Closed Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Your thoughts on fighting

Newbie Blade is off to a good start Blade's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Your thoughts on fighting

Quote Originally Posted by Arukih View Post
    I'm against to any kind of physicaly fight!! Why??

to me those who use their strenght for anything, those ppl have no brain at all...
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoDeath90 View Post
    physical strength can be used for many other things besides fighting and showing off. you are clumping the actual importance of strength in with negativity.

What if some one uses their strength for martial arts contests? Martial arts is not only a test of strength, but of will and of mind. Martial arts is, at its core, a mind game. Are you saying that using strength in this way is mindless?
    @Arukih, I'm sorry i just don't agree with you on that one.like neo death said, in Tae kwon do i'm always looking for an opening in an apponits deffence and if i can trick them that works just as good. and you don't always have to hit hard to win. now i can bench about 250lbs, does that make me stupid? if my snowmobile breaks down, i can drag that 400 pound snowmobile for a ways. does that make me stupid. and fianly I ranked top 10 in my class.I have probles with english... so am i stupid?

Pro Utilitate Hominum LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator's Avatar
    You know that feeling, like you're being watched...
    Thanks

They say Brains should beat Brawn any day, but what if you combined the 2...

I personally don't like getting into fights at all, but that's mainly because I got into heaps while young, pretty much in primary & High schools. If you read the fears topic a while back, you may know I said losing control of myself & hurting friends & family was my worst fear. I've done both while I've lost control, & I never want to do it again...

However if you were to become a threat to my friends or family, don't expect me to sit idly by. I may have never actually done martial arts before, but I've watched their movements a good few times, plus my darker site starts to come out as well. I'm much more intelligent than I used to be, I can take a licking & I know where to hurt people...

The biggest fight I've even been in was an end of school year outing a a new school I was going to. It was an "open learning" school, which means you learn when you want to. My one only had about 10 people going to it, however there was also another 2 more schools linked to it, & they all went to Kings Park on the last day of school. Not knowing my allergies, I got loaded up on sugar, & some girl picked on me. when her friends saw she was in trouble, they came over & tried to help. When their friends saw they were in trouble, they came over & helped, & so on till it was me Vs about 30 other kids of both High school & Primary school ages, & I actually kept them at bay. Apparently I was actually picking kids up & throwing them into the small wading pools there. The teachers eventually wrangled me & got me under control, but it took several to hold me back when the girl who'd started it walked past eating an icecream everyone got. Ended up getting expelled for that...

Worst fight I ever got into was the only one I lost from what I remember. I was tired, didn't have much juice in the tank & ended up landing on the ground somehow, with several other kids kicking for all their worth. Stayed down for a bit after they went away, but I think I ended up getting up & going to class...

The Madman previously known as Daniel219

Wish I could get on here more often. *Sigh* The down side to night shift...

5.00 M33-6 solking may be famous one day solking may be famous one day solking's Avatar
    Thanks

I love fighting. I love picking out my opponent's flaws and using it to my advantage. Whether its for fun or not I really don't care as long as I get to hurt someone. Unfortunately I haven't had a serious fight in almost 3 years.

Its a great stress reliever though right up there with rifle target shooting. I wouldn't mind having a friend that I can fight seriously whenever we feel like it.

Fallen Angel PhoenixSara may be famous one day PhoenixSara's Avatar
    I am in between Heaven's Gate and Hell.Angels are not supposed to fall but i did.
    Thanks

to me those who use their strenght for anything, those ppl have no brain at all...
    I am sorry to disagree with the above or quoted comment. it takes brains to master or learn martial arts. it is a combination of strength and tactics since you have to anticipate the moves as well as defend and counter what your opponent does. More over, martial arts is a discipline used to defend : another term for martial arts : kung fu: means art of fighting but this is considered a very high discipline since the monks from before has to control their own urges to be able to defend. so being intellegent doesn't necessarily mean thin and frail but it can also be those to excercise some form of discipline on themselves physically.
    "In your arms is where i will be, I love you till my forever ends."
    Clan Rainstorm 2nd Company, Kunoichi Leader
    PhoenixSara FB / Click Me IMVU/Atlantis RPG/Rules and FAQ/MY BLOG /

Otaku Haruko Haruhara is off to a good start Haruko Haruhara's Avatar
    Thanks

Sorry but I have to disagree, fighting does have strategy in it, you have to
    think on you feet, and be able to think fast because if you are not able to
    make a decision on what to do quickly prepare to get your butt kicked
    because once you lose that momentum, it is hard to win in that situation,
    and to win that fight once in a tight situation you have to be able to come
    up with a good plan.

Learn, live, laugh, GROW 5 Card Draw Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Long Jump Champion, Collapse Champion, BALLZ! Champion, Rotamania Champion, Rotations Champion, Hishi Champion, Domino Pressure Champion, Fun_game1 Champion, Road Blocks Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Cloud Breakout Champion lebasiara may be famous one day lebasiara's Avatar
    Thanks

Well... personally I don't like to fight. I try to avoid it as much as I can... but I will not run away from one if it comes to me... I don't like to start one... however I will finish one if it is woth to finish it. There are fights that are so pointless that I don't even bother on getting on. But if it is for defense (of myself or others), a defense of my beliefs or a healthy competition... Bring it on ^_^
    Nothing less from Pyro ^_^ Great Sig ^_^ THANK YOU!!!!
    C:\Documents and Settings\MARA\My Documents\My Pictures\Anime room\sigs\music_sig1 mia ^_^.jpg
    "show me.... THE BEAST!!!" The Beauty and the Beast movie

Newbie Kuinta is off to a good start
    Thanks

Well, I'm not sure what to say. It just depends on what kind of fighting. I know there's fighting that's for practice like in wrestling, karate, boxing, fencing, etc. When it comes to fighting for own personal gain or just self-defense, it's different because the reason for seriously fighting usually causes the fighters to become injured or sometimes dead. There's even some that start out verbally and leads to serious physical fighting. For instance, dysfunctional families with troubles of child abuse or even affairs. I mean there's even kids on YouTube who upload school girls beating each other. It's brutal and I can't believe anyone would even consider putting that on YouTube. I have never really been in a fight before. But it's usually better to go for conversation over confrontation.

Otaku clover may be famous one day clover may be famous one day clover's Avatar
    Thanks

when i was younger i was for it, now though i dont really like to....now it says that they only way i can beat anyone, or prove my point is if i beat them up. I dont like bullying, and this is another form of it, and didnt realize it until i started getting into bad relationships.

I used to get into alot of fights for any reason. ive done boxing,wrestling, i play rugby..im violent and ive been put into juvie 15 times within the last 8 years before i turned 19. I was then put into prison for a couple of months, and i used to be in the county jail almost every weekend because of fighting. Now if i start any physical fights im in prison for the next 15 years.
    That just shows me that fighting isnt really the answer that i want for myself or my future children unless its self defense. I ignore people now because i find fighting to be childish for the fact that my parents had to pay for any damage i did. After the third time, they told me to get a job to pay for medical, and my bail.

Id rather prove to people that i can work and get along with people, and if they have a problem i wont loose my job for starting a fight. Or loose friends because i fight with them, or someone their close to. Id rather use my brain now than my fists to prove my points.

..........nothing is true, everything is permitted..........

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast