+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: and you thought...

Otaku OfeliasFire is off to a good start OfeliasFire's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: and you thought...

Yes many people grew up being taught to judge people by the color of the skin.
    Many people grew up thinking white people are the superior race.
    Many people are shallow and go by everything they see and hear and do not develop their own opinions.

One thing I don't get is why some white people don't want to be called racist yet they use the N word and judge people on the color of the skin and they don't want to be called whitetrash yet they insist on not looking for jobs, having ten kids, and letting their husband or wife cheat on them and so on. What about how some black people don't want to be seperated from others as The N word yet some of them don't seek out jobs on purpose and live on wellfare because they want to and are lazy..and they don't want to be called racist yet they call us crackers and honkeys, many of them often establish all black churches and do not allow white people in their church..WTF?

My advice to those certain white, black, latino, asian, or whatever people that are like that. I think they need to stand up, admit they are wrong and quit living in denial and many cases in every race on wellfare. Incase they all didn't know its not good for a person to live like that, its not good for them, their kids, or anyone.
    Alot of people in this world just need to get some guts and quit being a coward and being scared of different things and people.
    Dear Dinah...

My Entity Is Unknown anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by OfeliasFire View Post
    Yes many people grew up being taught to judge people by the color of the skin.
    Many people grew up thinking white people are the superior race.
    Many people are shallow and go by everything they see and hear and do not develop their own opinions.

One thing I don't get is why some white people don't want to be called racist yet they use the N word and judge people on the color of the skin and they don't want to be called whitetrash yet they insist on not looking for jobs, having ten kids, and letting their husband or wife cheat on them and so on. What about how some black people don't want to be seperated from others as The N word yet some of them don't seek out jobs on purpose and live on wellfare because they want to and are lazy..and they don't want to be called racist yet they call us crackers and honkeys, many of them often establish all black churches and do not allow white people in their church..WTF?

My advice to those certain white, black, latino, asian, or whatever people that are like that. I think they need to stand up, admit they are wrong and quit living in denial and many cases in every race on wellfare. Incase they all didn't know its not good for a person to live like that, its not good for them, their kids, or anyone.
    Alot of people in this world just need to get some guts and quit being a coward and being scared of different things and people.

I completley agree.
    Those people are in the wrong, no matter what they have to say about it. Just because you were raised a certain way doesnt mean it was the right way. People know right from wrong as they grow up, they simply view others different from them, not right!

1st Sig finished 12-20-09

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark. View Post
    Depending on how old your friend's mom is, it shouldn't suprise you. The older white generation still have those old fears and prejudices; she was merely acting to protect her baby because she just simply doesn't know. Is it right to judge people by race? No, everyone knows that, we all understand the theory, but applying it, living by it, that's a whole other ballgame. You act like it's disappeared; it's still everywhere, sometimes more sublime, maybe not as potent as it was in the 50s, but it still exists. Morgan Freeman's cab dilemma wasn't all that long ago.
    I can agree with that.

Is it right to judge someone by the color of their skin? Hell no! But you gotta realize that older people (no matter their color) are prone to semi-acts of racism, due to the fact that they all grew up in a day and age when people were segregated, whites lived the good life and blacks were cramped in to small neighborhoods and houses with little to no resources (because the job market wasn't really all that open to black people).

My sister's grandmother (when we first met), who is white, thought I was nothing more than your stereotypical "n****r" until she took the time to get to know me. She still thinks funny about black people, but her opinion on mixed kids has changed.

My grandfather is semi-racist. He's always claimin' that he was a slave (he's not old enough, LOL), and says things like, "I was the first black diesel engine worker in Minneapolis." Which he was. But, whenever we have a conversation, it usually goes from asking about how I'm doin' to, "Them white people givin' you trouble?" He's one of those black guys who dealt with a lot of racism and segregation; so his mind is always set in "civil rights" mode. He asked me--a few years back--what I wanted to do for my career and I told him I wanted to be a professional cartoonist. He said in reply, "Is there room for black people in that trade?"

If you're over 65, you're more than likely at the very least, semi/quasi-racist. It's not like they try to. In fact, most old folk know better and try to better themselves, but old habits are hard to break. Depending on how old your friend's mom is, she's probably just a mean racist, who has no reason to hate black people what-so-ever.

Otaku OfeliasFire is off to a good start OfeliasFire's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post
    I can agree with that.

Is it right to judge someone by the color of their skin? Hell no! But you gotta realize that older people (no matter their color) are prone to semi-acts of racism, due to the fact that they all grew up in a day and age when people were segregated, whites lived the good life and blacks were cramped in to small neighborhoods and houses with little to no resources (because the job market wasn't really all that open to black people).

My sister's grandmother (when we first met), who is white, thought I was nothing more than your stereotypical "n****r" until she took the time to get to know me. She still thinks funny about black people, but her opinion on mixed kids has changed.

My grandfather is semi-racist. He's always claimin' that he was a slave (he's not old enough, LOL), and says things like, "I was the first black diesel engine worker in Minneapolis." Which he was. But, whenever we have a conversation, it usually goes from asking about how I'm doin' to, "Them white people givin' you trouble?" He's one of those black guys who dealt with a lot of racism and segregation; so his mind is always set in "civil rights" mode. He asked me--a few years back--what I wanted to do for my career and I told him I wanted to be a professional cartoonist. He said in reply, "Is there room for black people in that trade?"

If you're over 65, you're more than likely at the very least, semi/quasi-racist. It's not like they try to. In fact, most old folk know better and try to better themselves, but old habits are hard to break. Depending on how old your friend's mom is, she's probably just a mean racist, who has no reason to hate black people what-so-ever.

Yeah I know how this is kinda.
    I have an aunt who literally cannot stand black people ..It's probably because she grew up in tennessee lol, which is sadly where I live. Racism is horrible in the town I live in. There are a few mixed people who live here and I feel so sorry for them...not because they are mixed but because everyone in town talks about them. I literally cannot stand this place. I mean damn they even talk about me...how I am supposedly a freak and satan worshiper..OOOO how scary lol.

But yeah my point is the south tends to be bad ,from what I have experienced , on racism.
    Dear Dinah...

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by anime_being_god View Post
    Well by the way it sounds this mother is most deffenitly racist. And yes she must have been raised among other racist people, which by what your saying, she must have more racist thoughts and experiences than her daughter, and her daughter seems to be a better person than her mother actually is.

OK, lets say her friend was a bad person, then why did the mother have to say, no! shes black???? Sounds like just another of her racist comments huh?

And im not jumping to conclusion on this, there is enough said for me to say she simply doesnt like black people.....

now you know if that girl were to be white, it would have been perfectly fine!

Im actually really tired of people and their racist views towards anyone.
    Please grow up!
    Lol, no need to red certain words man I can read perfectly fine.

I actually typed this post through the whole work day so my thoughts are going to be jumbled.

Racism is wrong no doubt. But you cannot tell people to have no prejudice. Like you said you can't jump to conclusions. What if she was a victim of a crime in the past, and the assailant happens to be African American? Anyways, would you be as angry if she wasn't going to let her daughter go see a man that is 20 years older?

I am in no way defender her friend's mother, but I also want to make you guys see fairly instead of screaming racism every time. People are going to have prejudice, especially African Americans. Why? Because the media hasn't been exactly helpful in aiding their image.

But going back to the parent, what would happen if she did let her go and somehow she did get hurt?? Was her worries warranted then? If we take the West Virginia school shooting incident for example, and let's say that Korean guy was stopped before the tragedy striked the out come would have been different.

People would jump all of that situation, saying oh it's a bunch of old people overreacting again. Others will say all he was doing was expressing himself.

So...yeah~~

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

My Entity Is Unknown anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Legend View Post
    Lol, no need to red certain words man I can read perfectly fine.

I actually typed this post through the whole work day so my thoughts are going to be jumbled.

Racism is wrong no doubt. But you cannot tell people to have no prejudice. Like you said you can't jump to conclusions. What if she was a victim of a crime in the past, and the assailant happens to be African American? Anyways, would you be as angry if she wasn't going to let her daughter go see a man that is 20 years older?

I am in no way defender her friend's mother, but I also want to make you guys see fairly instead of screaming racism every time. People are going to have prejudice, especially African Americans. Why? Because the media hasn't been exactly helpful in aiding their image.

But going back to the parent, what would happen if she did let her go and somehow she did get hurt?? Was her worries warranted then? If we take the West Virginia school shooting incident for example, and let's say that Korean guy was stopped before the tragedy striked the out come would have been different.

People would jump all of that situation, saying oh it's a bunch of old people overreacting again. Others will say all he was doing was expressing himself.

So...yeah~~

Ok I see your views correctly now i think....I was supposing you thought racism was ok. But even if her mom was attacked by a black person, to assume every colored person is bad from that experince is still not right. She would then be over generalizing the African people and saying there all not good people

1st Sig finished 12-20-09

Thanks for the memories princesslady may be famous one day princesslady may be famous one day princesslady's Avatar
    Thanks

wow, another reason why I wish to rule them.
    *cough*
    Anyway, that was wrong for her mother to say and as a female of color i see no reason why your mom would have a problem with a black girl.
    What does she see anyway?
    Well.....your mom needs help and needs to stop being prejudice but then again we all are a bit racist so we camt go around acting all like saints. I just dont see why you mom has a problemw ith black people.
    We are so sweet! ^_^

Born to rule, raised to lead, taught to establish: The African Queen

Àddïctëd tø |ăüghïñg :) Sonny Sunshine Champion, Volcano Champion, Aquarium Sprengischen Champion, Spiderman Web of Words Champion, Look Alive Champion iluvmyloser is off to a good start iluvmyloser's Avatar
    Thanks

not trying to get off topic but it wasnt my mom. It's my friend Kandis mom. And my mom does not need help! seeing how my mom is not racist in fact my parents have a whole bunch of other African american friends.
    Yeah, Bye.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast