+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Not Celebrating Christmas

Zev
    SuperModZilla Zev is making a name for themselves Zev is making a name for themselves Zev's Avatar
    Thanks

Not Celebrating Christmas

Christmas used to be my favorite holiday, except in the last 2 years, its grown to be one of my least favorite. So I decided not to celebrate it anymore.

I'm all grown up now, I usually never like much that people buy me. Also due to the lack of family. I don't get along with my Grandma, my other Grandma lives far away. My father has a new family now that he celebrates Christmas with, and my Mom said she was not celebrating Christmas this year because she has no job.

I have decided to buy myself gifts and leave it at that, no decorating and all the jazz. It will be an easy Christmas, maybe drink a little eggnog and kick back.

It should be better than last Christmas, I was in the hospital last Christmas.

I worry about my mom not celebrating though because the holidays are depressing when you have barely any family around and I'm not sure she can handle it.

I'm interested to know if most of you have a happy Christmas, or you think its just another depressing holiday?

Signature is a Gwenibe original.

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Not Celebrating Christmas

Always have a happy Christmas on my end.

I love shopping for other people. I never really look at what they want (I know for a fact that everything that they tell or show me that they want, will most probably be bought by a closer family/friend of theirs... not worth the risk), I usually give them something they didn't expect - but would like it. Unexpected, yet still good-great, y'know?

It's like a scavenger hunt game, but I wasn't given a scavenger hunt list, I was given a few clues. And with those clues I get to try to solve the problem of "what would they like?"...
    And if I can't figure it out, I follow my gut and pick up a seemingly "right" present at some random location in the store.

It helps that I have people to give presents TO, though.
    ...then again, even when I had NO ONE to give presents to, I gave presents to a few online friends.

...in the end: I always end up giving presents, and I love it. (I wasn't always like this though... it's as if some Christmas bug bit me in my highschool years)

Hope you have a great semi-Christmas! Enjoy the nog and watch some good TV/movies!

Otaku Brandon Grave Heat is off to a good start
    Thanks

I have read your entry

Are you sure that you want to turn your back on Christams? Even if all the holiday have to comerical these days. well have a merry christmas any way
    there is alaways for christams well have a merry christmas any way?

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

Aw! i'm sorry about your troubles Zev!

. . . maybe do some Christmas time volunteering? helping other people have a good Christmas might help you to have a good Christmas~

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Or you might have a homeless person throw their food at you because they're a brat.

Good times?

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

I don't celebrate Christmas either, never have really. 6 days later you can celebrate the New Year.

Otaku POOHEAD189 is off to a good start POOHEAD189's Avatar
    Thanks

I am a traditional guy, I always celebrate christmas. I hope I have a good one this year, and I hope you have a better one as well.
    Crazy people don't know they're going crazy. They think they're getting saner.

Zev
    SuperModZilla Zev is making a name for themselves Zev is making a name for themselves Zev's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Soshi Kitai View Post
    Always have a happy Christmas on my end.

I love shopping for other people. I never really look at what they want (I know for a fact that everything that they tell or show me that they want, will most probably be bought by a closer family/friend of theirs... not worth the risk), I usually give them something they didn't expect - but would like it. Unexpected, yet still good-great, y'know?

It's like a scavenger hunt game, but I wasn't given a scavenger hunt list, I was given a few clues. And with those clues I get to try to solve the problem of "what would they like?"...
    And if I can't figure it out, I follow my gut and pick up a seemingly "right" present at some random location in the store.

It helps that I have people to give presents TO, though.
    ...then again, even when I had NO ONE to give presents to, I gave presents to a few online friends.

...in the end: I always end up giving presents, and I love it. (I wasn't always like this though... it's as if some Christmas bug bit me in my highschool years)

Hope you have a great semi-Christmas! Enjoy the nog and watch some good TV/movies!
    Do you dress up like Santa Claus too? You sure sound like Santa. :P

Volunteering.. hmm never really thought about doing that, not sure as its worth it, I really don't like most people. I wouldn't stand for a homeless person throwing food at me. Plus am not really a giving person like you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    I don't celebrate Christmas either, never have really. 6 days later you can celebrate the New Year.
    Why don't you celebrate? What do you do on Christmas, do you just treat it like an ordinary day?
    Last edited by Zev; Dec 04, 2009 at 10:32 PM.

Signature is a Gwenibe original.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast