+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Your Grandparents

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

Your Grandparents

^_^ hey guys! this thread is devoted to your favorite elderlies!

you can brag about how great they were, how mean they war, what wars they were in, the pies they made, the smiles they brought or the spankings that hurt so bad!

here, or in the afterlife, Grandparents shape a part of your life, so here's your chance to show them off!

i'll gab once the conversation gets rolling~!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Abu Dhabi For This Useful Post:

Astaroth (Jan 16, 2008), lebasiara (Mar 08, 2008)

Chtonian Slayer Astaroth may be famous one day Astaroth's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Your Grandparents

I actually never met any of my grandparents...they all died before I was born......but the memories live on through my parents stories and through the pictured..........
    My grandfather was a general in WWII and he fought for the Russians and his medals still hang in my room......he is like a role model to me......
    My grandmother was a seamstress in a factory and even though she did not accomplish many great things suck as my grandfather...she is known in my family as the peacemaker and the person who you could always turn to when you are in need of help.....and I mean any kind of help........she had a big warm and kind heart.....
    It is a shame that I never met them in person......
    DO NOT MAKE ME UNLEASH MY INNER DEMON

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

^_^ aw~! they sound sweet and superb! be very proud of them and their life!

my Grandad was an army cook in WWII, he cooked for the guys building the Alaskan road way! when they ran low on stocks, he would go out and hunt and cook what they killed. he could make a Thanksgiving dinner blindfolded and one hand tied behind his back! atleast that's what my dad said! he was a grouch, and wasn't very touchy feely; but there was always a warm pot of stew on the stove when you got home! he's almost 94 now, and "lives" in a convelescent home... =_= one of the worst place to be! there's his wife, my Grandma, but i have only met her once becuz they were divorced. she's a really nice lady and a great nurse who really took care of people. she was one of the first LVNs in the state! meaning, she was higher then a registered nurse, almost a doctor! she would lie constantly though, and she always thought "the grass is greener on the other side".

on my mom's side... well, i never met my Grandad, becuz he passed away in '94... that, and he lived in Guatemala... and my mom never really talked about him. My Grandma lives with us, and she is crazy! she snoops through everything, walks around the house at all hours, washes dishes with dirty rags and puts dirty rags on the stove... which doesn't help the fact that i can't speak Spanish! so it doesn't help when she asks me the same question every 15 minutes! ^_^ i know i should be nicer, and i try to be, but i didn't get a chance to know my Grandma as a person... and (again) my mom doesn't really talk about it, so i have no way of knowing. but, my Grandma did have 5 children and 3 husbands, so she must have accomplished something great!

Messenger of Despair Hive Hero Champion dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman's Avatar
    Thanks

Mine, in my opinion, is rather tragic. Both of my Grandfathers died at an early age and never got the chance to meet me. They were both in their 50's. Both of my parents have said before that they were kind and would have loved me like a son or something of the likes. Now for my Grandmothers....both are alive, but one of them (my mother's side) has Alzheimers Disease and is currently in a medical Facility where I fear she will live until her end comes. Because of what happened to her, and among other things, all of my family on that side is fighting over the property of her house and land. It's really stressful, as even I'm part of the will. She really loves me. Now, the other one (Father's side) has no disabilties, save for having a hearing aid, but Smokes. To be perfectly honest...I'm so suprised she's lived so long to this day. She'll be 81 soon. So yeah. That's my grandparents for 'ya.
    http://www.animeonline.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=7987&dateline=1181515  689
    I won't let this world exist without me! If I die, we all die! / Avatar & Signature by anime_8000.

Otaku Aleister Sithis is off to a good start Aleister Sithis's Avatar
    Thanks

I can honestly say I love my grandparents. They are amazing and funny. My grandpa is like...Bill Cosby only...white. And my grandma is EXTREMELY nice.

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
    Shall be lifted — nevermore!"

Devoted Otaku bratling may be famous one day bratling's Avatar
    Thanks

I never met my fathers mother. She died the year or the year after I was born... I think. I have no idea really. All I know is my mother wanted to take me over one day when she ran into my uncle at the bus stop and he told her she'd died.
    My fathers father is a man that he doesn't wish to know or have any contact with so I wouldn't have had a way to know him if I had wanted to. From what I hear, I didn't want to.
    But my mothers parents are my life. They are the people I can always go to if I need help or support. Like my parents but better. Because my mother has a habit of throwing tantrums and taking her stress out on me. Yay scapegoats. Anyways. They raised me and they're fantastic albeit imperfect people.
    My grandma was a house wife first and an RN second. She kept home clean as hell and it was tastefully decorated. That was her thing, home decor. And she's good at it too. She liked Billy Ray Cyrus (gag me with a spoon) and sang REALLY loud whenever he was on the radio. She bakes, a lot. Even though she's anal as heck about her weight. (she once cut fat ENTIRELY out of her diet and ended up in the hospital. That was a healthy example to set.) She loves to feed people. That's her problem solving method (probably how I ended up weighing 360 pounds by eighteen.) But she makes sure that I know she ALWAYS loves me and will always help me if I need her that she will always be there. No matter what. She is a hospice nurse and it brings out the most caring and respectful side of her. And she's a fantastic nurse. She can't cook worth a damn though. Everything gets cooked to hell and she doesn't eat salt. God.
    My grandfather is the best man I know to date. He raised and supported not only his own family and wife, but his grand daughters as well. He's always tried his hardest to be an honest upstanding person and be morally sound. He's a Freemason and a Shriner. And he owned his own sewing machine repair shop most of my life and well before that. He was in the Korean war for communications. He's a miracle. He had rheumatic fever when he was a child and was expected to die, but he pulled through. He got in to a car accident, and broke his neck, and yet was more worried about his friend who was obviously going to die, his scalp had been pealed back off most of his head and he was obviously in shock, and he crawled over to him and talked to him until someone else got there, despite the broken neck. And he didn't die then either. When the cabin pressure dropped in the plain he was in in the war and his ear drums popped and he was bleeding from the ears, he didn't hardly falter loosing his hearing. He learned to compensate by reading lips. He refused for AGES to get a hearing aid. Until he started loosing his sight, and then some even. He's had two double bypass heart surgery's or whatever they're called and lived through both surgery's with no complications. And he had the more difficult of the two done first. He's always been a little stingy and tight with money but that comes from growing up poor in the depression in a little Podunk town in north Dakota made up of Germans. But he's always provided enough for his family and he always bought my grandmother just about any house she wanted in the end. He's helpped me, in my adult life, to the tune of some six hundred dollars over the years and that's not counting all the gift and just because money he's given me.
    My grandparents, more then my mother or father could ever be, are my support system. My security blanket and the people I long for when I feel lost and scared. Their approval means more to me then ANYONE else's and I'm going to stop now before I start bawling or something.

You never really loved me/You never really cared/It was all just a game to boost your ego/Those feelings never really there/ I'm filing emotional bankruptcy/My heart can take no more debt/Theres no more "money" there to spend. === Besides tee hee SHE loves me!

Otaku Evol may be famous one day Evol may be famous one day Evol's Avatar
    Thanks

As far as grandparents go I only knew my grandfather on my fathers's side. My Korean grandmother wanted nothing to do with me since I wasn't full blooded, talk about old school ^_^;

the rest passed away before I was a thought.

Grandpa taught me about respecting a lady, how cheese is made, how to cuss in Italian, baseball, how to lose at chess....the list goes on. You know, all those silly things in life that only your old folks should teach you.

Otaku Arukih may be famous one day Arukih may be famous one day Arukih's Avatar
    Thanks

my grandparents(both man) were jews, they had to run away from Portugal to Africa because the Inquisition were killing all jews that time... and they lived there till the ends of their lifes... the others grandparents(both woman) were born and rise in Africa "nice lady they were" my mother says so, but i never met them...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast