+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Combat Sport

Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Thanks

Favorite Combat Sport

Some people love to watch a technical match or an out and out slug fest, which ever you prefer, generally speaking people general have a favorite combat sport and style. I love mma and jiu jitsu. They are excellent. Boxing only really deals with punching so most of the time whoever throws the most punches and has the longest reach wins. MMA is more unpredictable. And athletes tend to be a bit older so it makes for more facinating fights. I love it. And Judo tournaments just facinate the hell out of me with using your opponents body for you and against him, it is awesome. I never liked point tournaments, you know the full contact karate or hapkido. What do you like?

Otaku Brandon Grave Heat is off to a good start
    Thanks

Talking Re: Favorite Combat Sport

I like all type of wrestling and I like and kick boxing, Krate, kung fu, and the rest of those hand to hand fighting styles and the weapons that come with them as well

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Brandon Grave Heat For This Useful Post:

!beast (Aug 26, 2009)

Banned Blobber Champion, Spiffyspeud Champion, Knockturn Alley Champion, Feed Lindsay Lohan Champion, Satisfaction Champion, Narnia - Rapid Retreat Champion, Matrix Dock Defense Champion, Defend the Attack Champion, Uncover the Imposter Champion, Kong v/s New York Champion, Resident Evil Apocalypse Champion The Beatle is off to a good start
    Thanks

Re: Favorite Combat Sport

Me I like Kick boxing ,Krate,and Kung Fu (like Brandon Grave Heat) because it takes alot of skill and you have to know what your doing unlike a slugfest were its just a bunch of idiots hitting each other. Whats also great about these sports is that if they (and they will) hit you your going to stay down and keep down which is nice cause you know how much force the guy is sending out.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to The Beatle For This Useful Post:

!beast (Aug 26, 2009)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Grave Heat View Post
    I like all type of wrestling and I like and kick boxing, Krate, kung fu, and the rest of those hand to hand fighting styles and the weapons that come with them as well
    I love a great weapons exhibition as well. I especially love the bow staff. I imagine in the old days some ninja putting one acrosss his shoulders pretending to carry some water, and as soon as his pray is near, bam. He just pulls out all the stops and goes full at it, killing two adversaries.

Otaku Brandon Grave Heat is off to a good start
    Thanks

Yes they did to bulid up the arms So the Staff would lighter to them in a fight.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Brandon Grave Heat For This Useful Post:

!beast (Aug 28, 2009)

Teddy Bear =^_^= Bean Hunter Champion Frozen Rose may be famous one day Frozen Rose's Avatar
    Thanks

>< i don't have one really XD well i don't watch these stuff , i have seen enough fighting in my life >,< so i don't watch this kind of sports ... i like all type of sports but this type isn't mine >,< ... =^_^=
    http://www.animeonline.net/avatars/frozen-rose-62446.gif?type=sigpic&dateline=1230225100
    My Dreams Become Like The Rainbow
    Love Like the Wind You Can't See It But You Can Feel It

Devoted Otaku Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose's Avatar
    Thanks

I actually really love boxing. I was taking boxing before I got into martial arts. I study Jeet Kune Do, which is pretty intense.

What most people don't understand about boxing is that it's not just punching. There's seriously a LOT more to it than just hitting.

Anyone can put on a pair of gloves and throw a punch. But it takes form, skill, endurance, and a lot of training to be able to land one of those punches. You have to understand how to move within the ring and with your opponent. You have to be able to take intense training every single. You also have to be able to take a punch, which most anyone just can't do. But all of that goes with any combat sport, really... You can't just hop in a ring... it's a daily practice. Trust me on that!

I MMA althletes as just that: Athletes. Those guys work hard. But it's not really my thing. I'll watch it, but eh... Doesn't really do much for me. I've seen a few really good fights, though. But they all know a bunch of different styles, so to me that's not Mixed Martial Arts... I want to see one style VS another... Now THAT is awesome. LOL!

I really love kick boxing, and have actually been wanting to get into myself. I also love weapons exhibitions - People can do some really fantastic things.

Muay Thai is BRUTAL. I always wanted to get in shape enough to study it. REAL Muay Thai fighters train literally constantly. They wake up, eat, fight, eat, fight, eat, fight a bit more, then sleep. Now THAT'S hardcore. A match with a real Muay Thai fighter can be pretty intense... I love the brute force of it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Spike'sRose View Post
    I was taking boxing before I got into martial arts. I study Jeet Kune Do, which is pretty intense.
    Jeet Kune Do, isn't that the style that Bruce Lee used, and Spike from cowboy bebop?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast