+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Your Religion?

Otaku Frisbee Throwing Champion, Yeti 1 Greece Champion Billum256 is off to a good start Billum256's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Your Religion?

My religion is Christianity. I gre up in a Morman church(and nobody argue that its christain I would know). I left the church and went atheist for a few years only to be pulled back by goods grace and joing a christian church known as the church of chirst.
    98% of AO members are yaoi or lollicon fans. If you are part of the 2% that are not, copy and paste this into your sig

Sig By Me
    "We're all sinners in the hands of the loving God"

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ketaro View Post
    Its funny that Protestant believe that Catholics have strayed from Christ's teachings because Catholics think that Protestants are the ones that have strayed from the teachings of Christ.
    I believe it is more a matter that the Catholics believe they have the authority and the Protestants don't. Which is silly when everyone knows that we have it instead.

Yes, they are simple basic differences of opinion and you are right that the most important part should be living a Christlike life. Hating anyone is definitely straying from that.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Messenger of Despair Hive Hero Champion dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman's Avatar
    Thanks

I was born a Christian, baptized a Christian and I'll always be one because of this. There was once a time when I had doubted this, because it's like being forced upon something that i have no say in, Which I strongly dislike...Though I have a complete faith in a "God" in heaven and that I believe he controls all of us. Basically nowadays I have an unbreakable faith. Even if my life sucks and there's "no hope" I'd still believe that's what god wants with me. He can control everything.
    http://www.animeonline.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=7987&dateline=1181515  689
    I won't let this world exist without me! If I die, we all die! / Avatar & Signature by anime_8000.

My Entity Is Unknown anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dark angel swordsman View Post
    I was born a Christian, baptized a Christian and I'll always be one because of this. There was once a time when I had doubted this, because it's like being forced upon something that i have no say in, Which I strongly dislike...Though I have a complete faith in a "God" in heaven and that I believe he controls all of us. Basically nowadays I have an unbreakable faith. Even if my life sucks and there's "no hope" I'd still believe that's what god wants with me. He can control everything.
    Great belife, exactly like mine. And it seems you take a good approch to Christianity as well

1st Sig finished 12-20-09

Messenger of Despair Hive Hero Champion dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by anime_being_god View Post
    Great belife, exactly like mine. And it seems you take a good approch to Christianity as well
    I've learned to accept things than rather deny a high possibility of something. I have to keep a good attitude about it to keep something such as it going.
    http://www.animeonline.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=7987&dateline=1181515  689
    I won't let this world exist without me! If I die, we all die! / Avatar & Signature by anime_8000.

My Entity Is Unknown anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dark angel swordsman View Post
    I've learned to accept things than rather deny a high possibility of something. I have to keep a good attitude about it to keep something such as it going.
    yes.
    And thats what many others need to realize as well, the high possibility of such belife is something that no one can deny

1st Sig finished 12-20-09

Otaku Cruisin with crush Champion, Animal Rescue Champion abby724 is off to a good start abby724's Avatar
    Thanks

My religion? I have one? Funny, last time I checked, I was a nihilist... Yes, I am a nihilist. not a very attractive philosophy, but the reason it's so unnattractive is because it cruelly dashes one's hopes of their existence—influence, power—living on or persisting in some way after mortal death. Being a nihilist, I don't believe in an absolute definition of "good" or "evil", only how things affect oneself. Things are called "bad" because they affect one negatively... Things are "good" because they affect one positively. "Evil" and "just", strong adjectives, are labels used by large groups of people, by communities, societies. Most people agree generally on what is "definitely evil" because they're part of a group, class, society of some sort, perhaps the same one, or at least the same kind. And they consider themselves part of that group (obviously), part of a sort of organism, so thus, what is considered "moral" and "immoral" is widespread among other members of that... society. I'm not saying I'm against society, however. humans are social creatures; you can't really blame an instinct for existing, especially if it's one being encouraged in some way or form.

My beliefs contrast greatly with my relatives, though... Everyone in my extended family are devout Catholics except for mine... my dad's a bit neutral, not exactly sure on his beliefs, but he never makes us pray or anything. my mother doesn't believe in God. My brothers... They don't really care, guess they could go either way XD. And this situation really is awkward... my dad's whole family (cousins on ym father's side) are all Seventh Day Adventists... The Catholics that believe in "The Rapture" or whatever it is, and they're very, very, devoted. And then, there's the things I support, my interests... They're really at odds at pretty much all the major religions of the world. Anyone who can recognize the two chibi in my signature will be aware of one of the major "obscenities" that I so willingly accept. XD
    GALERIE : Limited Internet access for certain reasons...

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Has anyone ever stopped to think that your religion shouldn't matter, so long as one has his/her own belief and understanding that there is a god? That if one would like to be one with him/herself, god and the universe; they should strive toward being a good natured person, rather striving to be a good christian or a good buddihst, etc?

It's just a question to keep the conversation alive, don't kill me now! ^_^

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast