Closed Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Are you religious or not?

Mage of Eternity Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Are you religious or not?

Yes I'm deeply religous. Yet I'm not one for blabbin' 'bout it, that's jus' not me. My beliefs are personal. I guess that's why I'm non-denomial.

Sanity doesn't exist, it's just an excuse cooked up by crazy people to justify their actions. My myspace page: www.myspace.com/joemage

Banned Yomiko Readman may be famous one day Yomiko Readman may be famous one day Yomiko Readman's Avatar
    Thanks

Is anyone Online???
    -----------------------------Double Post Merge---------------------------------------------
    Well im not sure i would say no
    Last edited by Yomiko Readman; Apr 14, 2006 at 03:30 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Otaku TalentedDavid may be famous one day TalentedDavid may be famous one day TalentedDavid's Avatar
    Thanks

Well im religious...but i doubt anyone here is interested in what religion it is

...Impulsive...

Newbie DHS-Alberio may be famous one day DHS-Alberio may be famous one day DHS-Alberio's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bassdudez
    Religious......

Well, I follow the rules and try to obey God and all that, I go to church every Sunday, I try to respect other people and treat them with the same respect as God would want me to do...... but I seriously dont think I am religious.

I mean, I dont feel like Im "connected" with God. They say that you need to have fellowship with God to do what he wants..... and I really believe that. Unfortunately, I dont feel it for myself..... and I know many people dont either. I guess it has something to do with the fear of letting go of this world, the fear of sacrificing everything for something you cant even see...... sounds quite understandable, but obviously not something that would come out of a religious person's mouth.
    I know what you mean, and the fear of letting go of the simple things in life does sound like the only reason, although preached against in the bible, that my relationship with God isn't as strong as i'd like it to be. Other than that, I'm Christian. i try my best not to have prejudices, i try not to knowlingly sin, although it happens alot,and at times i feel weak and lost beyond help.... But thank the Lord, He has held me up and kept me out of many sticky situations.

I know by experiance that God is the only firm foundation, although in my flesh i vainly search for other shelters that are all built on sand. Music was one, and i am yet unable to seperate myself from it... Anime became another and also i am unable to seperate from it....

I fear that because of my insistancy in prayer and my susciptibility to my flesh, that i do not seek Christ as i once did, let alone enough to bring glory to Him. I accepted Jesus young and at times feel like i have let my flesh come between me and God, at those times i feel excommunicated, but i know i am not by the promise in the Bible, "I will never leave you nor forsake you" and i know i will my my brothers and sisters in Christ on the latter day, When Gabriel grabs his horn (brass instrument) and set one foot upon the land and one foot on the sea and will sound that horn in announcement of Christs second coming, which shall be soon, i also beleive.

I have no denomonation, I have no need of a denomonation, I beleive in Christ and His teachings, and that he is The Sovreign (i spelled that wrong probably) I Am, The Alpha and the Omega, The First and the Last, The Beginning and the End, The Prince of Peace, King of Kings, and Lord of Lords. He is my Strong Tower and my Best Friend.

And all it takes for Him to be all this to you is the following:

personal acception that there is a being called God

Beleif that "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God" and that "For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus" and that Jesus was sent to die on the cross and redeem our sins, for he was the pure sinless Son of God

an finally confession, as it says in Romans 10:9&10 according to the KJV "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation." and in verse 13 "For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved"

And somewhere in the Holy Scriptures, It says that once you are in His hand, nothing will ever be able to take you from Him.

Otaku Drkduality may be famous one day Drkduality may be famous one day Drkduality's Avatar
    Thanks

well i like hearing bible stories but i don't have the attention span to read the bible. I always feel out of place at our youth group so i usually avoid that. I do have a facination with angels, demons, and armagedon though. Is that religous or just weird..........

Newbie DHS-Alberio may be famous one day DHS-Alberio may be famous one day DHS-Alberio's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Drkduality
    well i like hearing bible stories but i don't have the attention span to read the bible. I always feel out of place at our youth group so i usually avoid that. I do have a facination with angels, demons, and armagedon though. Is that religous or just weird..........
    Dont worry about it, human nature to like hearing about destruction and Spiritual wars, as long as you're not a part of it, right?
    And my attention span differes, i think everyones does, you could probably read the bible, just have a little paitience (Words spoken to me about thirteen times a day lol)
    But the important thing is whether or not you have accepted God as your personal Saviour

Gundam Builder Ragn0r0x may be famous one day Ragn0r0x may be famous one day Ragn0r0x's Avatar
    Thanks

Im in the middle when it comes to being religious. I believe in God, I go to mass on Sunday, I respect all the other religions out there. The only thing I dont like is when people try to push their religion onto you, I know they are just trying to spread their faith, but sometimes they cant accept the word no thanks and Im happy with my current religion.

Newbie Cowboy_bebop_15 may be famous one day Cowboy_bebop_15 may be famous one day
    Thanks

I dont know about me..... like i'm not full on religious..... but i kinda do believe in god...i want to believe god is real but i think man made it up so that we can cope better with death knowing we can go to heaven or hell....so yeah thats my standings on this subject
    .....:::: The Sky's The Sky Everywhere you go, And People are people::::....

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast