

Want Credits Fast? Love The Thrill Of Gambling? Then Come On Down And See For Yourself!
    http://www.animeonline.net/f5/nfl-football-31440/

Otaku Avatar theif#1 may be famous one day Avatar theif#1 may be famous one day Avatar theif#1's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Dancer View Post
    I not sure what you mean by this could you explain?
    the first part or the last one

1st part)Basically i dont like to deal with other peoples problems so i avoid being a leader and following a leader
    2nd part)rules cant be made with out people causing problems right? So you can move around the rules and not follow them and still be called a law binding citizen

Do to others as you see fit

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast