+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Zombie Apocalypse

Legendary Otaku divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment's Avatar
    Thanks

Zombie Apocalypse

Ever since we watched Dawn of the Dead, my friends and I have argued about how best to survive a zombie apocalypse. I decided to ask the lot of you what you would do if zombies were taking over the world, one infectious bite at a time.

~ What would you bring?
    ~ What sort of protection would you have?
    ~ Where would you go?
    ~ Whom would you go out of your way to protect?

Just a few ideas to get the conversation rolling.

My Entity Is Unknown anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Zombie Apocalypse

First i would be strapped up with the best guns and destructive weapons i could get my hands on, i then would form a group of no more than 25 people (all with weapons as well, and know how to use them), i would find the most secure building with food and a good supply of water. I from there i would try to contact anyone alive with a plane and fly to the least infected country and try to get their leader to use their army and destroy the undead with nucs!

1st Sig finished 12-20-09

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

OKAY~! THERE'S A BOOK ABOUT THIS THAT I HAVE READ COVER TO COVER~~~!!!

The Zombie Survival Guide: Complete Protection From the Living Dead By: Max Brooks

this is an actual analytical account of the history of zombies, different cultures viewpoints, where to go, what to bring, and the different levels of infestation... whether or not you take it seriously, is entirely up to you, it is labled as a "Humor" book, but i take what it says seriously...

but if you want to read it, go ahead, i won't blog about it anymore or i'll seem more crazy then i intend to...

anyways, the best sort of protection is to keep moving and a good machete. zombies can't move fast, so as long as you keep walking you'll be fine (so long as you don't walk into a cloud of them unknowingly). and a machete cuz it's a solid close quarters weapon that doesn't rely on ammo (zombie games have shown you the draw back of that) and it can be used for building shelters, clearing brush etc etc...

places to avoid is urban areas (never really safe), the amazon (so moist there that everything rotts, sickness is guarenteed and it's hard to fight in such close quarters) and swamps (now you have to fight close quarters when you can barely move). so, i'd try my luck in the mountains (good place for a fort) or the tundra (winter you're safe cuz the zombies freeze, but they will be back when they thaw in spring).

and as for who i'd protect, my Darling and my Doggies and Tybalt... i think i would have split from my family a long time ago.

(the reason i read it so much is cuz i'm scared TO DEATH of zombies, so i want to know how to fight the enemy!)

@ anime_being_godbringing a lot of people is good for building forts and protection, but if you don't have the food or medicine to take care of them, then you're bring everyone (including yourself) into death. and if you ever need to move, big crowds with lots to carry are big targets, so be prepared to have your caravans attacked often. it's also a good idea to burn the bodies of those who died (be it by sickness or zombies) so the disease doesn't spread through the whole group... and also, nuking the places doesn't guarentee anything, unless you destroy the head, all that amounts to nothing. a good deal will be wiped out, but the ones who remain are now zombies infected with nasty nuclear stuff... and that's undoubtedly a bigger threat then normal zombies. plus, it would decimate almost all plant and animal life with those things running around...

Legendary Otaku divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Abu Dhabi View Post
    OKAY~! THERE'S A BOOK ABOUT THIS THAT I HAVE READ COVER TO COVER~~~!!!

The Zombie Survival Guide: Complete Protection From the Living Dead By: Max Brooks

this is an actual analytical account of the history of zombies, different cultures viewpoints, where to go, what to bring, and the different levels of infestation... whether or not you take it seriously, is entirely up to you, it is labled as a "Humor" book, but i take what it says seriously...
    Yes, we have consulted that book . . . multiple times. We argue over it . . . quote it . . . throw it at each others' heads . . .

Newbie Rabbits are Roadkill is off to a good start Rabbits are Roadkill's Avatar
    Thanks

the Zombie Survival Guide is more of a joke than anything else.

I personally would start with my Swords (Compact Buster and 50" Katana), Get in my car head to a hospital or health clinic for medical supplies, though I'm sure I'll run into zombies there, head to a place where weapons were sold and stock up, find the closest Army surplus store for water purification tablets and MREs, then go to either Lowes or Home Depot (They have all the supplies you need for boarding the place up AND they have a green house which can later be used for growing vegitables and whatever else.) kill any zombies there and use the materials to board the place up. Make sure that there is only one entrance and exit and use it for times when you need more supplies. After boarding up Lowe's/Home Depot, unload the equipment that's been gathered then locate a motorcycle. Motorcycles are fast and can fit into smaller spaces than cars so that's a good choice. Keep the car only for a back up. Live at Lowe's/Home depot until the day you are killed by the zombie flood. That's my strategy.

Places you SHOULD NOT use for refuge are: Hotels, Movie Theatres, HOSPITALS, anywhere above ground level, factories, trialers/mobile homes, or anything in an overpopulated area.

Angelic Lasura may be famous one day Lasura's Avatar
    Thanks

lol ^^ Zombie Apocalypse? Yea! Right! Ok... everything can happen and I've been freaked out of zombies since one crawled over me in a dream... *shivers*

Hah!!!!!!!! There is even a book!!! people can sell EVERYTHING these days

But ok... just for fun.

What I would bring? Hmmm.... Fire of somekind, because, from all I know, fire is the only thing that can kill a zombie- vodka and a match could do (I can only hope I don't burn myself). And sure I need some food and water and simple stuff like that.

the previous one answers also on what kind of protection I would take.

where would I go? Well first I'd have to get to Malay (for reasons quite obvious, na)... hmmm... I'd walk I think... or steal a car, then I'd find the most quiet possible place (I want a forest!) and live there....

and sorry I don't understand your last question? O.o could you explain?

My recommended fanfic: "Dreamer" by Scourge

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lasura View Post
    and sorry I don't understand your last question? O.o could you explain?
    The last question is basically - who would you die to protect? For example, would you swim through a sea of zombies to save your mother? Your lover? Your pet?

Angelic Lasura may be famous one day Lasura's Avatar
    Thanks

Lol ^^ Daaa! Silly question. Of course I would.... Only I bet I would have no chance against a sea of zombies, even with a flame thrower But I would try hmmm... for anyone from my family and any of my friends and especially for my love. Not for the pet though. Sorry.... O.o that's a bit too much!

My recommended fanfic: "Dreamer" by Scourge

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast