Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Your thoughts on fighting

Newbie Blade is off to a good start Blade's Avatar
    Thanks

Your thoughts on fighting

What are your thoughts on fighting; do you like, do you not like it?...ect.

Me personly I like it. I really don't know why but to me it's fun.
    even if it starts out in anger i come out happy... weather i get the crap beat out of me or i beat it out of them.

and if youve been in (a) fight(s), What happened? if youv been in a few what was your worst one and your worst one?

my best one was about 3 months ago. this one guy that i didn't get along with jumped me. when i i got my ground and stared swinging back he just stood still and was prety much like a punchiing bag. at one pont he tryed to run away but i pulled him back and i went to step on his foot so he couldn't get away i hit his knee and his leg broke... well he went uncauntious and for some odd reason or another were good friends now. go figgure

my worst one.. i took on a guy twice my size and i got a concusion and i broke my thumb
    Last edited by Blade; Aug 13, 2008 at 05:41 PM. Reason: forgot my worst fight

Legendary Otaku Happy Pill Champion, Monkey Mayhem Champion NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Your thoughts on fighting

Well it depends on the situation. I see three.

1. Sparring- If you are good at martial arts and have a friend who is as well, sparring with him or her can make your skills better and hone both your abilities. This sort of fighting i think can be very beneficial to your physique and technique.

2. Revenge- We've all seen it. One guy kicking the crap out of another guy for messing around with his girl, or because on man wronged another in a similar manner. This i view as acceptable, but only when negotiations have failed.

3. Instigation- One person picking a fight for no other reason than sick amusement. This i find to be simply unacceptable. Fights should have a good reason or should not happen at all.

I know these are not the only ones out there, but every fight should have a reason. In the animal kingdom, all fights have a purpose. In our society, though, often times fights have no reasons and mostly end badly.

So, overall, my view on fighting, or violence in general, is that if there is a valid reason for the violence, let it run its course. If not, stop the fight.
    Why hello there!

Angsty Goth Teenager SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128's Avatar
    Thanks

Real fighting in the real world I dislike. Video game/movie fighting I like. Weird? I just don't like real people getting hurt in general.
    Sparring is okay, you're training for self-defense. Revenge, idk, depends what happened to you previously. Instigation is the biggest steaming pile of stupid. I hate it in other words.

Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Thanks

I know a few people who might disagree about what I'm going to say. But, in my old age of 25, I have grown generally non-confrontational.

However, I'm also strong willed and don't back down easily. So if you get on my bad side I show no fear.

The only time I've ever wanted to START a fight (in my adult life) is after being emotionally devestated. I mean, if someone messes with you psychologically, and you lack the tools to get at them in a psychological way.... Its hard to not want to then resort to physical retaliation.

But once again I don't condone that, I've just been in that situation. And, I could understand if someone were lacking the ability to control themselves when under emotional distress.

Other than that... I would only fight to protect myself and\or kids.
    ... Not Ever Again...

ayu
    Devoted Otaku ayu is off to a good start ayu's Avatar
    Thanks

Fighting for me, is a big no-no. Why?

1) It's immature. Especially if it's physical confrontation and verbal. They can just talk about it, right?

2) It's too pride-like for me. When boys like to pick a fight with others just to know who's stronger. Basically, it's just like number 1.

Anyways, I have been in a fight. Yesterday. But, not physical confrontation. Verbal.
    But I was only protecting myself. Anyways, I still think that fighting is a bad thing.

If I had offended anyone here, I'm sorry. I did not meant it.

Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    someplace where the only light is the moon above
    Thanks

fighting is just another way to keep those good ol cavw men instincts alive , the adrenaline rush the heavy brething the feeling you get in your stomack before they hit you its addicitve some will say they do it only to protect themselves but i think fighting can be fun and it can be bad its all in how you want to act.

for me i think fighting is stupid i mean the only good thing to come from fighting is a way to vent but thats it theres nothing great about it uunless that how you get your fix which is a rush from fighting theres a lot of diferent views on it this is mine
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and all your demons
    I'll be the one to protect you from a will to survive and a voice of reason
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and your choices son
    They're one in the same, I must isolate you...
    Isolate and save you from yourself

Newbie Blade is off to a good start Blade's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HolderOfTheDarkChalice View Post
    fighting is just another way to keep those good ol cavw men instincts alive , the adrenaline rush the heavy brething the feeling you get in your stomack before they hit you its addicitve some will say they do it only to protect themselves but i think fighting can be fun and it can be bad its all in how you want to act.

for me i think fighting is stupid i mean the only good thing to come from fighting is a way to vent but thats it theres nothing great about it uunless that how you get your fix which is a rush from fighting theres a lot of diferent views on it this is mine
    See i get my fix off of fighting as you said... but, when i'm looking for a fight, most of the time it's me and my friends boxing. and if not there it's tae kwon do or kum do... But a few of you guys brought up reveng fighting. When it comes to fighting for fun i'm all game. but revenge is retarded, if im jumped because some one wants revenge screw it im fighting back. not to mention that i legaly get to hand it to them after they hit me 3 times

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

Im not much of a fighter as I much rather would play the roll of diplomat. But sense a number of my friends and family have been in the service I know some militery stile marshelarts. So if I am going to fight some one, it will involve disabling them by breaking and or dislocating some ones arms and legs. So you may get a bruse or to, but you will have fractured bones and or torn ligamints.

I was toaght "Dont ever start fights!!... Just finish them."
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast