+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Your Life After Retirement

Newbie Gamakichi331 is off to a good start Gamakichi331's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Your Life After Retirement

well me... my vision of retirement will be still being active because of my ADHD. my profetion in life that i want is game desighner so i bet my work will be injoyable. so when i retire i'll probably have a bunch of hobbies.. so yeah thats what i will want in my life.
    revenge brings only destruction of your self

Zev
    SuperModZilla Zev is making a name for themselves Zev is making a name for themselves Zev's Avatar
    Thanks

[1]How do you plan on spending time in your golden years? Hobbies, activities, and such.

I plan on cooking and watching t.v. Yeah, am going to be an old happy couch potato.

[2] What's your preferred retirement destination? And why that particular location?

California, its warm and sunny most of the time. My Grandma lives in a nice little old person community and its awesome, so I plan to go there someday.

Signature is a Gwenibe original.

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

Retirement for me is when you finish work :P

and I'm going to do the typical old person Aussie thing and travel around Australia in a caravan! I think it's an awesome idea, so jealous when I see them out on the road, it's kind of an impossible thing to do now (uni, work, life in general :P), so retirement I guess would be a good time!

Otaku Brandon Grave Heat is off to a good start
    Thanks

I plan to finish all of my boards and my anime collection and comic book collection.

But really I am worried about when I get old with jobs going away and heath care going down or rather drying up and what about Social seruirty and/ or Disabilty for our genertion

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

[1] How do you plan on spending time in your golden years? Hobbies, activities, and such.

I don't really plan on retiring. If I have a job doing what I love, that's my hobby.

If I don't have that job, then it's my side-distraction as I continue my hobby.

But if I were to retire (it's not completely out of the picture, just off at the side): Then I'd work on independent game projects, I'd probably go back into learning how to work a synthesizer, I'd probably go back into physical training, and I'd most likely just keep doing what I do now: Play video games, read books, and go on dates.

But who's to say that I can't do those things now?

If you can plan a budget, schedule your time correctly, and know how to transfer responsibilities around: You can do everything you wanted to now, retirement or no retirement.

[2] What's your preferred retirement destination? And why that particular location?

...here in SoCal. I love this place. People are diverse enough here that you can get tons of different stories and reactions out of all of them. They might have formed "segregated" towns and neighborhoods, but we all have one thing in common: We like it here.

I'd definitely go out and travel, but I'd prefer it if my home were here.

[3] What is your personal definition of retirement?

That thing where you gather all your money and quit working and just livin' da vida loca.

[4] If you hope to pursue a part-time job in your retirement years, what will that be and why that line of work?

Probably help out independent game developers. I like a good number of them kids out there, I'd love to help them with their dreams.

If not, probably some small time thing...... like a hot dog stand.
    Hot dogs ARE good.
    And if placed in the proper location during the right times: Stands make a lot of money.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2