+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Your Grandparents

Otaku SweetCandy is off to a good start
    Thanks

Re: Your Grandparents

I love my grandparents(Nana and Papa--they want thier grandchildren to call them this cause they feel that they are to young to be called grandparents.lol)..I veiw tham a one second parents. (but greater lol)
    But they have always been there for me.^.^

My grandpap..looks like a big mean guy ..who likes to chop wood,,stay in his garden..and always stay on the couch to watch t.v (animal channel)with pork rings in mouth..HaHa.. but really he's this soft gentle guy..but he never shows that he cares about anything or anybody..heh Yup that's my PaPa..^.^

My grandmom -Nana..is the sweetest thing..she is always teachin me something..that will benefit me in the future..she is currently teachin me how to cook,and sew..lol. She always has something wise to said..I really look up to her..^.^

Newbie TealGreenFrog is off to a good start TealGreenFrog's Avatar
    Thanks

I had the benefit of having my great grandparents and grandparents from my father’s side in my life while I grew up. For the most part and every summer break, our family would visit them (they lived on opposite sides of a small town) no matter where we were living in the country at the time. They were farmers. They all lived through the Great Depression era. (They are all deceased now) My grandfather was in the military during WWII but would not talk about it. To my understanding he was in the Battle of the Bulge. I figure since they were a part of my life then they deserve my love and respect. As to my mother’s side, they did not want to be a part of our life so their names will go on the biological family tree and that’s it.

My great grandmother made the biggest pancakes I have ever seen and have not seen since. They were always cooked right. She could flip them, still to this day (even watching her do it) I do not know how she did it. I sure can’t duplicate it. She considered silver dollar pancakes to be what others would consider normal size.

They use to travel across country and collect matches that advertised from the hotels they visited. (They did not smoke) I had no idea so many hotels used to do this. They would let me play on the piano and I can’t play.
    We would cut wood from the farm so my grandparents would have heat in the winter. For the longest time, wood burning furnace was their only source of heat. We would take care of the cows, fix and maintain things around, go to auctions. After a hard week, we would go to the ice cream shop and pick out our favorite. It was the only place that I would be able to get Superman ice cream (the kind that has Blue Moon in it) not the sherbet kind. We would stack hay, paint barns, play in the creek or rebuild fence.

The one thing that I do not miss is watching Heehaw in the evenings when we ate supper. Grandpa thought this show was a hoot. It was laborious for me but it was what he liked. They did not have cable, just rabbit ears, so the best thing to do is read or sleep before another day and wake up to start the day again. Grandma would make the biggest meals and she loved yard sales.
    TealGreenFrog

"Don't look back. If you got something to do, then only look forward." - Kurogane ( RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE)

Otaku LEtters Champion, PopWord Champion, Alphabet Soup Champion, Baby Destruction Champion bellocanlver is off to a good start
    Thanks

the only grandparent i knew the most and loved the most was my grandfather in my mother's side. He died Dec. 22nd 2005, i still miss him. He use to babysit my brothers and me. He was always there for me..
    Temari is so Cool

abc
    Newbie abc is off to a good start abc's Avatar
    Thanks

my granparents mean the world to me
    they took care of me when i was born i have sooo many wonderful childhood memories of my grand father who passed away 4 yrs ago
    when i was little i would rub his bald head and sing him songs and dance for him. then he would give me allowance money
    And he was such a good cook OMG
    And when he was asleep i would crawl in his arms and let him hold me
    i was devasted when he passed away, but i know he's in a better place
    And my grandma, shes still alive (thank goodness) and i have endless memories of her for example she taught me a song in patois her native language in greanda.

Teddy Bear =^_^= Bean Hunter Champion Frozen Rose may be famous one day Frozen Rose's Avatar
    Thanks

i only know and i have see is my grandfather he died in 2003 i think i loved him so much and when i heard that he has died i shucked ..... and i know my grandmother from a picture only .... =^_^=
    http://www.animeonline.net/avatars/frozen-rose-62446.gif?type=sigpic&dateline=1230225100
    My Dreams Become Like The Rainbow
    Love Like the Wind You Can't See It But You Can Feel It

Newbie dustin scott is off to a good start dustin scott's Avatar
    Thanks

wow... i have a lot of grandparents to remember... most are still alive but my great grandparents are not anymore.my great grandma smith (i never learned her full name) used to make me icecream when i was little and it was cold out. that was her cureall. no matter what happened she could give me a bowl of ice cream and i'd smile and be happy. she saved me from getting frostbite too.

my grandma pat is still alive but yea... i remember the time i was standing in an ant pile and didn't realize it until i was being bitten by hundreds of ants... that hurt and i was so scared i started to cry (i was like 4 when this happened) so she came out and saw me standing in the ants crying and told me to get out of them and brush them off me and come into the house so she could take care of them but i was too afraid to move cause it hurt. then she started yellin at me and she literally had to spank me out fo the ants and she ended up breaking a blood vessel in her hand. but after all was said and done and my legs looked horribly mangled i was alright cause she made me some cake and ice cream after dinner and yea... if you can't tell yet im a sucker for food.

other than that... well my grandma eileen(i dont know how to spell her name... i just call her grandma lol.) is about the sweetest grandma in the world so yea. love her to death.
    It seems to me,that if you or i must choose between two courses of thought or action, we should remember our dying, and try so to live, that our death brings no pleasure on the world.
    - jhon steinbeck

NalaMidnight Eggs Champion P.R. Princess may be famous one day P.R. Princess may be famous one day P.R. Princess's Avatar
    Thanks

OMG! YES I HAVE AWSOME GRANDPARENTS!
    well at least on my moms side. XD
    cause they have like shaped the way i look at life and they have taught my so much and have given me the chance to experience so many things that i doubt i would have ever been able to do if it wasn't for them.

for example my grandpa he has taught my how to canoe and kayak and rock climb and white water raft.
    my grandma she has taught my alot about life. she helps me when i have problems and understands how i feel. i dont know what i would do without eaither of them.
    and i do get alot of my personality from my grandpa like my stubborn side. XD
    but yea they have also taken me to places that i will cherish like Canada and England.
    and they have opend my eyes to soo much culture and how the world is and stuff. so i owe them a lot.

so yea i think i have awsome grandparents. ^^

~Falling in love one step at a time~
    ~ MYSPACE~AWESOME PLACE TO SAVE~

Otaku Yasmine may be famous one day Yasmine may be famous one day Yasmine's Avatar
    Thanks

Dad's side:

I only have one Grandma left ^_^, which is an old, most loving and caring person in the world. She lives in Vietnam though, so I only see her once in a couple of years. But she did raise my first few years, when I was like... very tiny and young <3.

My Grandpa who married this woman... I never met him. He's my father's dad, but well... They got divorced at young age, so I never met him. Just found out he died a couple of years ago.

Mom's side:

My other Grandma who lived in the states, died a couple of years ago. I loved her a lot and so did my mom. She was a strict and bitchy kindoff woman, but she was reasonable and in some kind of way loving ^_~. Anyway, I saw her "die" so it was an painful experience, but she was a cool Gma. I miss her.

My Grandpa who married this woman died when I was two. Can't remember him very well, but I know I met him back then in the states. He was the most loving person on the earth, my mom said... I wish I could've talked to him a little bit more. But I know he was a great man =3.

|| I forgot that I might see so many beautiful things - Dreamvisions ||

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast