+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: your ethnic food

Retired frr_Vegeta may be famous one day frr_Vegeta may be famous one day frr_Vegeta's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: your ethnic food

My father, though having been born in and grown up in Norway, detests Lutefisk and even has a pin on his bag which depicts the no smoking sign with "Lutefisk" in the place of the cigarette with the caption "Just say no" under it. I've been to Norway several times and Denmark as well and so I've had many dishes from both countries. I've yet to have Lutefisk but then again I'll probably take my father's advice on it. I do enjoy Norwegian fish though, as well as their own style of meatballs, pancakes, hell even pizza while drinking some Solo or Bruce (a type of soda produced in Molde and while insanely popular in that region, unheard of and not available more than a few hundred miles from Molde) on the side. Good stuff

Moderator Fling The Cow Champion, Abba The Fox Champion deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18's Avatar
    Thanks

I already know how to cook korean food seeing how I'm mostly korean and have lived with it my whole life. Recently I've been trying to cook spanish dishes because my nephew is part spanish and seems to have taken that side of the genes.

Newbie Crash Override may be famous one day Crash Override may be famous one day Crash Override's Avatar
    Thanks

whoa awesome topic, well im from colorado so rocky mountain oysters all the way
    Im the one who walks and lives in the shadows.

Otaku venelse may be famous one day venelse may be famous one day
    Thanks

I'm a Chinese Singaporean so I often get to eat different kinds of food, Thai, Jap, Korean, Malay, Indian, Pakistani, Peranakans, and more but my personally favourite is the Korean food maybe cos I love spicy stuff heehe for my own ethnic I'm a teochew and the teochews are well-known for its porridge~ try it if you have e chance

Otaku bugsbunnyz may be famous one day bugsbunnyz may be famous one day
    Thanks

Uh, Fish and chips?
    But my father is scottish, as are most of his side of the family, so I tried Haggis, they told me it was a small little mountin animal when I first tried it, (I only found out later in life the truth ) but it's definatly a great taste to it, I think everybody should try it at least once.

My mothers side is...uhh, varied!
    Alot of German on her side so I've tried alot of weird stuff not really knowing what it was, from what I was able to find out about it, I think my favourite one was called Wienerschnitzel, strange taste.

Otaku alex1_phang3 may be famous one day alex1_phang3 may be famous one day alex1_phang3's Avatar
    Malaysia -> Sabah -> Kota Kinabalu -> Jalan Kepayan
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blue_rebel View Post
    Char kuay teow: Basically fried kuay teow (thick, flat noodles) in Chinese. You make it by frying noodles (duh), egg, taugeh (beansprouts), prawns, a bit of meat, oyster sauce and LOTS of oil. ^^;; I totally suck at making it but my sister's not bad. I don't think you'll ever NOT find a char kuay teow stall wherever you go in Malaysia.
    I'm a Chinese ( Hakka + Teochiew ), the stuff I eat(the good ones) are:

Char kuay teow: It's flat noodles fried with oyster (I like it if its fresh!), meat (chicken/pork), beansprouts, and of course the soy sauce! I like it with the sambal (chilli paste) and eat it when its still hot.

Ham Choi Cau Mui Fa Nyuk: Its made of pork and preserved vegetable. (A Hakka food).

Wat Tan Ho: Its fried noodles with egg sauce(It's got bits of meat and vegies in it.), the noodles used are Tuaran noodles (Da best in Sabah! Taht kind of a special order so you must tell the chief to use Tuaran noodles), flat noodles or Bi Hun (super fine noodles). If you like you can mix these three noodles together in one plate (again, you have to tell the chief or they'll give you the one with flat noodles if you just say Wat Ta Ho, coz the "Ho" is referring to Ho Fun, the flat noodles.)

Fried Chicken (Hakka style): If you eat this stuff you can immediatey know how good the chef was. You see, this stuff ain't coted in your everyday easy to get convinient fried chicken powders, instead it used a kind of spice powder called Um Hioung Fun (you can also find this stuff in Han Cim Piang too). If you let the powder soak the chicken too long it'll make the chicken taste gone, and if not long enough, you can't taste the powder and the powder might diffuse into the oil when you fry it. You get the point. . .

Ham Cim Piang: Look like doughnut made flat, it's got the brown spiral shaped picture made of Um Hiong Fun. It's good as dessert with tea, coffee, Tau Hue, AND MILO!

Guo Tie: It's the kind of dumpling made by first putting it on a greased pan then pour in some mixture of water and Mian Fen (the kinda powder used to make dumplings) then cover it. When it's done ou get something that's slightly crunchy but a bit soft. It's eaten with vinegar mixed with minsed garlic.

Banned mr. boondocks is off to a good start
    Thanks

my ethnic food is cous-cous because that is the native food in Ethiopia, my home-land

??* Judge and Executioner ??* White Van Man Champion, Home Run Derby Champion, Mahjongg sport Champion, Jewel Champion, The Asteroids Champion koga23 may be famous one day koga23 may be famous one day koga23's Avatar
    Thanks

my ethnic food are mostly itailian and polish foods as for they taste, great is one word to discrib them, to name i cant i have kno idea spell them
    ....Player Killer....
    ??* "There is nothing to fear but F.E.A.R. it self -(F.E.A.R) " ??*

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast