+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ear Shot

Zev
    SuperModZilla Zev is making a name for themselves Zev is making a name for themselves Zev's Avatar
    Thanks

Ear Shot

So I'm sitting in my closet, with the doors shut in the complete dark. I turned my tv on, so I can't hear the noise in the other rooms. Hoping that no one will find me here. Today was horrible.

I woke up around noon, went to eat breakfast. My mom was still at my house. During my breakfast she starting complaining that I sleep in too late. Then continued talking about how much she hates her ex-boyfriend, starting reading me her personal text messages off her phone. She goes an tells me about all her problems etc blah, blah, blah.

I get up and walk away, I figured if I acted like I was busy maybe she would leave me alone. So I balanced my check book, paid my bills, sent off my mail in rebate on my new phone, did my laundry, hooked up my printer to my computer. Then she comes to may room and starts showing me her new text messages because she got in a text fight with her boyfriend's ex-girlfriend, she was taking things way over the top! One swear word after another.

I walked outside, cleaned out my car. Threw away all the soda bottles, dusted it, vacuumed the carpet and the seat, washed the floor mats, febreezed the interior. Now my car not only looks cleans, but smells clean too.

Then I come back inside, and start unpacking some boxes that I still havn't unpacked from 3 weeks ago. My roommate came home, so my roommate is like in love with my mom, he always has been. They get drunk and start talking loudly. I have extremely good hearing, and that does not help things. So they talk about everything, her ex boyfriends, how they used to be together (which I did not know that.)

Somehow my mom starts talking about me, I don't even know how they got on that subject. She said that my father told her that I was messed up and unsociable. And that I needed help. Nobody really understands me, I suppose. I have worked in customer care for 3 plus years now, I talk to a lot of people each day, and I like my silence from time to time. I wouldn't say there is anything wrong with me, I have lots of friends. Really if my friends say I have a problem, then I probably do. My parents just don't know the person that I am, I wish they would back off and leave me alone. Thats why I try to stay away from them.

I really envy those kids that act like brats because their parents were so great to them.

Anyways, I don't care what people think of me even if it is my father saying it. I just want to be left alone! I'm tired of the drama, and being dragged into things. I really just want to relax, joke around with my friends, and have a fun happy life. I make my own living, I don't need my mother my father or anyone to cause drama in my life. It's ridiculous.

I'm about ready to yell at her "Just leave me alone, for the love of god!" I know she would take too harshly. I would be put on a guilt trip instead. So I'm just going to smile and take my torture like a grown up, because I can't freaking get my mom to shut her mouth for a minute. She talks my ear off. Worst part is she isn't leaving my house until Tuesday.

I think her heart is in the right place, however my mother is inadvertently trying to break me down.

To sum it all up, I'm hiding in my closet in my own house.
    Last edited by Zev; Sep 06, 2009 at 08:34 PM.

Signature is a Gwenibe original.

Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Ear Shot

That is ridiculous that you have to hide in your own house. Maybe your mother just goes out with this guy because she wants to feel miserable. It gives her an excuse to break down and run over and annoy you so she doesn't have to deal with her problems that are manufactured by herself. But remember that if someone stays at your house long enough according to the law they are legally residents, and it becomes much harder to kick them out. Hopefully for you she will leave tuesday, if not, I say ask nicely once and if that does not do the trick get the police to show up and walk her out. And you are fine.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Judging by this situation and your co-worker problem at work I would say that you need to learn to put your foot down.

Is that so called guilt trip really worse than this whole mess? I would say no.

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

( ^_^) but on the bright side, you did get a lot of stuff done!

Zev
    SuperModZilla Zev is making a name for themselves Zev is making a name for themselves Zev's Avatar
    Thanks

I would put my foot down if it was anyone other than my emotionally unstable mother. Today am going to tell her that she can stay here, however she is not going to drink. And she is not going to follow me around with her phone trying to show me her text messages and she is not going to talk about her ex boyfriends. And if she does, I'm going to hand her a tent and say "Get out!"

Quote Originally Posted by Abu Dhabi View Post
    ( ^_^) but on the bright side, you did get a lot of stuff done!
    I know right! I still have more stuff to do though, I lost my camera in one of my boxes I packed. Then I forgot which one it was, next time I need to label them better.

Signature is a Gwenibe original.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zev View Post
    Today am going to tell her that she can stay here, however she is not going to drink. And she is not going to follow me around with her phone trying to show me her text messages and she is not going to talk about her ex boyfriends. And if she does, I'm going to hand her a tent and say "Get out!"
    That's called "putting your foot down". Atta girl.
    Now you just have to make sure you actually enforce the rules you have set.
    Zero tolerance, or a three strikes rule. Either way set the limits clearly.

+ Reply to Thread