+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Religion?

Newbie Uujille is just another face in the crowd Uujille's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Your Religion?

Quote Originally Posted by ketaro View Post
    Well, i was baptized Catholic, so yeah i am a Catholic guy. I don't go to church because salvation can be obtained in many ways. Most Catholics think that by going to church every freaking Sunday salvation can be achieved. I stopped going to church five years ago because every time i went there i would feel uncomfortable, i guess the Holy places don't like me at all.

I am an open minded Catholic person. I don't care whether you are gay or lesbian because God loves us all no matter what you are. I get upset when religious fanatics discriminate because they are gay or lesbian. I think these type of fanatics will burn in hell for being a bunch of idiots.
    I agree... We're in the same situation, and religion!! You know i did'nt really go to churches too cause i find it boring! I can almost sleep in the church cause the priest is so talkative! Oops! hehehe... Sorry But yeah that's true! I stop going to church 2 years ago.. And i could only hear mass in our school because we have a subject in PRAYING and more about the religion! I almost forgotten the prayers i used to pray before! But i remember them in english language! When i use our language i really cant remember it! But beside i still have respect to god! Cause like you said, He loves us all even your gender is what-so-ever! I'm also getting mad when other religions are not respecting our religion! And the time i still go to church... I did'nt go every sunday only cause the sister there was assigning each of us to go to this day or something! Well thats all! It means... Uhh... I dunno! I dont really get it Hmp Duh.. Whatever! Straight to the point IM A PROUD CATHOLIC! hehehe..

ayu
    Devoted Otaku ayu is off to a good start ayu's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm a christian. Born again. At first, I was so happy that I joined a ministry. Dance. But then, after a few months, I grew tired of it. I dunno why. Maybe because, I was addicted to the Net too much? Or because I'm not having my devotion? Whatever. I started hating attending rehearsals also leading the dance choreos. I started hating everything. But one time, it became a problem to me. I went to my classmate's house that day. I was so confused. My heart ached and everything. I felt guilt. The day after that was Sunday. So, I went leading again. Everyone was surprised to see me there. They were like, "Hey Rose! What happened to you?". Then I thought, someone missed me? I laughed at myself. Then, when I danced again, I was so happy. I feel like I'm with God again.

And you know what, I think that God challenged me this. And I'm proud that I made it. Being a christian is hard. So many challenges, so little time. But still, I love God so much and I'm glad I met him. I'm proud being God's servant. ^^

Otaku Aleister Sithis is off to a good start Aleister Sithis's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post
    Hate is a strong word. I'd understand if you said you disagree with those views, but hate? Wow! What did the Christians do to you? >_< Maybe it's just the Satanism kickin' in, LOL. *Humor*

Anywho, to answer your question: I don't really have a religion. I chose to be more of a spiritual man. I DO believe there is a God, a supreme being that created this universe and all life that's in it, but I don't believe in most Christian views. I DO believe in reincarnation and energy transfer. If you die, you are born in to something/someone else and that process continues until the end of days. I DO agree with most religious morals--y'know, repspect your fellow man and all that rot--but I don't go to church, I don't pray--I meditate--I read books on focusing Chi and how to live a life in peace. I try to be one with myself and my surroundings, because in order to be one with the Gods, you must be one with yourself and the universe.

I was raised in a church, grew up as a Christian--most of my family is still Christian--but I don't agree with certain views in the bible and I don't agree with messages that are preached but never practiced. So I gave up "the faith" for my own spiritual development.
    Lol, I like that joke in the beginning, excetp saying hate is a strong word....it's just a strong feeling. Lol

but it's nice to see those who've posted have self-respect to NOT attack others. Congratz, I'd hug you all, but then I'd be draining your life force, NOT metaporically (Inside joke...sorry.)

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
    Shall be lifted — nevermore!"

Angelic Lasura may be famous one day Lasura's Avatar
    Thanks

Well... Most people need religion to get through life, to have something to grab hold of when something bad happends. I sure need it, I feel good when I can pray and think that someone is listening. I mean- I can tell everything to god since he actually knows everything. And there really is a nice feeling when I pray. My believe is like my love- I don't know if it really exists, but I don't really care if it's just an illusion, because I love how it feels.

Well... I'm a Christian, a Lutheran, but I carry a... I don't even know what kind of a crucifix I'm carrying But I found it in my room and... I've been wearing it ever since. But I am a very unordinary Christian, because... well I have never read the bible and so on... I believe there is one god the only thing that is different is how we pray to him and no one can say what is the best way to pray...

My recommended fanfic: "Dreamer" by Scourge

Newbie SnoReaper is off to a good start SnoReaper's Avatar
    Thanks

Smile Re: Your Religion?

hey, im also catholic !!! but to me there is not really a devil!!! i actually think it just something to make us act all goody to shoes!!!

i believe there is some1 that watches over us , but i dont believe there is a heaven and hell!!!! once again i think all that stuff is just to make you scared of doing somethins bad!!!

but thats just me

Otaku OfeliasFire is off to a good start OfeliasFire's Avatar
    Thanks

As of this point in time I pledge being a self discoverer.
    Why you may ask?
    My whole life religion has seemed like one of those things that's just there...it was never anything important to me. As I grew older I became more curious about it. My parents raised me to be christian, to believe in god, to pray for things. I did for awhile, but I never felt anything. In church I never feel anything...I don't feel like standing up and saying PRAISE JESUS CHRIST and PRAISE THE LORD. My whole life I've always said "I wish," or "I hope." I've never said once in my entire life I pray. Believe it or not...it's true. I don't understand many things in the bible...the things I do understand...many of them are hypocritical and plainly I would consider, in my opinion, stupid and not right. I will admit that something are right and justly. Religion is something I have yet to find...I've been searching for it for years and have yet to find it. Maybe I'll find it when people stop blowing up houses and making orphans of innocent kids( lyric from a song I like). Maybe god will do something someday if he is real. I don't know what is watching over us and taking care of us...all I know is that he or she needs to do a better job, or rather we ourselves need to do a better job. and I would be glad if someone can prove me wrong, can prove to me that god does exist, because, damn...I sure am tired of searching. If anyone has any ideas or opinions they would like to share with me...be my guest!

Overall I think I am good person and that you don't have to be christian, buddist, catholic, penecostal, wiccan, pagan, or whatever to be a good person.

I also really wish people who quit blaming every bad thing that happens on satan. How do we know that he is the one who is causing everything bad to happen? How do we know he is even real?
    Dear Dinah...

Chtonian Slayer Astaroth may be famous one day Astaroth's Avatar
    Thanks

I am not a very religious person......even though my parents want me to be........they think that just because I do not go to church or synagogue....i will suffer and go to hell......which sounds so ridiculous to me
    i was the type of child that my parents would literally drag me to church and meanwhile i would ask them.......mom, how do you know that there is a God.........or how do you know that it is a he and not a she......
    I have nothing against religion.....it's just does not suit my lifestyle
    DO NOT MAKE ME UNLEASH MY INNER DEMON

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Aleister Sithis View Post
    I'm PRETTY sure this has been made already, BUT I'm new, and I'm curious. Of course some of you will lack the self-respect and respect to not attack others on their views. But try your best to NOT be human, just read their thoughts, if it goes against your own, deal with it. Don't cry and attack them...though it's kinda stupid to try and tell humans to NOT attack others for their views oh well. Here I go. Also side note: I posted it in here, because I don't want this as a debate or want "Confrontation" just a way to say your thoughts.

What's your religion, or philisophical view?

I guess I'll start. I don't have a religion, to me it'd make me a conformist. I dis-like religion, I hate it. And I REALLY hate the ideal there is a god, the all-mighty creator. I can't stand it, but I have to, and yes I hate the Bible, and Christian ideals, but that's me (I'm not attacking anyone, I'm just saying my view). If anything I'm a mix of Zen Buddhism, Philisophical Satanism, and LaVeyan Satanism, I however CAN'T call LaVeyan Satanism a religion. Sure it gives out standards, but ti's more so like Zen Buddhism, ALMOST by meanng you give you stand, end of. To continue my pathetic rant, I view us just as balls of energy, and there IS a energy flowing ALL around us 9Magick, "The Force", whatever). And I conclude that it CAN be manipulated to OUR will. And once we die, our inner energy comes to be with one with the one flowing all over. I guess you ca say I tink there IS reincarnation, I just say that at times the Energy will stray off, and enter a vacant object in the "Material Realm". Yet sometimes at death the Energy does NOT join the giant flow, that's my definition to why there are ghosts, lol.

Now for more, I basically say, indulge in your strongest feeling. Weather it be lust, love, hate, sloth, (Emotions + human nature A.K.A "Seven Deadly Sins"). All of that, yet I further contradict myself by hating humans. Mainly for we are ignorant and contradict ourselves, lol (Ouh I AM pathetic). et I also say seek Self Gratification your own way, thus where I say hav eyour freedom of religion, even IF that happiness is by worshipping a diety whom is the image of the "Perfect Human". More so I do view as "God" as the image for the "Perfect Human", which I believe, well know is impossible to acheive, and to me Satan is just a symbol of humanity. I'm sure you wonder WHY I say "Hail Satan". It's hard for me to really explain. In a way you CAN say Satan is part of us, but Satan is just a word, more so like everything ese. It's the connection that matters. The connection of the Word Satan, is well, linked to Human Nature. And to me, Human Nature, human instinct is a way of happiness, so I say "Hail Satan" in a way of saying "Hail us" Even though I AM Misanthropic, and completely contradict myself.

And that's kinda it...hey...I did that without really attacking others religion9for once....) especially Christianity, I am proud of myself.
    If you believe in Satan then doesn't that automatically make you believe in God? And if Satan is just a word then God is just a word as well isn't it?

Also, Buddhism might not have started out as a religion worshiping a God it surely transformed into one not much later.

Not to mention that most of the stuff you talk about is from the bible. Which is just be a work of fiction if you don't believe in God.

I think I understand why you say you contradict yourself a lot.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast