+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Your car.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Your car.

Let's continue the summer series of lame threads.

Those of you that owns a car or drives one, is your car:

a) simply a tool to get you from Point A to Point B

or

b) your home away from home, a symbol of what you achieved, etc.

Now just because you choose (b) doesn't mean you're some elitist. A lot of people (especially earlier generations) would consider a car a badge of their accomplishments and that they accept nothing but the best.

Finally, the last question:

If you were ever rich enough, will you get someone to drive you or would you still drive yourself in your favorite car?

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Otaku Eria is off to a good start Eria's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Your car.

Lol I am more like A but it seems like I live in my car sometimes so it is my home away from home. I drive a Kia Apectra and it gets great gas mileage but if I was rich I would probably get a hybrid or wait to see what new kind of cars come from this oil crisis.

What about you Legend?

I'm just me.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Eria View Post
    Lol I am more like A but it seems like I live in my car sometimes so it is my home away from home. I drive a Kia Apectra and it gets great gas mileage but if I was rich I would probably get a hybrid or wait to see what new kind of cars come from this oil crisis.

What about you Legend?
    For now it is definitely (a). The car I drive now ('05 Toyota Corolla) was a gift from my folks for going to college and it has great mileage. I never consider it to be MY car since I didn't pay a cent for it. So right now it is a simple tool to get me from point a to b, however that's not to say that I am thankful for a relatively new car to drive around.

I think when I get older and is financially better the answer would be (b). It doesn't have to be a crazy 60k dollar car, but got to be good and still have great mileage :P

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

To me, all kinds of transport are there for their functionality. How they look is a distant second for me.
    If I were rich enough I'd let myself be driven to places most of the time. But when I'd want to I'd do it myself. Being rich is no excuse for not learning how to drive properly.

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

Well definitely "A" for me, I mean, when I first got my drivers license and my car I was just like... cool... Yeah very anticlimactic. Don’t get me wrong, I love my car and I take good care of it but I don’t see it as a badge at all, but then again not really as tool either. It’s some where in between. I drive around in a Ford Focus that is well taken care of that I got from a friend of ours. What can I say I am a bargen hunter and in these times of gas prices the Focus was something I needed to get because I can get 30 miles to the gallon and it has a 12 gallon tank. My first car I had was a 1970 24Z. That was a bad arse car. It looked cool, had great gas millage and handled very well. But unfortunately the engine blew and to get another engine, and to pay the people to drop it in and their time and all that gets really expensive really fast. So the next car I had was a used Landrover that we already owned. I will admit, the thing was built like a tank and despite how old it was it still ran very well. The only thing I didn’t like about it was because it was a gas guzzler.
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

Otaku yinyangAio1 is off to a good start yinyangAio1's Avatar
    Thanks

For me, my truck is just a way to get from point a to b. I drive a Ford Ranger XLT and it gets good enough gas mileage. It's ok for me but I'm not basing my accomplishments on a vehicle. If I was rich and was able to buy it, I'd buy a Lamborghini and I would drive it just to climb out of the doors that lifts up! XD

oops...they saw us...*to you* Hi...you didn't just see that...

Otaku Aleister Sithis is off to a good start Aleister Sithis's Avatar
    Thanks

For me, it's both A AND B. I mean...driving is a HUGE stress reliever for me. I love it QUITE a bit. My friend Will told me while drivig before "Shane...once you learn stick-shift(Which I CAN'T stand), you'd probably be one of the greatest drivers I know."

Another thing Tim said about me "See, Shane is the designated Driver. At parties he is the one who its and watches laughing at others. Then when times come, he takes people home. He jsut drives, doesn't even have to be his car, could be a semi. He'll drive hose people home."

Now, my car also has these functions as well

Play chicken with on coming traffc
    Blair Techno and Black Metal to piss pepe off
    Piss people off
    Get kicked by my frinds (-.-'). No honestly I actually have a nice decent car, and one day after geting icked out of a Thrift Store I go to get me soe food at a party store RIGHT next to it, I come back, what do I find? A dent to where my friend Tom dropkicked my car....>/
    Home to "Lazybird". A Stufed big blue bird who lives in my bckseat, he is PRICK!

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
    Shall be lifted — nevermore!"

Newbie RacerOtaku may be famous one day RacerOtaku may be famous one day RacerOtaku's Avatar
    Thanks

For me, car #1 is "A". For errands, work etc. It's just a tool. Car #2 is "B". This one is my toy that I assembled from a pile of parts. It's the machine I escape from life's unpleasantness in.
    Last edited by RacerOtaku; Jun 11, 2008 at 06:40 PM. Reason: kant spel

"I look forward to continued immaturity followed by death" - Dave Barry
    "There's no such thing as too much power, just too little traction" - Me
    "I love sleep. It's the one place I'm safe from life and all the saddness it brings."

+ Reply to Thread