Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Are you picky about your friends?

AO #1 (fill in the blank) KungFu Basil Champion, Lost In The Jungle Champion, Heli Attack 2 Champion basilisk888 is off to a good start basilisk888's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Are you picky about your friends?

I have no "freinds" in the world that I live... I find no need for them since I lost all in a week.... so one could say that you can want them but you do not need them... same goes for most anything in the world... oh well....
    death and life are one and the same

Newbie Kuinta is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
    Actually I am more picky about life long partners then I am life long friends so that statement does not pertain to me in the least do to the fact I want to be with some who I want to cherish and love them for who they are more so then any other friend. As far as I am concerned, my girlfriend (When I find her out there some where) Will be my greatest most best friend of them all and takes my number one priority while every one else is only second.

I am a very forgiving person and it takes a lot for me to hold a grudge... But I would have to say more forgiving for my partner then my other friends... But not by much.

Sadly most people do have higher expectations for their partner, I how ever do not as I only expect them to be who there, nothing more and nothing less and what ever it is that they want to do I will be her biggest cheer leader.

When I first get into a relationship I want to get to know the girl first and foremost and build up a foundation for a strong relationship that would allow for us to build love and trust and the desire to be with each other upon. As for meeting my friends or her friends... That comes a little later.
    Wow, Scourge. That was very nice. Way to be really noble when it comes to your love life. That's a good way to explain when being picky in those kind of relationships are necessary. Love is the kind of relationship that is a bond between two people, which I think in this case being picky just means having standards. Good job with being a gentleman. Kudos to your social skills.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Kuinta For This Useful Post:

Scourge (Aug 26, 2008)

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by basilisk888 View Post
    I have no "freinds" in the world that I live... I find no need for them since I lost all in a week.... so one could say that you can want them but you do not need them... same goes for most anything in the world... oh well....
    Human beings are social creatures. We crave and need social interaction for our brains to develope correctly and to remain stable. Even if that interaction is with an animal like a pet.

I don't know the circumstances in which you lost your friends, but your conclusion that humans don't need friends is incorrect. We can survive with out them, yes, but what kind of existance would that be?

Newbie Starspirit may be famous one day Starspirit may be famous one day Starspirit's Avatar
    Thanks

Meh, I think honestly anyone is picky about picking their friends, no matter what...they may be in denial if they disagree, anyone is selfish inside, they just haven't discovered or want or even how to experience it yet. It's just human nature...you just can't help it! Guess this goes along with many things...

but yeah i'll admit i am, because i've gotten hurt by many people and a lot had to deal with them judging and who they want to speak with and what i've realized from all that is i've never done any means to bother them...so i learned the hard way by tolerating with it and honestly have to say i always am now careful on who i meet and to see how compatible i am with people in general and also when i get along with them. Of course those i make friends with, we just tend to be friends for awhile.....so does this also go along with astrology signs?? i believe that too...but that's another story i guess...all in all, i would pick my bf over friends because love should not be played with. After all i got no choice anyway...and i also have nothing to complain about with my current relationship, cause i've been very happy compared to most of past years.

http://www.myspace.com/starades

AO #1 (fill in the blank) KungFu Basil Champion, Lost In The Jungle Champion, Heli Attack 2 Champion basilisk888 is off to a good start basilisk888's Avatar
    Thanks

Human beings are social creatures. We crave and need social interaction for our brains to develope correctly and to remain stable. Even if that interaction is with an animal like a pet.

I don't know the circumstances in which you lost your friends, but your conclusion that humans don't need friends is incorrect. We can survive with out them, yes, but what kind of existance would that be?
    true humans need to interact with other humans or things to live a healthy life but it is also true that there is most two different type of people out there in the world. those types are ones who like to interact with other and the others are the ones who do not... simple is it not? well for some people the fall into the place were they can't even stand being in a room full of people... so makeing freinds is hard and keeping the is even harder is it not?
    Last edited by basilisk888; Aug 29, 2008 at 04:40 AM.
    death and life are one and the same

Legendary Otaku Happy Pill Champion, Monkey Mayhem Champion NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. K View Post
    I was told that people tend to be more picky about choosing life long friends compare to lovers or mates.

Now I am at a compelete lost. Is it easier to forgive a friend when they have done you wrong, compare to if a lover had?

Do we really hold higher Expectation in our lovers then we do are friends? Why do much more forgiving to friends?

Sometimes! I've notice when people first get into a relationship they want the girl to meet there friends, or they want to keep her away. Same said for Women.

Some even go out of there way making Friends choose them or there lover. Same goes the other way around.

So to clear this up, how about you?
    well i find this to be true. I think if you are gonna open up to some one, you'd want it to be some one you k ow you can trust, so therefore, why not be picky? The way i see it, if you can count your true friends on one hand, you are a very lucky person.
    Why hello there!

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

true humans need to interact with other humans or things to live a healthy life but it is also true that there is most two different type of people out there in the world. those types are ones who like to interact with other and the others are the ones who do not... simple is it not? well for some people the fall into the place were they can't even stand being in a room full of people... so makeing freinds is hard and keeping the is even hardder is it not?
    Regardless of there being "two different types of people", doesn't change the fact that our brains evolved the way they did for a reason: We need social interaction to delvelop naturally and to remain stable. It happened that way to further the species. (That means to have sex and procreate!)

Not wanting to make friends doesn't negate the fact that your body actually has a biological need for it to stay healthy.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to aceman67 For This Useful Post:

Scourge (Aug 28, 2008)

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

I guess I am picky, more so with those who I would call close friends than anything, I seem to have many acquaintances but yet only a few I would call really close and trust with every thing.

true humans need to interact with other humans or things to live a healthy life but it is also true that there is most two different type of people out there in the world. those types are ones who like to interact with other and the others are the ones who do not... simple is it not? well for some people the fall into the place were they can't even stand being in a room full of people... so makeing freinds is hard and keeping the is even hardder is it not?
    Quote Originally Posted by aceman67 View Post
    Regardless of there being "two different types of people", doesn't change the fact that our brains evolved the way they did for a reason: We need social interaction to delvelop naturally and to remain stable. It happened that way to further the species. (That means to have sex and procreate!)

Not wanting to make friends doesn't negate the fact that your body actually has a biological need for it to stay healthy.
    While I can see where you are coming from basilisk888, aceman does have a point. I read an research article that found that those with social ties live longer (kicking myself that I didn't keep it now, was interesting). I guess having that support does great things for ones health.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast