+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Your definition of "having a life"

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Your definition of "having a life"

This is a topic I stole from Maya's website (allianora). Tweak the topic a bit but credit still goes to them.

What is your definition of "having a life"??

For one thing, the general definition is people who have an active life or go out with their friends. So of course gamers, anime fans, and anything along the same lines will be deemed as "having no life". Of course, that is not true, but I still want to see what you have to say.

So three questions:

1) Do you agree with the "general" defintion of having a life? <---pretty much know the answer already

2) What's your definition of having a life?

and finally 3) Are there any group of people you believe that have "no life"?

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Otaku Cinlilly is off to a good start
    Thanks

Re: Your definition of "having a life"

1) Do you agree with the "general" defintion of having a life?
    Yesss, I do.

2) What's your definition of having a life?
    It just so happens to be the "general" definition of having a life.

and finally 3) Are there any group of people you believe that have "no life"?
    A group of people? I'm certain that there's probably one in the entire world that has no life, but I don't know of their existence. So I suppose not.

ಥ__ಥ

Otaku Aleister Sithis is off to a good start Aleister Sithis's Avatar
    Thanks

This is almost like my "GEt a life" thread asking what do people think a "Life" is.

I'll answer it with this, A life is just living. Heart, Brain, nerves. Etc. We all have a life. End of.

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
    Shall be lifted — nevermore!"

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Aleister Sithis View Post
    This is almost like my "GEt a life" thread asking what do people think a "Life" is.

I'll answer it with this, A life is just living. Heart, Brain, nerves. Etc. We all have a life. End of.
    hmmmm, didn't notice your thread. Actually it is exactly the same.

So basically you do not agree with the general definition right?? Having a heart, brain, and nerves does not mean you have a life if it's not working. Even if it is working it just means you are "alive" and not "have a life". Let's not be a semanticist now shall we?

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

This is all subjective, because when you say someone has a life or doesn't its based on what you think having a life means. So people who don't care for gamers or anime will label them as having no life, where as they will say thats not true at all.

I guess my definition of having a life would be a person who has responsibility's in their life, and is relied upon by other people(A Job, School, Taking care of their kids). Or maybe a person who gets up everyday, does something and challenges himself/herself mentally and psychically.

As for the last question, who am i to judge people to determine this? If i have to say, maybe bums on the street(the one who choose to be this way).

Otaku Aleister Sithis is off to a good start Aleister Sithis's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Legend View Post
    hmmmm, didn't notice your thread. Actually it is exactly the same.

So basically you do not agree with the general definition right?? Having a heart, brain, and nerves does not mean you have a life if it's not working. Even if it is working it just means you are "alive" and not "have a life". Let's not be a semanticist now shall we?
    I have a hatred for those who try to use "Get a life". So a "Life" to me is being alive. Otherwise, it's the whole "Social life" a "hobby". All that other BS. But yes, if the heart and brain and all that is not working, or functioning, most likely you're dead. No life. x.X' my view. So, I guess I shall be a semanticist. Simple, easy, a way to overcome the slander of people.

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
    Shall be lifted — nevermore!"

Angelic Lasura may be famous one day Lasura's Avatar
    Thanks

Well I kinda do agree with it and then again I don't... You can still "have a life" even if you don't really do much, and I really don't think that simply watching anime all day could be called "having a life", i think what gives you life is being inteligent, imaginative, loving your life and having dreams about the future.

For me being alife means also having someone to love and take care of ^^

Yes, I would say that people who sit all day playing computer games or watching tv like zombies really have no actuall life, but if it's really the only way how they have fun and stuff (I like doing nothing all day long too). There are some kids out there like that. You come in their room and try talking to them, but can get absolutely no answer- like if it was just a body @.@

My recommended fanfic: "Dreamer" by Scourge

Banned Monkey Jump Champion, Karts Champion, Stagedive Dewy Champion, Harry Potter: The Marauder`s Map Champion, Weasley Breakfast Champion, Grand Slam Shredder Champion, Moon Skate Champion, Field Goal FootBall Champion, DodgeBall Champion, Gasbag Smackdown Champion, Makai Hockey Champion, Monkey Nut Champion, The Ordinary Boys Champion, Traffic Control Champion, Roving Reporter Champion, Prawn Of The Dead Champion, Sky Fire Champion, Musical Lantern Champion, Master Qwan,s Mahjongg Champion, Master Mahjongg Champion, Mahjongg: Alchemy Champion, Flash Tiles Champion, Mahjongg 3D Champion, Mahjongg 2 Champion, Mahjongg Fast Champion, Stupid Space Shooting Race Game Champion The GunGrave of Trigun may be famous one day The GunGrave of Trigun may be famous one day
    Thanks

Having Friends a good amount going out having fun travel to differnt places just enjoying life and having a good time.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast