+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Your Religion?

Messenger of Despair Hive Hero Champion dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Your Religion?

Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post
    Has anyone ever stopped to think that your religion shouldn't matter, so long as one has his/her own belief and understanding that there is a god? That if one would like to be one with him/herself, god and the universe; they should strive toward being a good natured person, rather striving to be a good christian or a good buddihst, etc?

It's just a question to keep the conversation alive, don't kill me now! ^_^
    I don't know exactly if this is going the way you intended it to, but that's exactly how I felt once. And sometimes still today, there's thoughts like that. I'll openly and honestly admit I strongly dislike going to church, and haven't read anything from a bible since I was very young in a kid's session. I've always thought that so long as I believed in god and prayed to him or "spoke" with him every once in a while nothing else would matter. Hope that made sense. O_O;
    http://www.animeonline.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=7987&dateline=1181515  689
    I won't let this world exist without me! If I die, we all die! / Avatar & Signature by anime_8000.

Otaku Aleister Sithis is off to a good start Aleister Sithis's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by abby724 View Post
    My religion? I have one? Funny, last time I checked, I was a nihilist... Yes, I am a nihilist. not a very attractive philosophy, but the reason it's so unnattractive is because it cruelly dashes one's hopes of their existence—influence, power—living on or persisting in some way after mortal death. Being a nihilist, I don't believe in an absolute definition of "good" or "evil", only how things affect oneself. Things are called "bad" because they affect one negatively... Things are "good" because they affect one positively. "Evil" and "just", strong adjectives, are labels used by large groups of people, by communities, societies. Most people agree generally on what is "definitely evil" because they're part of a group, class, society of some sort, perhaps the same one, or at least the same kind. And they consider themselves part of that group (obviously), part of a sort of organism, so thus, what is considered "moral" and "immoral" is widespread among other members of that... society. I'm not saying I'm against society, however. humans are social creatures; you can't really blame an instinct for existing, especially if it's one being encouraged in some way or form.

My beliefs contrast greatly with my relatives, though... Everyone in my extended family are devout Catholics except for mine... my dad's a bit neutral, not exactly sure on his beliefs, but he never makes us pray or anything. my mother doesn't believe in God. My brothers... They don't really care, guess they could go either way XD. And this situation really is awkward... my dad's whole family (cousins on ym father's side) are all Seventh Day Adventists... The Catholics that believe in "The Rapture" or whatever it is, and they're very, very, devoted. And then, there's the things I support, my interests... They're really at odds at pretty much all the major religions of the world. Anyone who can recognize the two chibi in my signature will be aware of one of the major "obscenities" that I so willingly accept. XD

Nothing wrong with being a nihilist a way I agree to the thought process. To me it makes some sense, along with Satanism, and finding happiness yoru own way. It's soo hard, I am about to come to the conclusion of thinking up my own philisophy and calling it "Phil".

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
    Shall be lifted — nevermore!"

Otaku LEtters Champion, PopWord Champion, Alphabet Soup Champion, Baby Destruction Champion bellocanlver is off to a good start
    Thanks

I'm catholic and believe all the stories of God and his creations but i dont go to church and im not really that religious.
    Temari is so Cool

Decapitation?DontBePicky! Raimann may be famous one day Raimann may be famous one day Raimann's Avatar
    Thanks

ok im christian by birth, but i have some jewish blood in me, about 1/4 (coming from my grandfathers side, who was killed by the Nazi's in a incinerator.......ouch) ok so here's the deal. every sunday i go to church with my choir (we are a choir school, only one in North America....Woot!) and we sing, so i can easily say that i have a degree of faith in me. as for me paying attention....well thats different. my family is also methodist jewish, meaning that we dont have the sideburns, or have the skullcaps or have strick eating laws (yet i am circumsized, had my barmitzva, and dont eat pork on friday, and celebrate hannuka) so i can say that overall, im a pretty faithful guy. interesting to read what the others are saying too.

Want Credits Fast? Love The Thrill Of Gambling? Then Come On Down And See For Yourself!
    http://www.animeonline.net/f5/nfl-football-31440/

Rawr~ :3 Boxteroid Champion, flyplane Champion, Home Run Champion, Bubbelfutsch Champion, Fire Fighter Champion, Brendans Soccer Champion, Movie Star Match-Up Champion, Total blackout Champion, Text Your Reflexes Champion, Scary movie Champion, Hulk Smash Up Champion, Star Wars Champion, Extreme Snowboarding Champion, Air Disc Champion, Action Fish Champion, A Game Of 3 Halves Champion, Battleball Champion, Hacky Sack Champion, FAD 2003 Champion, SQRL Golf Champion, Dr Yeckyl and Mr Ride Champion, Sky Glide Champion, Flyer Champion, Finnair Champion, Drachenjagd Champion, Canyon Glider Champion, City Surfing Champion, Action Driving Game Champion, Extreme Rowing Champion, Kardahdg Champion, Acceleracers Track Mod Champion, Final Test Champion, Du Wichtel Champion, Pedal Power Champion, Camera Killer 2 Champion, Bike Mania on ICE Champion, ATV Winter Challenge Champion, Caliber Dash Champion, Diesel and Death Champion, Snow Ride Champion, Camera Killer Champion, Pepsi Jet Ski Champion, Bumper Cars Championship Champion, Drifting Champion, Get A Grip Champion, Rooney on the Rampage Champion, Death To Ninja Champion, Kung Fu Hustle 2 Champion, Muay Thai Champion, Metal Arm FAWEGE Champion, Knife Champion, Classroom Fighter Champion, Nobuyuki Forces 3 Champion, Caddeva Champion, Sewer Dweller Champion, Angel Mart Champion, Snowy Champion, Bola Champion, Boiler Room Champion, Bobcat Champion, Amazon Quest Champion, Booty Champion, Five Errors Champion, Mind Your Marbles Champion, Angel Fruit Champion, Binggrae Champion, Candy Shoot Champion, Imperial tiles Champion, Himalayaya - Yeti Strikes Back Champion, Terrorist Attack Champion, Americas Army Champion, Special Operations Champion, Destroy the robots Champion, Cubicle Warfare Champion, Battle Field Champion, Weapons Dealer Champion, Army Copter Champion, Flat War Champion, Terrorist Alert Champion, Bully Basher Champion, Reaktor Champion, Bungee Rescue Champion, The Contraptor Champion, Boris Champion, Carling Cold Champion, Paddleball Champion RayMe is making a name for themselves RayMe is making a name for themselves RayMe's Avatar
    Not somewhere I love but I am glad I have a home so far
    Thanks

I am a muslim by birth... ^^ I can't say im a very religious guy but i do what a muslim must do... and try *clears throat* to stay away from what a muslim can't do...

Islam... is a very ... well it is high with decipline (have lots of prayer and all...) and it is a very complicated religion.. We believe there is only one god and we have 25 major or important phropets.... and we must follow what's been written in the Quran...Quran is a bible with a high status literature to Arabs that till now no one can defeat what's been written in there ( and i can't read it that good.. some arabs can't too complicated @.@).. and Quran is "whole" it covers every aspect of life.... and daily rutine...

My dad... now he was a true muslim... ^^ i can't be like him i think... well maybe.. i can.. but it'll take time..

Legion Ketsueki Lives on~!!
    I'm BACK AO!
    >>>facebook<<<

Otaku Aleister Sithis is off to a good start Aleister Sithis's Avatar
    Thanks

With much thought and consideration, I've abolihesd my title as Satanist, and all those other ones used. I'm now going on to my own philosphy, that I directly know, NO ONE can follow, unless of course they share the SAME EXACT ideals as me (which I STRONGLY doubt).

That Philosphy is actually called "Sithism". Joke name "Philism". I am actually putting a description of it in my blog. So I am now my own established philosphy. It's soo much easier, and people will be like "Wha? TO WIKIPEDIA!" only to find out it's NOT there. Oh yeah, >Awesome<

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
    Shall be lifted — nevermore!"

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

^_^ i am a Christian~! as for the flavor, um... i went to a Presbyterian church for a long time, so i guess that?

i belive in Father, Son and Holy Ghost~! they love me and want what's best for me! sometimes i don't understand why things go wrong... and a lot of times, it's hard to hear them through everything, but i know they're there and that everything is going to be okay! my faith was a little weak at some points for a long time, but something clicked inside me and i feel closer to God! funny thing is, i haven't been going to church lately, and i've been getting more out of 5 minute passings of televangilists and Christmas songs then i have out of a lot of sermons!

as a basic over view... i belive that people suck, but there is a little good in everyone becuz we all have the capacity to love God. Baptisim is important, but as a way to show everyone your love for God, NOT a prequisit for getting into Heaven. i don't know where animals go when they die, but i know it's somewhere good... even if they don't have a soul, God still watches over them and makes sure good people adopt them when they can... as for the ones who are not so lucky, again, God takes care of them!

^_^ 'sabout it!

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dark angel swordsman View Post
    I don't know exactly if this is going the way you intended it to, but that's exactly how I felt once. And sometimes still today, there's thoughts like that. I'll openly and honestly admit I strongly dislike going to church, and haven't read anything from a bible since I was very young in a kid's session. I've always thought that so long as I believed in god and prayed to him or "spoke" with him every once in a while nothing else would matter. Hope that made sense. O_O;
    It makes perfect sense. Religion is just a routine. Spirituality is what truly matters. I don't view myself as a member of any religion. I don't even see myself as athiest/agnostic. I believe in the existence of God, but don't agree with most religious views/opinoions on who/what God is or was.

None of that really matters. All that matters is living life the way you believe that God intended you to. If you feel that talking to God from time to time helps you move closer to God, enlightenment or whatever, then talk it up! If you believe there is no God, then so be it. There isn't one. If you believe that as long as you respect life and live as a good natured person, then continue along that path. Walking "The Path of Righteousness" does not always mean that you should go to church, or classify yourself as a member of a religious group.

I could start my own religion today and even have followers, but what's the point? Why should I carry scriptures and read a book of books just to keep my beliefs alive? If you like having a routine, then yeah; keep practicing your faith. But as for me, all I need is positive chi and to believe that as long as I am kind, respectful and help others, I will see God on the day my soul moves from this body to the next.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast