+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Are You Your Family's Religion?

Devoted Otaku Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan's Avatar
    Thanks

Are You Your Family's Religion?

Are you the same religion as your family? For example I tell people my family's Baptist however I don't really care for Chrisitanity or even God very much. They most naturally assume or consider me Baptist. Some countries even have laws about these kind of things. So if someone's family is Christian and they convert to Islam wouldn't they be Muslim. I know this sounds strange but this is actually a big issue in other places.

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Are You Your Family's Religion?

Quote Originally Posted by Shodokan View Post
    Are you the same religion as your family? For example I tell people my family's Baptist however I don't really care for Chrisitanity or even God very much. They most naturally assume or consider me Baptist. Some countries even have laws about these kind of things. So if someone's family is Christian and they convert to Islam wouldn't they be Muslim. I know this sounds strange but this is actually a big issue in other places.
    I know how that goes. Everyone in my family is Christian. I happen to be Agnostic. It's been that way for years now. I'm kinda like the black sheep of my family, but they don't love me any less. And, no family should disregard their relatives just because they have different beliefs.

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

Mmmm. Everyone in my immediate family is Christian, and almost everyone in my extended family is Christian as well (those that aren't are Buddhists). I don't believe in forcing people to convert to a particular religion, but I do want as many people as possible to be saved, so it *should* be understandable that I should get upset if I have non-Christian family members or close friends, and want to convert them.

Otaku Avatar theif#1 may be famous one day Avatar theif#1 may be famous one day Avatar theif#1's Avatar
    Thanks

ever one in my family are Christian but i myself say what ever i think if theres a god out there he doesn't need me reading his book like its the only one and going to his "house" like hes got something new there every time or thanking him for everything out loud im sure he already knows thats why he's god

Do to others as you see fit

Otaku rksamurai may be famous one day rksamurai may be famous one day rksamurai's Avatar
    Thanks

I am my family's religion. I believe in it.. some of my friends like one that I know went all crazy with her religion. Like she became all these witch craft and zodiac type religions and it was really interesting. Like if I have a question about something on the zodiac I go to her for information by which I dont know. she is a really interesting person.
    Thank you Lasura!
    My lover speaks; and he says, 'Arise my beloved my beautiful one and come!' -Song of Songs 2:10

Otaku Master_badger may be famous one day Master_badger may be famous one day
    Thanks

Yes. I'm catholic like my parents, my grand-parents and so. Nobody tells me before i was crazy about my religion. Everybody needs to believe in something/someone. I meet people who believe only on material things, because we don't know exactly what happend after dead. So, they need to believe in money and material things 'cuz when they dead don't carry anything to "the other side". That's their opinion. I'm happy with my religion. Give's me all we need to believe.
    "Knowledge is power"

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Immediate Family and here and there out there: Christian
    Spanning off further: Catholic

-_O Do I have the same religion as my family? No.
    I'm not baptist, that is, the idea that you MUST be baptized in order to go to heaven.
    (Do you believe I'm incorrect? Then you probably are talking about a different religion, because that is what Baptist is)
    Be forgiven, be loved by Christ, accept Him into your heart... all that means nothing in the end if you're not Baptized.
    But the common answer that pastors give to the "Good People who were Christians" but weren't baptized before they died: "God makes exceptions". =_= Sounds like BS avenue to me... kinda like my reports in middle school.

>_O So... no. I'm not Baptist. But according to what I believe in, I don't belong in ANY of the factions.... so... I'm a "heathen" and "blasphemer" to most Christian religions. But I don't let that get to me, they all just have a stick shoved up their...

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

hm... i'm not sure... i'm probably more in line with how my dad views God and stuff...

that it's not about what church or who you talk to or how much money you give or how nice you pretend to be or anything...

it's about how you are with God and with his people... to that end, i'm hoping i'm doing well... i like God, Jesus the H.S., all dem... it would make me very sad if they didn't like me! but i digress...

all in all, i'm most like my dad's, but it's not a religion but more a way of life...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast