+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Your Grandparents

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Your Grandparents

My paternal granddad died waaaayy before I was born, so I never got to meet him, but my dad tells me he was an amazing guy (yeah, most dads are amazing). He was a hard worker, he loved singing and playing the piano, and he was extremely strict... which probably explains why my dad's so strict with me too. His wife, my grandma, is a great cook, and she's a bit of a gossip, which I find annoying, but she's a good woman. She's very religious, and she LOVES kids. She was ecstatic when my cousin's son was born... must be nice being a great-grandma. Back during the Japanese occupation of Malaya she served as a nurse (I think she was 16 or 17 then?) but she retired from the service early because she was scared of the Japanese. Apparently a few of her fellow staff nurses were raped, and she was so terrified she stopped working at the hospital.

Maternal grandparents - both great people too, but until 3 years ago they lived in a different state, so I only ever saw them when my family went to visit over Chinese New Year break. Unlike my dad's parents, who were born in Malaysia, my mom's parents came to Malaysia from China, so they're very traditional. They speak Chinese most of the time, though Granddad (who passed away from liver cancer 2 years ago) spoke excellent English - he was a scholar back in China, and he studied many foreign languages, and he ran away to Malaysia during the time when Mao ordered the killing of Chinese scholars and Party members. He was a Dato' (kind of like the Malay equivalent of a knighthood), a real bigshot back in his day, and he knew a lot of people, lived in a big house, etc. I loved visiting during CNY. Now his wife doesn't live in that house anymore, since Granddad's passed away and all their kids are down in the big city. It's kind of sad, really.

Newbie Sesshy0 is off to a good start Sesshy0's Avatar
    Thanks

Hm.My grandparents..-thinks-
    Well for one,my grandparents do mean the world to me.
    But at times i hate them,they argue and constant nag at eachother.
    And when its not either of them,they blame me for there nonsense.Argue at me like i dont belong to them.
    So totally i'd have mixed emotions on that.
    "Calling your name, kill me with words.
    Forget about me, it's what I deserve.
    I was your chance out of your town."

Learn, live, laugh, GROW 5 Card Draw Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Long Jump Champion, Collapse Champion, BALLZ! Champion, Rotamania Champion, Rotations Champion, Hishi Champion, Domino Pressure Champion, Fun_game1 Champion, Road Blocks Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Cloud Breakout Champion lebasiara may be famous one day lebasiara's Avatar
    Thanks

My granny and my pa... they are the wisdom walking. i mean whenever my pa didn't have Alhezimer. he was sweet and tough at the same time. My granny is a worker and tender lady. From them I can recall the best cunseling in my life.
    I love my parents and everything but my grandparents have a very special place in my life.
    From my granny I can recall this: whenever I got to her house she always got something to say to me, a counsel or a comments about anything that I was doing good or bad. Of course I loved when she talk tome about the good things she liked. The bad were just not my favorites ones; but I would take it a lot better whenever it came from my granny... I don't know why. I will discover that someday... ^_^
    Nothing less from Pyro ^_^ Great Sig ^_^ THANK YOU!!!!
    C:\Documents and Settings\MARA\My Documents\My Pictures\Anime room\sigs\music_sig1 mia ^_^.jpg
    "show me.... THE BEAST!!!" The Beauty and the Beast movie

Newbie kyzr is off to a good start kyzr's Avatar
    Thanks

I looove my grandparents!

Big Mom and Big Dad. Not Nana and Papa, or Gram and Gramp... I'm not sure how that started, but it stuck with my older sisters, and I just went with it.

Big Dad gave me tomatoes and made the perfect eggs. He called me "Pumpkinhead" and made me yell at him... then, I think it was an aneurysm?... and he died. But he was wonderful.

Big Mom is amazing. I found a beehive once, and I decided I was going to start a school, to teach the bees... [I was one of those kids]. So, she helped me make little tiny bee books, and found me some little bee chairs... I'm sure she had better things to do. ^^

They fed me too many sweets, and I had some cavity issues as a child... but it was worth it.

[Draw me a sheep!]

★~Ao's Irish Fariy ~★ equinn may be famous one day equinn may be famous one day equinn's Avatar
    Thanks

i never met my granny on my mums side she died before i was born...

but my granddad on my mums said died like 2-3 years ago on my sisters b/day witch wasn't good but i miss him soo much i would have drive down with my mum a lot just to see him.
    he asked to see my sister the day he died... (he asked the night before)

in some of my pics u will see im wearing a gold chain ( cross and 2 st christopher's)
    i got one of them from him my cross from my aunt and my other one from my mum...

my grand perents on my dads side are still living ^^
    my granny can make the BEST soda bread!!! OMG!!!
    shes good at everything!! she still works at 75 ^^ lol
    and my granddad OMG hes cool too hes a good gradener and all hes cool he helps us all a lot if theres anything wrong hes straight over to see ^^

§-Breakdown-§ Breakout Champion, Bubble Popper Champion Akura13 may be famous one day Akura13's Avatar
    Thanks

Ah, I remember my grandparents very well. I always used to go to their house and they'd help me with my problems and were there for me when I needed them most! Then one day, I was particulary upset about something, and my grandma gave me a silver chain with a dragon on it, her knowing that I love dragons. I still where it to this day, and I don't plan in taking it off any time soon. It helps me to remember them and how awsome they were! ^^

Phantasmagoria Lives On In The Hearts Of Their Fans, Japanese AND English!
    "Because it's okay to hide your tears." - LM.C (Lovely Mocochang)

Otaku FallenSpiral may be famous one day FallenSpiral may be famous one day FallenSpiral's Avatar
    Thanks

I currently live with my Grandparents... they pretty much bailed me out of having to pay bills; ha-ha! ... I got tired of paying them... and now I live here..... sigh..

My grandma drives me nuts... she's always saying.. "I wish you would..." god... its annoying
    --//Nothing Ventured, Nothing Gained\\--

Newbie amatsubu is off to a good start amatsubu's Avatar
    In the most corrupt, and scheming boarding school ever...cause my parents hate me v.v
    Thanks

well...a lot of people judge me for this and call me a nazi so plz don't it hurts you know v.v but my grandma (on my mom's side) lived in germany when she was a little girl and she was also a member of hitler's youth so yeah my grandma was a nazi >>;

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3