+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Company Goes Downhill

Zev
    SuperModZilla Zev is making a name for themselves Zev is making a name for themselves Zev's Avatar
    Thanks

Company Goes Downhill

So my work often adds new policies and changes things on a weekly basis.

[/Start Rant]

This weeks worst idea ever, is their new "Smile or we will send you home."

lol If you don't look happy they will send you home without pay, which will also count against your attendance. We get 3 sick days every 3 months, so if you have more than 3 bad days in 3 months, they will fire you!

Rather than trying to make the employees happy, they force them to take it or be fired.

It's pretty much like they want to work us to death and use us as much as possible until we can't meet their goals, or we crack under the pressure and quit.

Today we had a meeting saying that we are not only suppose to take our escalated calls. as well as regular phone calls. Which they don't even need us to take regular phone calls. They just wanted to hold us accountable for meeting another stat, a stat that everyone else would get a bonus for meeting, except for us!

Basically they are saying meet our goals, you will get no incentive for meeting them except they may not fire you. hahaha

Which us managers are kind of mad about because, one time we had a meeting with the Vice President, we asked her if we would be held accountable for this goal, and she told us that we would not! We told our boss and our boss said "Oh well, that is what the memo says."

It just a lot of stress to add on to us. If you have never worked in a call center, then I will explain the goals we have to meet.

Average Handle Time, we have 5-6 minutes to average at for each call.
    Hold time, counts the minutes we have the customers on hold for.
    Transfer time, how many times we transfer the customer.
    Wrap time, how long we finish notating an account.
    Adjustments, counts up the amount of adjustments we give per call.
    Sales, they track offers made, offers accepted, and declined.
    Quality, Some one listens to the calls and grades us on every aspect of the call.
    Schedule Adherence, when and how long to take breaks and lunches.
    First Call Resolution, if you resolved your customers issue the first time they called in.
    Customer Issue Resolve, customers take surveys on the calls 2 days later, and you have to make them happy from their view point.

They have charts, stats, about every aspect of your performance. If you are not meeting goal even if its just in one area, they fire you. It's already a stressful job with out them having to add to it. For us supervisors who take only escalated calls, they have us on unrealistic, ever increasing goals for our stats. No one is meeting them, because its impossible. It mirrors the goals for the agents who take 40-80 calls a day compared to us which we might take 3-13 calls a day.

[/End Rant]

Lol Ok, I just had to say it because its getting really bad and I don't usually stress out much. No one at work listens to me, or the complaints/suggestions that we make.
    Last edited by Zev; Oct 28, 2009 at 10:37 PM.

Signature is a Gwenibe original.

Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Company Goes Downhill

Sounds liek the dumbest thing I have ever heard of.

Otaku POOHEAD189 is off to a good start POOHEAD189's Avatar
    Thanks

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, your job reminds me a lot of my work. Ridiculous things that make no sense. It gets annoying but when I read about something just like it, I can't help but rofl. Smile or leave, I need to make a poster of that and put it in my front yard.
    Crazy people don't know they're going crazy. They think they're getting saner.

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

if it makes you feel any better, back in the 1700-1800s, plantation owners in the West Indies found it cheaper to work their slaves to death than to properly feed and clothe them. . .

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Abu brings in such happy and sunshiney news.

No but seriously, this reminds me of all those posters that every artist/cartoonist puts in their pieces. Posters like: "Give up, work." "Work." "Working makes you happy!" "Just Work, the pain will go away in time." "Smile and work!" "You are Happy!"

etc etc.

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Happiness is mandatory citizen!

Zev
    SuperModZilla Zev is making a name for themselves Zev is making a name for themselves Zev's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Abu Dhabi View Post
    if it makes you feel any better, back in the 1700-1800s, plantation owners in the West Indies found it cheaper to work their slaves to death than to properly feed and clothe them. . .
    Oddly, that does help!

It's so stupid. lol I should make a poster that says "Smile or Leave!" and hang it on my desk.

Today people used face paint, and painted freaky smiles on their faces. I didn't because I didn't want to look stupid.

Signature is a Gwenibe original.

+ Reply to Thread