+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cain Velasquez highlights a fantastic night of fighting

Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Thanks

Cain Velasquez highlights a fantastic night of fighting

UFC made its Australian debut with UFC 110. Never have I felt so good to be upset. Joe Daddy lost in a grand decision to Soteropoulus. Ryan Bader may have knocked the ink off keith jardine's contract. To top it off the up-and-comer Cain defeated the established veteran Nog with the most astonishing display of strikes since the heyday of Vitor Belfort when he ripped through Tiligman, Ferrozo and Abbott.

I think for his efforts it should be Cain who gets a shot at Carwin for the Interim heavy weight championship. What did you think of the down under premier.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Re: Cain Velasquez highlights a fantastic night of fighting

I expected Velasquez to win the main event. Noguiera the elder has slowed down a lot since his Pride days. Took too many damage over the years I reckon. Velasquez is on a roll right now and I wouldn't mind him challenging for the title when Lesnar returns. Should be a good match up.

Silva got the win he desperately needed but it's no secret that he too is on the way out.

Jardine has a problem with not adapting and repairing the holes in his defence. I think trainers and coaches are finding it to be easier and easier to pick him apart.

Perosh was brave to take a fight with Filipovic on such a short notice but it went pretty much how one would expect from a late replacement.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Hassun For This Useful Post:

!beast (Feb 21, 2010)

Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Cain Velasquez highlights a fantastic night of fighting

No doubt that Anthony Perosh was brave and will go down in history along with Wepner, as an athlete that did far better than anyone expected. The days of jobbers winning tournaments is over. Paulo Thiago is one of the more recent guys in that vain to win and of course steve Jennum way back in the day went all the way on to win a tournament.

+ Reply to Thread