+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Your view on teen pregnancy

Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Your view on teen pregnancy

The fact of the matter is until the other means of perpetuating humanity become cheap in order to keep the human race going people will need to get pregnant. Even then there is very few to almost no ways to keep the human race going with out pregnancy. Now in the future that might not b the case but in the meantime if the population is to remain even somewhat steady and you need a steady population, people will need to have the cock put to them, and even in deacades or a century when ulternatives to human birth come along that is not to say that traditional birth (pregrnancy by screwing) is, and you will hate me for this, a necessity. Your parents got knocked up lliek their parents before them. That is just the state of human condition now. It will change with technology but not yet.

Otaku Tula is off to a good start Tula's Avatar
    Thanks

Let me reiterate:
    The human population has increased to proportions that exceed the planet's limit (as in we have too many people already and have begun to drain the planet of many resources and are actually depleting the planet of biodiversity because of our expansion)

Reproduction is necessary for the survival of any species
    Reproduction is NOT necessary for the survival of any one singular individual.

So sure pregnant teenagers (or any other human of any age group) are useful. But not by the hundred thousands per year in this day and age.

We should probably have all the nations of the world get together and depending on the size of each nation, 1 female per every 5,000 people (men and women) should be given a time slot for when they can get pregnant.

God Of Angelz Submarine Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Pencak Champion, Grand Prix Challenge 2 Champion, Twelve Swap Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Crab Volleyball Champion, Hockey Shooter Champion, Trick Master Funky Champion, Mah-Jong Connect Champion, W.R.A.X. Champion dark1angel may be famous one day dark1angel's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tula View Post
    Be forewarned: this may be one of the longest posts ever

In most cities across the US, there is no longer a lack of access to contraceptives.
    Sure there is perhaps some hotility young people may feel when they buy condoms and the cashier looks at them with a dirty look.
    But the thing is if you're going to be shy or feel down about the decision to protect yourself because someone looks at you the wrong way, imagine how you'd feel pregnant walking down the street and running into that same cashier.
    You have to pick which level of discomfort is more tolerable.

As for sex education . .
    There's a lot of intiative into promoting sexual education. The sorts of programs offered at most public schools are pretty basic. (not sure how efficient all of them are.) As for some areas there are programs that dooffer sexual education programs but you'd have to take part in those on your time.

As of a few years ago the Red Cross offered a sexual education course and due to some legal issues . . . the effectiveness of their program went down a little. Apparently for some programs it is illegal to say the word 'abstinence' but it's totally fine to say 'try to obstain from . .'

And it's only in some parts of the US where there is limited access to certain contraceptives and or it is illegal to seel certain contraceptives to some individuals.
    The reasoning behind this is . . . like 2 steps forward and one step backwards.
    The goal is to keep certain powerful pharmaceutical products from the general public becuase of harmful side effects or because the risk to one's self if not used correctly.

Neither a condom or birth control is 100% effective. Used in conjunction with one another though you're facing some better odds.
    Now if only we could purchase a remote that controlled hormones and got reasoning and logic going.
    As for the media. . . . that's only part of it. I think a bigger part may be the things that influence any person in that age group. And yeah that's dependent on a lot of different factors but for sure it it means that media isn't the only factor.
    And while I agree the media does contain a high sexual content moreso than it used to but can you really fault the media? I'd sooner blame the person that gives a teenager access to these sorts of things than any media mogul.

Most people don't talk to their parents about everything including but not limited to sex.
    And sure I agree with you that talking to your parents may not be such a bad idea. But I think it's illegal to not stop children from engaging in sexual activities. And in addition to that, no sane parent ever tells their child 'i know you want to have sex, but i think you should wait until you're no longer ovulating' or some other equally retarded crap like that.

In the past, women were married as young as 12. In addition to that and still to this day, a marriage needs to be consumated to be valid. This is a big enough deal that in some states, lack of sex is a valid reason for divorce.

And actually from a biological standpoint this would probably be one of the better ages to start having kids. But giving the role women play in society nowadays sure that may not be a good idea but the only reason it's shunned upon is predominantly because it will have a negative impact on their roles in the future.
    (if that makes sense.)

Sex isn't stupid. Stupid people can have sex. And yeah that's unfortunate but the act itself is part of the reason the human poulation is just thriving.

Again, neither birth control pills or condoms are 100% effective.
    If you use birth control but do not follow directions then . . . you may find yourself screwed (pun intended) somewhere down the line.
    Most teenagers (and even some adults) have no freaking clue how to use a condom. I think for most teens polled, they have a better chance of using the pull out method than they do of using a condom.
    Even though talking to your parents can be a bad idea but later on it can end up in a bad situation where there is no help to get reach about and also i think these young teens are not merely thinking right in their own views, also these teens can be stubborn and etc. i just want the teens to be safe and not ending up with children and dropping out of school so early out.

Magic intervenes when there is love in first sight.
    |アスタロス|

Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tula View Post
    Let me reiterate:
    The human population has increased to proportions that exceed the planet's limit
    Reproduction is necessary for the survival of any species
    Reproduction is NOT necessary for the survival of any one singular individual.
    Maybe maybe not but even if I agree with you on that issue, you still need to be careful. Sure a population decrease would not be terrible but a huge decrease in a population can be dangerous. We know this from the situation in the united states to some degree, and in other places such as China. Aging populations have seperate needs and a huge decrease in population means less to service. Social security is a good example, it is falling because there are fewer people paying into it since many baby boomers had fewer children. We need people getting pregnant.

Otaku desxms may be famous one day desxms may be famous one day desxms's Avatar
    Thanks

Teens are too young to get pregnant. It is unfair for the child, if the child is born. It takes a certain amount of maturity and responsibilitiy, not to mention financial responsibility to raise a child and be a parent. I'm against teen pregnancy. Children should be born to mature individuals to get a good head start in life.

God Of Angelz Submarine Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Pencak Champion, Grand Prix Challenge 2 Champion, Twelve Swap Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Crab Volleyball Champion, Hockey Shooter Champion, Trick Master Funky Champion, Mah-Jong Connect Champion, W.R.A.X. Champion dark1angel may be famous one day dark1angel's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't think this whole teen pregnancy is that big of a deal to me that is my own personal opinion but i just can't bare young teens having kids at an early age and wont ' be able to stay in school, so now they're making this big excuse to miss out school and having a diploma in their hands after graduation date.

Magic intervenes when there is love in first sight.
    |アスタロス|

Banned Original White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

My view on teen pregnancy is simply this:

If you are going to do it, you better be mentally and emotionally stable and ready to accept any consequences that come along with [I]it/I].

If a certain something decides to show up, don't try to get rid of it through abortion.

You better have money in the bank and a good head on your shoulders if you or your girlfriend do get pregnant.

Don't cry like a little baby when you find out. You made the decision to have sex. Suck it up and be a parent. Your fault.

It's a gift from God. Enjoy.

Otaku Trojan man is off to a good start Trojan man's Avatar
    Thanks

anser me this whats more emberasing asking/purchasing a condom or walking whit a kid at age 15-17
    Last edited by Trojan man; Jul 23, 2009 at 07:21 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast