+ Reply to Thread

Thread: If only I had the energy.

Zev
    SuperModZilla Zev is making a name for themselves Zev is making a name for themselves Zev's Avatar
    Thanks

If only I had the energy.

I feel so sick, will I ever get better? I'm starting to just give up hope. My anemia is like killing me, am suppose to take 3 iron pills a day, they make me want to throw up. I think people are starting to think am anorexic because of them. I even threw up in a trash can at work, and like 100 people kept asking me if am "ok". I absolutely can't stand people asking me stupid questions when I'm sick, I just want them to leave me the hell alone!

My doctor was suppose to call me back about the other ways to get iron, but no, I received no call back. I guess they don't care about my health. If I had the energy to be mad, I would.

Signature is a Gwenibe original.

Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: If only I had the energy.

Hope you get well very soon. I came down witrh the flu nd was bed bound for a week or two.

Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm anemic also... I never take iron orally either... ick. Im supposed to take vitamins daily but I don't stomach them well, so I dont. which I suppose would lead to anemia.

What I know is, you can raise your iron the most normal way. Which would be to stick to an iron rich diet. But, if you're too low.... its hard to get caught up like that. Im surprised they didn't offer you IV iron.

It sucks.... you gotta sit in a room for a couple hours with a needle in your arm. But... it works. I've done it before. Then, to maintain it... you'd only need a low dose of the oral stuff (which is famous for causing nausea) If I were you I'd tell them you want an iron transfusion instead of such a high dose of the pills.

Oooohhh and watch out for calcium... something about absorbing calcium makes your body not absorb the iron too well. So.. avoid calcium (like an hour before, and after?) of the time of taking your iron.
    ... Not Ever Again...

Railgun Assimilate Champion Sazuka may be famous one day Sazuka may be famous one day Sazuka's Avatar
    Thanks

Oh goood. I've been out of work all week because of a bout of anemia. My doctor was supposed to give me the results of my labs today but he left and never released them, so now I have to wait until Monday for them... if I last that long. I hope I don't have to go to the hospital.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Now there is an old fashion remedy for iron deficiency that actually works. Use cast-iron cookware. The acids normally present in foods will continuously leach iron from the pot. Their a pain to keep clean, but at least you don't have to worry about using non-scratch cooking utensils...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Zev
    SuperModZilla Zev is making a name for themselves Zev is making a name for themselves Zev's Avatar
    Thanks

Is that even safe to use cast iron? It just sounds poisonous.

Yeah, my doctor finally called me back and said that I needed a form of iron that is only in pills and there were no alternatives.

Signature is a Gwenibe original.

+ Reply to Thread