+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 17 to 24 of 35

Thread: Your view on teen pregnancy

  1. #17
    Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Michigan United States
    Posts
    1,499
    Thanks
    411
    Thanked 132 Times in 126 Posts

    Re: Your view on teen pregnancy

    Quote Originally Posted by Tula View Post
    Be forewarned: this may be one of the longest posts ever
    In most cities across the US, there is no longer a lack of access to contraceptives.
    Neither a condom or birth control is 100% effective. Used in conjunction with one another though you're facing some better odds.
    Now if only we could purchase a remote that controlled hormones and got reasoning and logic going.
    Sex isn't stupid. Stupid people can have sex. And yeah that's unfortunate but the act itself is part of the reason the human poulation is just thriving.
    Again, neither birth control pills or condoms are 100% effective.
    If you use birth control but do not follow directions then . . . you may find yourself screwed (pun intended) somewhere down the line.
    I agree with you 100 percent on your statements qouted above, and enjoy how you use humor to sort of overcome intense opposition. But OVer the counter birth control is restricted. Many states do not permit the sale of birth control Plan B to women under the age of 18 and none alow it to sale to women under the age of 17. Just a monor point and other than that i agree with you. As for someother people on thsi forum, saying that 17 is to young an age to have sex or what not, well I know a girl who was raped at less than ten, and it was not by choice, so in you moral double speech don't alwasy assume every woman on earth has sex out of consious choice. If you do think that you are dumb.

  2. #18
    Rawr~ :3 Boxteroid Champion, flyplane Champion, Home Run Champion, Bubbelfutsch Champion, Fire Fighter Champion, Brendans Soccer Champion, Movie Star Match-Up Champion, Total blackout Champion, Text Your Reflexes Champion, Scary movie Champion, Hulk Smash Up Champion, Star Wars Champion, Extreme Snowboarding Champion, Air Disc Champion, Action Fish Champion, A Game Of 3 Halves Champion, Battleball Champion, Hacky Sack Champion, FAD 2003 Champion, SQRL Golf Champion, Dr Yeckyl and Mr Ride Champion, Sky Glide Champion, Flyer Champion, Finnair Champion, Drachenjagd Champion, Canyon Glider Champion, City Surfing Champion, Action Driving Game Champion, Extreme Rowing Champion, Kardahdg Champion, Acceleracers Track Mod Champion, Final Test Champion, Du Wichtel Champion, Pedal Power Champion, Camera Killer 2 Champion, Bike Mania on ICE Champion, ATV Winter Challenge Champion, Caliber Dash Champion, Diesel and Death Champion, Snow Ride Champion, Camera Killer Champion, Pepsi Jet Ski Champion, Bumper Cars Championship Champion, Drifting Champion, Get A Grip Champion, Rooney on the Rampage Champion, Death To Ninja Champion, Kung Fu Hustle 2 Champion, Muay Thai Champion, Metal Arm FAWEGE Champion, Knife Champion, Classroom Fighter Champion, Nobuyuki Forces 3 Champion, Caddeva Champion, Sewer Dweller Champion, Angel Mart Champion, Snowy Champion, Bola Champion, Boiler Room Champion, Bobcat Champion, Amazon Quest Champion, Booty Champion, Five Errors Champion, Mind Your Marbles Champion, Angel Fruit Champion, Binggrae Champion, Candy Shoot Champion, Imperial tiles Champion, Himalayaya - Yeti Strikes Back Champion, Terrorist Attack Champion, Americas Army Champion, Special Operations Champion, Destroy the robots Champion, Cubicle Warfare Champion, Battle Field Champion, Weapons Dealer Champion, Army Copter Champion, Flat War Champion, Terrorist Alert Champion, Bully Basher Champion, Reaktor Champion, Bungee Rescue Champion, The Contraptor Champion, Boris Champion, Carling Cold Champion, Paddleball Champion RayMe is making a name for themselves RayMe is making a name for themselves RayMe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Not somewhere I love but I am glad I have a home so far
    Posts
    3,804
    Thanks
    82
    Thanked 61 Times in 56 Posts

    Re: Your view on teen pregnancy

    Sex isn't stupid. Stupid people can have sex. And yeah that's unfortunate but the act itself is part of the reason the human poulation is just thriving
    I did'nt say sex was stupid xD hell.. Im among the perviest person you might know.. but even myself would think first before humping... it's a heavy responsibility and a big risk.. pregnancy is just something I would like to avoid for the time being.. I would want to have stable income and better platform of life before getting kids o.o Even I would avoid sex just for that... even with protection against's pregnancy.. >.< you can never know what might happen...

    Pills and creme would destroy your fertility one day... IUD are just hard to use... condoms.. not 100&#37; safe... >.< what else...well my point is here... nothing can perfectly avoid pregnancy... there's always a slight chance that pregnancy may occur... >.<

    I would'nt blame fully on the parents... the media plays a major part in this matter I would say... I mean... you even hear what the songs are about this days? The movies? Even cartoons have passionate kissing as a way to show affection? o.O sheesh...

    Legion Ketsueki Lives on~!!
    I'm BACK AO!
    >>>facebook<<<

  3. #19
    Otaku Tula is off to a good start Tula's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    On my way back to Philadelphia
    Posts
    238
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 26 Times in 24 Posts

    Re: Your view on teen pregnancy

    Quote Originally Posted by clover View Post
    i dont think its right, but its their fault and their parents. Parents now days have a harder time controling their kids, and some just let them do what they want. most of the time though many parents dont go into the details of sex, and what happens later when babies actually come into the world. in most cases parents end up being the one to take of their grandchild, while they go to school, work or whatever it is one of or both of the teenage parents do.
    Its like babies taking care of babies themselves, its different when your on your own and supporting yourself, than when you live at home, going to school, and arent old enough for a job, or take care of yourself. for me its just kinda gross, and wrong, we dont live in the fifteen hundreds anymore when people live to 40 at the most, and young girls were married off to have children to carry on the line. I think they should just be out having fun with friends and family, growing up, and learning to grow up, not taking care of a new life.
    Yes. A pregnant teenager in most instances in today’s day and age is the fault of the two individuals that had sex with one another. Is it also perhaps the fault of the parents?
    Parents. Plural. Usually a man and a woman. And for the sake of this argument let’s only look at children created as a result of two MATURE people with jobs and at least one kid.
    If you say it is the fault of the parents you're saying that a man and a woman failed their children. Move backwards in time the teen pregnancy rate was not as high as it is now mostly because women stayed at home and took care at the kids. In this day and age though, most parents cannot live on the salary of one individual alone. You have advances in many areas to blame for that.
    If you are saying that parentS cannot control one child, then you are saying that two people from a totally different generation both screwed up. And that at the rate at which teens are getting knocked up, it’s not just one set of parents but several. So either people have gotten stupid and or lazier over time or it’s not just the fault of parents.

    As to parents educating their children. .
    Most people that have kids can kind of figure out when it’s time to tell their kids that they were not dropped on their doorstep by a stork. But given the almost unlimited access any person has to various kinds of content, do you really think most parents have the knowledge to block their access and thusly limit the realm of possibilities that has just been opened up to their child. I’m not trying to say a good parent does and a bad parent doesn’t but that at a certain point almost all teens kinda branch out and want to try new things. Within reason you can control what goes on in your child’s life. But let’s face it. If Susie decides to cut school one day for the first time ever, has sex with Johnny Sixpack, gets caught ditching school and her parents do the right thing and discipline their child do you really think that’ll be good enough? No. Because all it takes is one time. One sperm, one egg, and one opportunity, and the damage can already be done.

    Quote Originally Posted by clover View Post

    so id rather that their be more common knowledge of how to use protection than letting them figure it out on their own, and many guys dont like condoms and talk girls out of using them. talking with parents, and knowing when your too young for such an adult step in life, that they could come to regret later.your still basically a baby yourself who hasnt experienced life to the fullest.
    I can’t fault the guys alone because I doubt there are so many guys that don’t like to wear condoms AND are extremely persuasive. Persuasive enough that it would account for the rising number of teenage females getting pregnant.
    most girls in this day and age use some hormone (the Pill).
    I’d rather believe it’s a combination of many girls that are persuaded by guys not to wear condoms, and misuse of medications, and a lack of sexual education.

    unfortunately having sex isn’t like driving a car. You don’t need a permit or license to do it. There is no certificate out there that says: “I know everything about sex, I’m STD/STI free. Meet you in your bedroom when your parents are asleep”
    Quote Originally Posted by clover View Post

    in the end sex is their choice, but its their responsibility on both participants to act with common sense and use something to prevent something like a baby from happening. Many are having multiple partners with children, and its usually the father who has more than one baby mama.
    In my town alone, i have seen multiple boy from 12-18 have at least two-four baby mamas, some older, or younger. Im not saying that girls dont have multipule baby daddies, but its more common for men.
    We have a sex education class but they dont into the details of putting condoms on, or birth control use. its mostly what everything is and how it works to desieases.
    I should hope so.
    It’s not like a man can carry a child to term for nine months, crave sex AND be able to comfortably have sex.

    Fact (as of about 4 years ago): You are not an adult nor are you ready to make adult decisions until you are 25 (male) or 22 (female).
    Your frontal lobe has not reached the end of its development at those ages (For females that 22 is an average). This means that until that age, no matter how much education you have, no matter how much you think you know, no matter how much of a goody two shoes you are, the choices you make still aren’t fully baked and even if you think it’s right, your rationale isn’t always accurate.
    Quote Originally Posted by clover View Post

    Many though dont know the responsibilty of a baby and think nothing of it either. So with the media, and older siblings teaching kids and young adults how things go without the negative consequences behind those actions, it doesnt help them out in the end, especially since many of them cannot get jobs and support a child themselves without their parents help. they dont know their giving up their lives to take care of another, and many tend to be single parents by the end of highschool, if not soon after. they force themselves to grow up before they need too, and many are paying child support when they start working at sixteen.
    These are effects. . . . and hopefully deterrents for anyone reading this and thinking about having sex with Suzy Big Mouth or Johnny Sixpack.

    Quote Originally Posted by beast View Post
    I agree with you 100 percent on your statements qouted above, and enjoy how you use humor to sort of overcome intense opposition. But OVer the counter birth control is restricted. Many states do not permit the sale of birth control Plan B to women under the age of 18 and none alow it to sale to women under the age of 17. Just a monor point and other than that i agree with you. As for someother people on thsi forum, saying that 17 is to young an age to have sex or what not, well I know a girl who was raped at less than ten, and it was not by choice, so in you moral double speech don't alwasy assume every woman on earth has sex out of consious choice. If you do think that you are dumb.
    I think restrictions placed on some over the counter birth control medications stems from: overall size of the surrounding population and amount of crime in the surrounding population.
    There is almost unlimited access to high population urban areas to almost any kind of contraceptive. Hell, at one of my old jobs, we gave it out for free. But if we went outside our County, where populations wre smaller and the incident of crime (of almost every type) was minimal or nonexistent, there was no high demand for some drugs and so supply was low.
    But as of right now, I know for a fact that in MOST places in the US, it is illegal to deny any person certain contraceptives.
    Most clinics free or otherwise carry almost any kind of contraceptive you need and most of them offer it for free.

    Quote Originally Posted by RayMe View Post

    I did'nt say sex was stupid xD hell.. Im among the perviest person you might know.. but even myself would think first before humping... it's a heavy responsibility and a big risk.. pregnancy is just something I would like to avoid for the time being.. I would want to have stable income and better platform of life before getting kids o.o Even I would avoid sex just for that... even with protection against's pregnancy.. >.< you can never know what might happen...

    Pills and creme would destroy your fertility one day... IUD are just hard to use... condoms.. not 100&#37; safe... >.< what else...well my point is here... nothing can perfectly avoid pregnancy... there's always a slight chance that pregnancy may occur... >.<

    the media plays a major part in this matter I would say... I mean... you even hear what the songs are about this days? The movies? Even cartoons have passionate kissing as a way to show affection? o.O sheesh...
    A few weeks ago one of my best friends saw me rock climbing. When I got back down she was gone. I called her. She came back about 5 minutes later.
    The whole monkey see monkey do thing I’m not just buying. Just because you see something or hear something does not mean you do it.

    According to my boyfriend sex may as well be stupid. It’s so far in the back of his mind half the time I think he thinks like a kid. Wanna trade places with him? (I’m kidding)

    And in further news. . . basically you’re a pervert that’s talked yourself out of sexual activities for what? The rest of your life

    EDIT: who's brilliant idea was it to put a cap on posts over a certain length
    Last edited by Tula; Jul 19, 2009 at 03:08 PM.

  4. #20
    ★~Ao's Irish Fariy ~★ equinn may be famous one day equinn may be famous one day equinn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Emerald island (Eire) (Ireland)
    Posts
    1,834
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 39 Times in 37 Posts

    Re: Your view on teen pregnancy

    well if they live with not alot of money they could be doin this to get benfits from the goverment and a free house in a better place possably or else there isnt enough sex education in the area u live?...

    but me personly i wanna have kids young im 16 near 17 now but the earlyest i wanna have kids is 18 but i deffo want them before im 25 my max is 5 ( im not octomom ) but i wanna make sure i finish school frist then move in with my bf then see what happends there ive even thought maybe about the pill cos i dont wanna take a kid into the world and not be able to provide for him/her and id deffo never ever abort.
    but i cant see why in some cases its looked down on many women want babys if they place them for adoption people who cant have will get a chance to be perents . and if they badly want a kid at 17-18 then they should go for it aslong as they think there bf will stay with them!

  5. #21
    Rawr~ :3 Boxteroid Champion, flyplane Champion, Home Run Champion, Bubbelfutsch Champion, Fire Fighter Champion, Brendans Soccer Champion, Movie Star Match-Up Champion, Total blackout Champion, Text Your Reflexes Champion, Scary movie Champion, Hulk Smash Up Champion, Star Wars Champion, Extreme Snowboarding Champion, Air Disc Champion, Action Fish Champion, A Game Of 3 Halves Champion, Battleball Champion, Hacky Sack Champion, FAD 2003 Champion, SQRL Golf Champion, Dr Yeckyl and Mr Ride Champion, Sky Glide Champion, Flyer Champion, Finnair Champion, Drachenjagd Champion, Canyon Glider Champion, City Surfing Champion, Action Driving Game Champion, Extreme Rowing Champion, Kardahdg Champion, Acceleracers Track Mod Champion, Final Test Champion, Du Wichtel Champion, Pedal Power Champion, Camera Killer 2 Champion, Bike Mania on ICE Champion, ATV Winter Challenge Champion, Caliber Dash Champion, Diesel and Death Champion, Snow Ride Champion, Camera Killer Champion, Pepsi Jet Ski Champion, Bumper Cars Championship Champion, Drifting Champion, Get A Grip Champion, Rooney on the Rampage Champion, Death To Ninja Champion, Kung Fu Hustle 2 Champion, Muay Thai Champion, Metal Arm FAWEGE Champion, Knife Champion, Classroom Fighter Champion, Nobuyuki Forces 3 Champion, Caddeva Champion, Sewer Dweller Champion, Angel Mart Champion, Snowy Champion, Bola Champion, Boiler Room Champion, Bobcat Champion, Amazon Quest Champion, Booty Champion, Five Errors Champion, Mind Your Marbles Champion, Angel Fruit Champion, Binggrae Champion, Candy Shoot Champion, Imperial tiles Champion, Himalayaya - Yeti Strikes Back Champion, Terrorist Attack Champion, Americas Army Champion, Special Operations Champion, Destroy the robots Champion, Cubicle Warfare Champion, Battle Field Champion, Weapons Dealer Champion, Army Copter Champion, Flat War Champion, Terrorist Alert Champion, Bully Basher Champion, Reaktor Champion, Bungee Rescue Champion, The Contraptor Champion, Boris Champion, Carling Cold Champion, Paddleball Champion RayMe is making a name for themselves RayMe is making a name for themselves RayMe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Not somewhere I love but I am glad I have a home so far
    Posts
    3,804
    Thanks
    82
    Thanked 61 Times in 56 Posts

    Re: Your view on teen pregnancy

    A few weeks ago one of my best friends saw me rock climbing. When I got back down she was gone. I called her. She came back about 5 minutes later.
    The whole monkey see monkey do thing I’m not just buying. Just because you see something or hear something does not mean you do it.

    According to my boyfriend sex may as well be stupid. It’s so far in the back of his mind half the time I think he thinks like a kid. Wanna trade places with him? (I’m kidding)

    And in further news. . . basically you’re a pervert that’s talked yourself out of sexual activities for what? The rest of your life

    EDIT: who's brilliant idea was it to put a cap on posts over a certain length
    For safety

    Well.. rock climbing and sex.. are both another whole different thing for sure.. If she was into rock climbing.. maybe she would have followed your lead ^^ but what the media have potrayed about being glamourous.. oh.. I can see lots of people following those "leads" and "examples" like they really have to... what not when they finally watch porns... Plus.. this things are so easy to find nowadays that when a kid just learnt a new word... lets say boobs? Then key it in google/yahoo... Imagine what they see.. o.o

    xD Thats silly..

    Legion Ketsueki Lives on~!!
    I'm BACK AO!
    >>>facebook<<<

  6. #22
    Otaku jazzy9513 is off to a good start
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Whereeveryouare
    Posts
    131
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts

    Re: Your view on teen pregnancy

    ok well if you wanted to get pregnant, good luck! i hope your baby doesnt die or have issues afterwards because you were stupid and had a baby too young. but then again i dont feel completely right saying that cuz its your body and ive had a couple of friends, who are younger than most pregnant teens, be pregnant and one of them is keeping hers. im not saying dont have sex or anything cuz then id be a hypacrite (<- sp?) but dont go far enough to get pregnant. the 3 friends that ive had get pregnant all agree that its embarrasing because rumors have started all around that they are easy and theyre whores and prostitutes and someones nasty left-overs. in my opinion, even getting pregnant at 20 is still too young. its better though. to me, the appropriate age is 23. but whatever if you dont want to be safe when your having sex then dont be surprised when rumors get spread about you

  7. #23
    Otaku clover may be famous one day clover may be famous one day clover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    with my hobby in corpus christi
    Posts
    231
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 27 Times in 24 Posts

    Re: Your view on teen pregnancy

    hmm i agree with everything you said tula, but i dont feel like qouting alot of all of that so ill try to do it all with remembering...i have trouble saying things the way im thinking them, alot of the time i say one thing and i mean it to be another....

    im not really blaming parents, but im basing what i see around my hormone raged town. Alot of the time now around here, most of the teenagers around here are from divorced families, so you get one parent thats stricter than another, and one that wants to be the kool parent.
    So you get two factors of which parent will really care what i do? and which one will kill me when they find out? So it becomes harder for one parent let alone two to control a kid who's most likley confused about relationships, and how one is really soposed to be in the end result. Its normal for kids to branch out and become themselves, and see whats out there, but when he or she is out to seven the next morning after lying to their parent, or parents somethings up.

    and i know plenty of guys who can talk a girl into sex sober, so they can most certainly talk them into not using the condom. though your right its not their fault alone the girls should take some responsibility for not saying "no id rather use one than not".
    i know a girl who is now 13 and having and on her third child, when she started having sex, she hadnt hit puberty yet until later, and learned she was pregnate when she went to the doctor the first time at 12. she had twin nine months later. She knew how to use the pill and condoms, everything that went along with sex, now shes having a little boy in two months. id say its both their faults either way.
    they wanted to take the risk, nothing is 100% effective, and with STD's women are more likley to know if they have one if their tested for them when they go to their obgyn, or if its found in another test. Men are more likley to carry an STD like HPV and not know it since many think it wont happen to them, so they dont go get tested regularly if at all.

    for the most part, i dont really think anyone really grows up. most people still act like little kids until the day they die. Its just a fact of life that you feel as young as you want. any desicion made by anyone, they thought about it, and went right ahead and did what they wanted even knowing the consequences.

    Most if not a percentage of those teens, wanted to get pregnate, to either have a baby for whatever reason they though they wanted it, to thinking itll keep their boyfriends around, if not for them then the baby. which still doesnt work since most men and a small percentage of women end up not in that childs life, and paying child support, until its eighteen.

    if a man could carry a baby for nine months, and birth it, then they would know the pain and the closet a mother will ever come to death. Its not really fair for them to compare "football pain" to pushing a watermelon out of a lemon sized hole, after your hips push themselves apart.
    so it would be one up for the female side, on the bragging meter


    ..........nothing is true, everything is permitted..........

  8. #24
    Otaku Tula is off to a good start Tula's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    On my way back to Philadelphia
    Posts
    238
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 26 Times in 24 Posts

    Re: Your view on teen pregnancy

    Quote Originally Posted by equinn View Post
    well if they live with not alot of money they could be doin this to get benfits from the goverment and a free house in a better place possably or else there isnt enough sex education in the area u live?...
    This is possible. But most educated people would not want to get pregnant just so they can get financial help from the government. There simply aren't enough benefits.

    Quote Originally Posted by RayMe View Post

    Well.. rock climbing and sex.. are both another whole different thing for sure.. If she was into rock climbing.. maybe she would have followed your lead ^^ but what the media have potrayed about being glamourous.. oh.. I can see lots of people following those "leads" and "examples" like they really have to... what not when they finally watch porns... Plus.. this things are so easy to find nowadays that when a kid just learnt a new word... lets say boobs? Then key it in google/yahoo... Imagine what they see.. o.o

    xD Thats silly..
    If you're rock climbing, one false move at the right altitude can mean your life is over.
    With pregnancy your odds of living are a tad better

    As for the internet and kids I don't blame the media. In that case I blame the parents that are not keeping up to date with trends and learning new ways of protecting their kids from seeing that sort of thing.

    Quote Originally Posted by jazzy9513 View Post
    ok well if you wanted to get pregnant, good luck! i hope your baby doesnt die or have issues afterwards because you were stupid and had a baby too young.
    And I thought I was negative, condescending and pessimistic.

    Every year (since the 1990s), roughly 750,000 teens (aged 15-19) become pregnant (At most it was about 900,000)
    Of those pregnant less than 20&#37; of 1000 will have a live birth. (varies from state to state)
    The government already spends billions of dollars (Roughly 7 billion) per year taking care of pregnant teens. (WIC, health care, diapers, parenting classes, etc.)
    Per year the government spends several million in funding programs to prevent teenage pregnancy

    13-14 year olds have a higher infant mortality rate than 15-19 year olds.
    Think along the lines of 17 per 1000 live births vs 10 per 1000 live births

    now for some interesting stuff:
    Infants born to teenagers are at risk for low birth weight and mental retardation
    Most pregnant teenagers do not drink alcohol while pregnant
    Compared to pregnant women in their 20s, infants born to teens have a better chance of not developing FAS (Fetal Alcohol Syndrome)
    Most pregnant teens do not smoke while pregnant compared to women in their 20s +
    Overall, one of the biggest problems for pregnant teens is gaining access to prenatal care and or eating healthy

    Of teens that intentionally get pregnant, most are:
    clinically diagnosed with having a mental problem/illness/defect/ailment
    engaged in at least one abusive relationship.
    The others are just stupid.

    None of these stats account for all infants born to women of all age groups.
    Women over 35 account for the majority of children born with mental defects
    Women 20-45 account for the majority of children born with FAS
    Specifically for women over 40, most use 'recreational drugs' while pregnant.

    Quote Originally Posted by jazzy9513 View Post

    but then again i dont feel completely right saying that cuz its your body and ive had a couple of friends, who are younger than most pregnant teens, be pregnant and one of them is keeping hers. im not saying dont have sex or anything cuz then id be a hypacrite (<- sp?) but dont go far enough to get pregnant.
    I'm gonna take a stab and say you're like 15. Or that you're familiar with Bill Clinton's "I did not have sex with that woman"

    I'm sorry but that last part: "dont go far enough to get pregnant"
    what does that mean?
    Like if a guy inserts his privates into yours only half way, you won't get pregnant? Or cunnilingus isn't sex because you can't get pregnant or something?

    PS: ‘hypocrite’ is one of the nicer things I thought after reading this

    Quote Originally Posted by jazzy9513 View Post

    the 3 friends that ive had get pregnant all agree that its embarrasing because rumors have started all around that they are easy and theyre whores and prostitutes and someones nasty left-overs. in my opinion, even getting pregnant at 20 is still too young. its better though. to me, the appropriate age is 23. but whatever if you dont want to be safe when your having sex then dont be surprised when rumors get spread about you
    So . .
    You should not get pregnant as a teenager because of the rumors people will spread about you or because of the negative thoughts people will think of you?
    Seriously, re-read what you've said here.
    So what do you tell a teenager that doesn't care what people say or think about them?
    I can't ever imagine in my profession telling a teenager "you shouldn't become a parent at your age because people will say and or think negative things about you”

    As for an appropriate age to get pregnant. . I don’t think there is one.
    It’s more like it is appropriate for you to get pregnant if you can support a child, and are at a stage in your life where your lifestyle is conducive to raising a child.

    As for taking safe measures if intent on having sex. .
    Again. Somehow I doubt that if I say “have safe sex or suffer the consequences if you wind up pregnant and prepare yourself for the things people will say about you” it’ll have much of an impact. Sure the person may laugh a lot. Same way I am right now, but I don’t think it’ll do a lot of good.

    You make it seem like a person’s public image is the most valuable thing at stake if someone becomes pregnant as a teen. If this is what’s the first thing you’re worrying about I can only imagine how many other people out there think the same way you do.
    So let’s forget about safe sex for a moment.
    How about people should not have sex if they can't fully grasp the “big picture” and all the consequences that can result if they have sex.
    That puts you into this category. And any person (regardless of age) that is more concerned about the rumors being spread about them if they were to get pregnant. And let’s also put into this category anyone that says/does/thinks:
    But we only did it once (because it only takes once)
    Pre-ejaculation can’t lead to babies (because unless the guy knows for sure that he’s shooting blanks, there is a chance of pregnancy)
    Is cunnilingus/ fellatio sex? (because you have to ask or don’t know, obviously you’re not educated enough to engage in these sorts of activities)
    If you use the pill or a condom that you can’t get pregnant (because neither is 100% effective at preventing pregnancy)
    The rhythm method is an effective way of preventing pregnancy (because it isn’t)
    As a teenager you think you are ready to have a baby (because almost 100% of teens aren’t)
    If you think condoms don’t come in your size (This works if you’re not human)
    If you don’t like the feel of condoms (this only works if you haven’t tried enough of them)

    someone help me add to this list.

    Quote Originally Posted by clover View Post

    im not really blaming parents, but im basing what i see around my hormone raged town. Alot of the time now around here, most of the teenagers around here are from divorced families, so you get one parent thats stricter than another, and one that wants to be the kool parent.
    So you get two factors of which parent will really care what i do? and which one will kill me when they find out? So it becomes harder for one parent let alone two to control a kid who's most likley confused about relationships, and how one is really soposed to be in the end result. Its normal for kids to branch out and become themselves, and see whats out there, but when he or she is out to seven the next morning after lying to their parent, or parents somethings up.
    There must have been numerous studies since the 1990s when teenage pregnancy became so out of control.
    One of the things these studies determined was the socioeconomic backgrounds that were most conducive for a teenager to get pregnant.
    back then people that lived in certain states of poverty were most likely to get pregnant. In recent years there’s teenage pregnancy has gone down slightly but there’s also been a shift in individuals most likely to get pregnant. In African American and Hispanic communities, pregnancy has gone down (by like 4%). And actually the group most likely to get pregnant fall under White non-Hispanic of various levels of income. Most of these studies however, do not distinguish between certain circumstances such as whether or not 2individuals were going to get married and don't tell whether or not any did. (I mention these scenarios because there have been numerous studies into why the mass majority of pregnant women in the US aren't married.)

    Quote Originally Posted by clover View Post

    and i know plenty of guys who can talk a girl into sex sober, so they can most certainly talk them into not using the condom. though your right its not their fault alone the girls should take some responsibility for not saying "no id rather use one than not".
    My say on this scenario is that you should NEVER let anyone jeopardize your life, health, and overall wellbeing just for something that lasts for like what? I think the average teenage boy lasts like 4 minutes tops?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Juno is the cause of the rise in teen pregnancy?
    By starfire1036 in forum Cyber Lounge
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: Jul 01, 2008, 09:43 PM
  2. teen pregnancy: right or wrong?
    By iluvmyloser in forum Debate and Discuss
    Replies: 92
    Last Post: Oct 16, 2007, 08:54 AM
  3. Teen Pregnancy
    By equinn in forum Cyber Lounge
    Replies: 74
    Last Post: May 06, 2007, 07:39 PM
  4. Pregnancy at a young age
    By mellow maromi in forum Debate and Discuss
    Replies: 223
    Last Post: Oct 22, 2006, 12:34 PM
  5. Pregnancy
    By Mr. K in forum Debate and Discuss
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Oct 12, 2006, 09:10 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts