+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Your Username... Whats it mean?

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Your Username... Whats it mean?

The last thread we had on this topic was a 119 pages long.

Time for a new one, since I think alot of the people who posted in that thread are no longer here, or active all that often.

NEwho, I'll go first.

I've had this username for upwards to 14 years. I first got it when I registered for Hotmail back when it first launched in 1996.

Originally, it was Aceman_67, but I eventually removed the underscore and this as been it since then.

It really doesn't mean anything. I wanted "ace" but that was taken, so was "aceman", so Hotmail gave me a couple choices with numbers. So me, being the tender age of 11, and not knowing much about the internet (lets be honest, back in 96, a lot of people didn't know a lot about the internet, since it was still new, and dial-up was the fastest you could get.), I picked aceman_67.

I've had it so long that if you search 'aceman67' on google, it returns over 57,000 results.

------------------------------------
    Thread rules:

One post per user.

You must explain your username.

All else will be deleted.

You's Trollin Pro Leafblower Champion, Helicopter Champion ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Your Username... Whats it mean?

I'll be next then.

I came up with my user name back in 2005 after over a year of lurking around decided to sign up because of some interesting threads i wanted to voice my opinion. In the beginning i wanted my user name to be Keitaro, but unfortunately someone had already gotten it so i just dropped the "I" letter from it and thus became ketaro.

AO Helper Word Slider Champion, Penguin Shot Champion, YetiSports 10 - The End Champion, Yetisports 2 - Orca Slap Champion, Yetisports 3 - Seal Bounce Champion Mega may be famous one day Mega may be famous one day Mega's Avatar
    Thanks

Ah, I remember this thread. Well my name is just an homage to my gaming roots. One day back in '97, I decided to take the word "game", and shift the letters around to make the name Mega. It popped into my mind originally when I had the admittedly silly idea, than an adjective for a name would be "awesome".

I first used the name Mega, to name Cloud Strife back when FF7 had come out. I've been using it ever since, on all of my online profiles, and as my main characters name in RPGs. I can also be seen going by Mega_Unlimited or Ultimega, if for whatever reason my name is taken.

Newbie Sukai is off to a good start Sukai's Avatar
    I live in my own mind. Haha! Just kidding. I live in Utah, but I hate it here.
    Thanks

Well, originally, my username was always Kakori. I came up with it when I was about ten. It was a combination of Sakura and Kaori, my two favorite names. But after I became a huge fan of Kingdom Hearts, I wanted my name to be similar to Sora's. Sora means sky, so I looked up another way to say sky in Japanese, and Sukai appeared. It's been that way since.

Newbie Hikkomijian is off to a good start Hikkomijian's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sukai View Post
    Sora means sky, so I looked up another way to say sky in Japanese, and Sukai appeared. It's been that way since.
    Well, that's right sukai means sky, but not in Japanese. Sukai is nothing more than English 'sky', but written in katakana (Japanese alphabet for foreign words) and it looks like "スカイ" and is read like "Skai".

My username is a Japanese word '引込思案', it is no-adjective (の-adj) and means "introverted (person)". Once I was looking for nick, which is rather rare, and I found this world in my manual. It sounded pretty well, so I took it.

Teddy Bear =^_^= Bean Hunter Champion Frozen Rose may be famous one day Frozen Rose's Avatar
    Thanks

XD i was looking for a good name that i can join AO with XD since AO is the first web that i sit at heheheh , so i was in a big wonder ... so i sat with my brother X3 and we start saying names finally Frozen Rose was the one , i love this name very much ^,^ ... sometimes my friends laugh at my name and they say you are so nice and sweet *i don't believe that XD* so Frozen isn't the right word for you but i don't know why i love it very much it just make me chill lol ... =^_^=
    http://www.animeonline.net/avatars/frozen-rose-62446.gif?type=sigpic&dateline=1230225100
    My Dreams Become Like The Rainbow
    Love Like the Wind You Can't See It But You Can Feel It

Otaku Kurai is off to a good start Kurai's Avatar
    Thanks

My username is the name of a character I created for a manga inspired Comic I'm currently developing (and have had the idea for almost a year). I came up with the name by typing the word 'dark' into an English-Japanese website. There were 7 different words that came up, and I thought that Kurai sounded the coolest, so thats what I chose.

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

ah yes, ye olde username origins thread.

'Dark.' spans back to middle school for me, around oh, 2002? I used it first for online chat rooms, it was a name i thought was cool and original, but also short and easy to remember. One evening I couldn't log in using just "Dark" however, so a friend of mine suggested just adding a number or symbol or something. A period was the least distracting so I started using a period at the end of my username ever since. The name has no special significance to me as a person or how I behave offline, which when it comes to internet personas I think is a good thing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast