+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: More Money for Chile too?

Zev
    SuperModZilla Zev is making a name for themselves Zev is making a name for themselves Zev's Avatar
    Thanks

More Money for Chile too?

Chili got hit with an earthquake today. Oh no! I foresee many more donation commercials, and fundraisers on tv soon.

Because I mean if we donated to Haiti, we have to do something for Chile too, right?

It hasn't even happened yet and I'm already annoyed, again. Its bad enough I had to constantly hear about Haiti for the last month and how they need our help, for the next month it's going to be all about Chile. Asking people to donate to them!
    Last edited by Zev; Feb 27, 2010 at 04:06 PM.

Signature is a Gwenibe original.

Railgun Assimilate Champion Sazuka may be famous one day Sazuka may be famous one day Sazuka's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: More Money for Chili too?

Right, because no one in their right mind donates anything to people squished by buildings unless there is a serious reiteration of how bad the situation is every where you go.

Zev
    SuperModZilla Zev is making a name for themselves Zev is making a name for themselves Zev's Avatar
    Thanks

Hey its your call if you want to donate to them. I'm just stating that am sick and tired of constantly hearing about every countries disaster for months, and being expected to give money. I think to be a country, they should be expected to be able to help themselves.

Last time when we helped out Haiti, I get people complaining about donations. People who donated money to Haiti, then call in when they get their bill in the mail and demand their 10 bucks back. The economy is so bad, and thats a good example of why they shouldn't ask for donations.

And I know I'm like the only person who feels this way, but whatever its just the way I feel. I hear people complaining that they can't pay their bill, etc, I talk to people all across America everyday and I hear their problems, and now we have to help other countries with their problems. Not like any country is willing to help out the U.S. Maybe its my job that makes me feel this way, I'm just tired of being caught in the middle of every little problem.
    Last edited by Zev; Feb 27, 2010 at 11:59 AM.

Railgun Assimilate Champion Sazuka may be famous one day Sazuka may be famous one day Sazuka's Avatar
    Thanks

It's kind of depressing for you to see it that way. America's just trying to do it's best for a less-than fortunate country.

I didn't donate because I couldn't afford to. And it's not like the country is demanding it.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Even before the earthquake Haiti was the poorest country of the American continent. I don't think you can really compare the two just yet. Even after our bankers had their fun paying themselves and destabilizing the economy.
    Also remember that we got rich by exploiting places like Haiti in the first place.
    Nor is it so simple that you can think that if the USA didn't send donations to Haiti they would suddenly come up with the same amount to help the poor in their own country.

Zev
    Thanks

Just of curiosity Hassun, what did your country do for Haiti?

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Re: More Money for Chile too?

Didn't really follow it. There were some television and radio actions and a sum was donated. I don't know how much though.
    Europe probably sent the usual assortment of doctors and helping hands as well I think.

Otaku POOHEAD189 is off to a good start POOHEAD189's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: More Money for Chile too?

HEY EVERYONE! I'M BACK!

Anyway, yeah there will probably be more donations. Although I doubt they will do what they did with the haiti donations. They got plenty of celebrities to answer the donation phone calls from people.
    Crazy people don't know they're going crazy. They think they're getting saner.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast