+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Crazy Landlord

Zev
    SuperModZilla Zev is making a name for themselves Zev is making a name for themselves Zev's Avatar
    Thanks

Crazy Landlord

My mother and my landlord got into a fight. My mother does not live with me. But because my landlord is mad at my mother, she is kicking me out.

My landlord had came into my place when I was sleeping and stole all my keys. The keys to the door of my place, my keys to my parents house, like all the keys I own except my car key which I guess she couldn't find that. She left my mother a angry note, in my place! She is totally ridiculous. Now I can't lock my own door, because if I do, I can't get back in. So anyone can just come into my place and steal whatever now.

I called the police and they said they would "try" to get my keys back. Its been 2 days, I still don't have them back. The police said the only thing I could do is file I civil suit against her. Civil suit sounds like a pain in the neck.

Now am super sick, tired, and I have to find a safe new place to live really soon.

Signature is a Gwenibe original.

Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Crazy Landlord

Why is your mom fighting with your landlord? I hope you get your keys back.

Newbie charon is off to a good start
    Thanks

That really sucks. I bet that it would only take a single letter from a lawyer to get your keys back (or just change the locks yourself). After that, it's apartment hunting time 'cause your landlord is crazy.

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

wait... your land-Lord came into your apartment BEFORE he has issued an eviction notice? Illegal as all Hell Zev. They have a legal term for that: Trespassing. Your landlord can't come into your apartment for any reason without your express permission.

Court case sounds like the only options if the cops can't get the job done.

Zev
    SuperModZilla Zev is making a name for themselves Zev is making a name for themselves Zev's Avatar
    Thanks

My landlord told me yesterday she was going to have me arrested for trespassing if I was still here tomorrow. And she stated that she hopes I have bail money to get out of jail.

Which by Missouri law she has to file eviction papers first, then I have to receive them, then I have 30 days. At this point she is just coming over to harass me, because she has no life.

I already leased a nicer apartment, and I can't wait to move in. I think its gonna be great living there.

Signature is a Gwenibe original.

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

If you have the money, I say sue her for the 'damages' from 'undue emotional hardship' to cover the cost of relocating

+ Reply to Thread