+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Zombie Apocalypse

Otaku Tetsanosuke Kirikami is off to a good start Tetsanosuke Kirikami's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Zombie Apocalypse

Quote Originally Posted by divine_punishment View Post
    ~ What would you bring?
    ~ What sort of protection would you have?
    ~ Where would you go?
    ~ Whom would you go out of your way to protect?

The Zombie Survival Guide

Read it, know it, read it again, then bow to it... < On and on and on.. >

What would I bring?

I'll be speaking in general terms, I myself haven't the right abode to shack up in, but for you lucky peeps with a second floor you might not have to leave right away. Bring all your food and medical supplies upstairs as fast as possible, catalog all your supplies and ration it. Eat perishables first of course.

Even before that, if you have an upstairs bathroom turn on the bath tub for cold water and plug the faucet too, water will be critical for your survival in your half house crows nest.

Once everything is upstairs, maybe even a ladder or other means of climbing, DESTROY THE STAIRCASE. Because generally when you bust the stairs high enough the Zombies wont be able to reach you.

As for answering the first question, try this list for size. (Condensed out of laziness)
    1. Possible Melee weapon, preferably something you are trained with or a crowbar. If you can double a weapon as a tool go for it.
    2. A survival pack (Back pack) with a bed roll of some sort. Make sure it's fastened and comfortable because you'll have long quiet walks ahead of you, and if anything jingles it could lead to your discovery.
    3. Rationed food and medical supplies, pain killers and bandages. A headache in the middle of foot travel can be harsh without some aspirin. This whole thing would include water. Enough until you get to another source (which should be predetermined or at least figured).
    4. Primary firearm, like a semi-auto carbine rifle. One which takes the easily available civilian ammunition you could find at gun shops and various other places. Also a secondary firearm is recommended.

Be sure to keep in mind how you'll be able to carry it all, and think about possible scavenging points.

Next.. The third.

Where would I go?

Well, the best way to go would be the farthest away from humanity's centers as possible. But you must think about your possibility of travel as well. It all depends on my situation and what would be available to me.

Who would I protect?

Those of my group, the ones I have cared about and have been able to stay with through the whole mess. Sure, I'd help any person in trouble (If the situation allowed it) but survival is over bravado in this kind of scheme.

EDIT~

Quote Originally Posted by Aya-kun View Post
    (Laughs) I love Dawn of the Dead! It was hilarious!
    It's sad that our good friend, Andy died!

Anyway...

1. I'll bring... weapons!
    2. Shotgun, flame thrower and a magnum.
    3. The best place to run would be to go on a cruise. Live on the ocean because zombies can't swim. Or if they could, they'll somehow drown.
    4. Er... If they already turn into zombies, I won't hesitate to kill them.

-End-
    Zombies can't swim, but they can become bloated at the bodies and float to the surface. They can't drown though. And if you were to live on the ocean, think about these things:

Scurvy: Bring YOUR FRUITS! This will kill you easily if not takencare of.

And as the infestation cools down, you risk those people who have become 'raiders'. Consider them pirates for now. But either way they'll take your supplies, take and use your women and steal your children for offspring and all. Unless this is an 'alone in the world 'scenario.
    Last edited by Tetsanosuke Kirikami; Nov 29, 2007 at 08:20 PM.

"Walk in with Reason, and leave with Passion."

Stray Sheep Aya-kun may be famous one day Aya-kun may be famous one day Aya-kun's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ochi Gate View Post
    on the sea is indeed a good idea, as long as you have enough food. and the zombie wouldnt drown so much as wander the ocean depths until the pressure crushed it
    What's to worry? <.__.>{?]
    You can always go fishing. The ocean is rich with marine food! <*^v^>/~

@Tetsanosuke Kirikami
    Then, play a sniper game. Or pour oil in the ocean and burn them all~ (Laughs)

Hmm.. I think it'll be good to go to an isolated island for cover since there are no humans or any civilizations... <.__.>{?]
    [CENTER]+ Sheep Blogs at PaperDiaries +

Otaku Oroboros Champion nexusolus is off to a good start nexusolus's Avatar
    Thanks

What's to worry? <.__.>{?]
    You can always go fishing. The ocean is rich with marine food! <*^v^>/~

@Tetsanosuke Kirikami
    Then, play a sniper game. Or pour oil in the ocean and burn them all~ (Laughs)

Hmm.. I think it'll be good to go to an isolated island for cover since there are no humans or any civilizations... <.__.>{?]
    I wouldnt eat anything that come's out of rivers/oceans. This is because the zombies and other infected things that go into the ocean would spred the infection to some (maybe not all) marine life.

Made by me.

Stray Sheep Aya-kun may be famous one day Aya-kun may be famous one day Aya-kun's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nexusolus View Post
    I wouldnt eat anything that come's out of rivers/oceans. This is because the zombies and other infected things that go into the ocean would spred the infection to some (maybe not all) marine life.
    I doubt the zombies can follow you that far out into the ocean. <.__.>
    And despite how much people are polluting the sea, we still eat food from there.
    I'm sure that the marine creatures has this instinct to hide in the depth of the ocean when the surface is screwed up. <@_@> *is confused by own words*

Come to think about it.. What is the birds starts to mutate and attack from the sky?
    D.O.O.M. <x_x>lll

Otaku Maskot Kombat Champion Titanofdeath is off to a good start Titanofdeath's Avatar
    Thanks

I doubt the zombies can follow you that far out into the ocean. <.__.>
    And despite how much people are polluting the sea, we still eat food from there.
    I'm sure that the marine creatures has this instinct to hide in the depth of the ocean when the surface is screwed up. <@_@> *is confused by own words*

Come to think about it.. What is the birds starts to mutate and attack from the sky?
    D.O.O.M. <x_x>lll
    Ok zombies cant swim but i think that sharks would attack them and also the fish can swim by them there a also crok, and whales and they could follow you cause they dont need to breath.

"Be the change that you want to see in the world." "A nation's culture resides in the hearts and in the soul of its people. " "Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever." Quote Mohandas Gandhi

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Titanofdeath View Post
    Ok zombies cant swim but i think that sharks would attack them and also the fish can swim by them there a also crok, and whales and they could follow you cause they dont need to breath.

I don't quite get you but are you trying to say that the marine creatures that crosses path with the zombies will carry the infection?
    And if we consume those marine creatures, we die? <.__.>{?]

Seriously, when I posted here.. I thought everyone was going to ignore sheep and now sheep is getting the bashing. <x_x>

Otaku Oroboros Champion nexusolus is off to a good start nexusolus's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't quite get you but are you trying to say that the marine creatures that crosses path with the zombies will carry the infection?
    And if we consume those marine creatures, we die? <.__.>{?]

Seriously, when I posted here.. I thought everyone was going to ignore sheep and now sheep is getting the bashing. <x_x>
    oh no i agree that the middle of the ocean on say an oil tanker with alot of provisions would be one of the best ways to aviod zombies. i just think it could be possibly a very bad idea to eat fish out of the ocean. lol the only thing wrong with it is that you might not know how to pilot a oil tanker (let alone by urself).

Made by me.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nexusolus View Post
    oh no i agree that the middle of the ocean on say an oil tanker with alot of provisions would be one of the best ways to aviod zombies. i just think it could be possibly a very bad idea to eat fish out of the ocean. lol the only thing wrong with it is that you might not know how to pilot a oil tanker (let alone by urself).
    But it's anytime better than living on land.. <x_x>
    I can't imagine running away from zombies on foot.
    Besides... If the marine nutrients are so contaminated, what makes anyone think that the food on land is any better? <T_T>

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast