+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Not Celebrating Christmas

Messenger of Despair Hive Hero Champion dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Not Celebrating Christmas

Well, as much as I still love the holidays, I'll respect your decision.
    I guess when you grow up it gets less important, doesn't it?
    I can only imagine what my parents go through every year now with me...>_<;;

P.S. Santa Hat rocks! xD
    http://www.animeonline.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=7987&dateline=1181515  689
    I won't let this world exist without me! If I die, we all die! / Avatar & Signature by anime_8000.

Zev
    SuperModZilla Zev is making a name for themselves Zev is making a name for themselves Zev's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    Yeah, just the December 25. Even among more religious relatives, it's a more subdued holiday. Probably because they don't like the whole commercial side of it.
    That and the fact that Christmas isn't seen as the main holiday out here. Gifts are exchanged at New Year.
    I thought Christmas was big in your country! I have never gotten a New Years present before, sounds better than celebrating Christmas anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by beast View Post
    Honestly spending christmas away from family can be a good thing. You get so cuaght up in consumerism that it stresses out every part of the holidays. I can see why you would not celebrate it.
    I am kinda a shopaholic so consumerism doesn't stress me out. I did like wrapping gifts, I wrap pretty well. Am going to miss being surprised, I guess its all just a part of growing up.

Signature is a Gwenibe original.

Wilde Beast GiG Racer Champion EmoNightmareRose may be famous one day EmoNightmareRose's Avatar
    Thanks

Christmas to be means doing something that makes me happy. I get to be selfish on holidays. Why? because waiting up on families to make it wastes time unless it's dysfunction proof.
    So I just do something to make myself happy, so it's not depressing for me. Sure a little lonely sometimes, but that's because I haven't found someone to spend it with besides friends and don't intend to soon.

So just kick back and relax. To be honest, one thing I really like about Christmas is buying gifts for others instead of receiving them, so that preoccupies my time. Not to mention that I don't decorate because I don't feel like it and I sometimes just walk around and see other peoples lights and stuff. Tradition doesn't make the holiday.

Newbie Japxican may be famous one day Japxican may be famous one day Japxican's Avatar
    Here, there, anywhere...kinda like eating green eggs and ham.
    Thanks

Christmas is usually the biggest family event of the year. Although this Christmas is a little different. We'll only have 7 of us instead of 11 like last year. But it will be good. Can't wait to go home, relax, hang out with friends and take my younger siblings sledding. I'm noticing that as I get older, I focus less on the want and more on the need. And I don't really need anything, really, except for clothes which I can buy myself (when I have money). I treasure the family time.

Wilde Beast GiG Racer Champion EmoNightmareRose may be famous one day EmoNightmareRose's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah...that expectation right there is why Christmas sucks at my house.

I mean, seriously Norman Rockwell was a good painter, but now his paintings are a torturous expectation. Like seriously. It's almost as bad as my girlfriend telling me she'll always be disappointing the male gender is because she grew up with the Disney expectation of this:

Gee, thanks.

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Well, technically there ARE guys like that.
    They're hard to find, and women are always fighting over them.

...usually the guy ends up with the one with the most guts.

...that painting pretty much explained how our Christmases used to be. Back before a huge family in-fighting that broke us apart.
    Christmas is still awesome and great, but we're not all singing carols and playing games like we used to.
    ....... I don't mind really. Singing hymns and carols took away time that we could've spent all playing video games.

Everyone playing video games: Still a tradition in our Christmas. Thanks to yours truly.

Zev
    SuperModZilla Zev is making a name for themselves Zev is making a name for themselves Zev's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Soshi Kitai View Post
    Well, technically there ARE guys like that.
    Really? Prince charmings exist? Cute and everything? If you know any feel free to send them my way.

Signature is a Gwenibe original.

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

It'll be easy to find them, considering they're just as common as the female kakapo.

I'll be sure to send them your way.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast