+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: For you: what means to be healthy?

Otaku Master_badger may be famous one day Master_badger may be famous one day
    Thanks

For you: what means to be healthy?

Yesterday i was wondering what is the real meanning of health. And i was thinking about that because a lot of TV shows and another "#% with all the same things: really awesome girls or boys or the classic "eat rich and healthy" and some stuff like that.

And today, people really care about exercise, their own-body, the sugar in food. For most, to be healthy is all about those things, but is that really healthy?

The WHO (World Health Organization) have this definition: "Health is a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity".

Maybe that definition is not complete but also is the most complete. That show gave me another question: Can a fat guy be healthy? With the sugar, HDL, LDL, UA and another chemical values in normality, to be fat is not a disease by itself. Can be the begin of a lot of disease but not a disease. But now the people look in the fat boys and girls a lot of sick people. This is only an example.

So again, what is it to be healthy for you? Going to the gym? Doing a lot of exercise? Eating rich and healthy food (whatever that means)? Or maybe living your life happy like you are?

I read your answers. Good night.
    Last edited by Miroku4444; Oct 05, 2008 at 06:22 PM.
    "Knowledge is power"

§-Breakdown-§ Breakout Champion, Bubble Popper Champion Akura13 may be famous one day Akura13's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: For you: what means to be healthy?

For me, being healthy means alot of exercise, and eating healthy! Like, I run around my street three days a week, and I eat really healthy. I don't go to my gym anymore, cause, well, it cost too much...also, just a pointer, all these diet pills and junk can't be good for you at all...

So, yeah, my definition of healthy is working out and eating healthy food! ^^

Phantasmagoria Lives On In The Hearts Of Their Fans, Japanese AND English!
    "Because it's okay to hide your tears." - LM.C (Lovely Mocochang)

Newbie kamika is off to a good start kamika's Avatar
    Thanks

Healthy means a lot to me...
    It helps us to be not weak..Tries to give s more health..
    And other things that you could think too.

Otaku SweetCandi is off to a good start SweetCandi's Avatar
    Thanks

well to me..it means ..excerising,eating fruits and vegatables,staying away from alot of fatty foods and sugar, daily.. i mean its ok to have some sugar and some fat even salt but having it too much and eating alot of it is bad..lol..doing those coulpe things makes a person healty..its funny though, i see alot of skinny ppl eating alot of junk and never get fat..but there are big ppl who exceries,eat healty,ect and still gain a pound by one chip..O.o lol..what's up with that

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

Not really a Debate subject thread....

Moving to the Cyberlounge...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Can a fat guy be healthy?
    Well it depends on how fat, but most likely no. Being extremely overweight puts a strain on the heart(and other body organs),causes unhealthy conditions(Like diabetes), and will eventually kill you.

To me being healthy is exercising, watching what you eat, and being fit mentally.

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

I believe being healthy is more than just what you eat and exercise. I believe it is also how happy you are, and your mental and spiritual health. I also think that health can also be (but not always) determined by your culture, economic status and the environment you live in. So in a sense I do agree with the WHO definition of health.

Quote Originally Posted by Master_badger View Post
    That show gave me another question: Can a fat guy be healthy? With the sugar, HDL, LDL, UA and another chemical values in normality, to be fat is not a disease by itself. Can be the begin of a lot of disease but not a disease. But now the people look in the fat boys and girls a lot of sick people. This is only an example.
    Yes. While I won't deny that there are extremes to both ends, but I really do believe that you can be 'fat' whilst being healthy at the same time. There are plenty of 'fat' people who have no health problems what so ever and live healthy lives (in terms of both eating and exercising and what I mentioned above). I also don't believe in this so called BMI system. If my friend is skinnier than me and was classified as 'over-weight' their must be something wrong with it xD

Community Dude Asteroids Champion dude101 may be famous one day dude101 may be famous one day dude101's Avatar
    Thanks

To be healthy is to be happy, and to be happy is to be healthy. This is the most simple way i see health as. I don't really care about what professionals say about keeping fit and all. But for me its all about the energy i have on hand and at my disposal.

You can go into the finer details and all, but this is what i believe the essence of good health is. Or is it good living? Ahh well it's all the same in the end.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast