+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Out For Blood

Zev
    SuperModZilla Zev is making a name for themselves Zev is making a name for themselves Zev's Avatar
    Thanks

Out For Blood

Ok so on Friday I was at work, I just got done taking a 30 minute escalation and I was leaving work in an hour and a half. I hadn't taken my last break yet, so I planned on notating this account and then going to break.

So this girl I work with, keep in mind we are both supervisors, comes up to me and says "I'm leaving in 6 minutes, can you take this escalation for me?" While I was finishing notating this account, and then going to break. So I said "Well I would if I wasn't going to break in as soon as I'm done with this account."

So she gets mad, and then she ends up staying like 23 minutes after her shift. Which it happens, sometimes people get stuck on long calls.

Anyways she ends up telling our boss that I was just sitting at my computer for 30 minutes doing nothing while she was working extremely hard! (When in fact she was trying to dump her duties on to me.)

My boss just asked me what my side of the story was, so I told her.

Anyways I think she is out to get me now.

So what do you guys think? Should I have taken the escalation off her hands so she could go home on time, and just have taken my break extremely late? Or did I do the right thing?

Signature is a Gwenibe original.

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Out For Blood

I think you did the right thing, if only for your schedule adherence score.

If she didn't like that, well tough cookies, she shouldn't be trying to dump work on her co-workers.

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

but you might have an enemy on the office floor, and that's never fun~

but unless she had something important to go to, all i have to say is, "Them's the breaks, kid!"

Otaku Ishamael may be famous one day Ishamael may be famous one day Ishamael's Avatar
    Thanks

I would say it depends on the relationship you had with the co-worker before this incident. If you guys were buddies before it happened then I would have taken the extra work but told her that I would be expecting the same kind of favor in the future. Once you start a give and take relationship like that with a co-worker it can make your life a lot easier, but there has to be a foundation of friendship for it to be successful in my opinion.
    "Who said I'm pissed?" - Silverskater145
    "That gigantic wall of text you posted did a pretty good job of it." - Raven Omega

Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Thanks

You did the right thing, I mean you can't be a door mat.

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

You did the right thing.

... it would have even been right-er if you jabbed her in the rib while you passed by her.

....... no, no it wouldn't be right-er. I'm just in a punchin' mood.
    *punch punch*

Otaku POOHEAD189 is off to a good start POOHEAD189's Avatar
    Thanks

I would say it depends on the relationship you had with the co-worker before this incident. If you guys were buddies before it happened then I would have taken the extra work but told her that I would be expecting the same kind of favor in the future. Once you start a give and take relationship like that with a co-worker it can make your life a lot easier, but there has to be a foundation of friendship for it to be successful in my opinion.
    Yeah I agree, it would depend if I knew her, or on what mood I'm in. Sometimes Ican be extremely nice. But sometimes I planned on a break...so thats what I'm gonna do.

+ Reply to Thread