+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sharp Objects [Just a silly rant]

Zev
    SuperModZilla Zev is making a name for themselves Zev is making a name for themselves Zev's Avatar
    Thanks

Sharp Objects [Just a silly rant]

Ok, so at my work they give out anniversary awards. First year you get a coaster, second year a post it holder, and third year was a leather portfolio. After 10 years you get a day at the spa or a gym membership. I plan on taking the day at the spa, if I'm around for 6 years, and 10 months.

However they have changed it, so now you get to pick your own gifts out a of book they hand out. Which sucks because they only order them every quarter so I won't get to order mine till October.

I got to look at the book though, and they have pocket knives, kitchen knives, throwing knives. They just have a lot of knife options, someone who works in customer care for 3 years or more, knives really aren't something they should give us an option for. lol

It kind of got me thinking though, I have already invested so much time working for this company, do I want to keep working there the rest of my life?

We have had good times and bad times with the constant changes that they make. Every week 2 or 3 things change. They have been changing my call que around like a freaking yoyo. Some days I won't be put in any que, somedays I will be in que for an hour, sometimes it would be for the whole day. I have to remember which calls I'm taking, because I have my supervisor call opening script and my regular call opening script. My mind is just a jumble. I'm stressed because I never know what to expect.

I don't really hate my job after working there over 3 years, but customer care is sometimes kind of stressful and mind numbing. I have said the same thing over and over maybe thousands of times by now. Considering I take 60-100 calls per day.

My first job ever, I was a lazy security guard. Hahaha it was pretty fun. Honestly I just worked the alarms systems, issued visitor badges, and checked peoples coats to make sure they weren't stealing. Then I worked in another section where I took care of the alarms, inspected tractor traitors for damage, and told truck drivers where to park, then entered it all into the computer. The job wasn't that stressful as the job I have now.

Because I didn't constantly have to be nice and let people walk all over me, I didn't have to meet a consistent amount of 12 different stats every week. I often see agents just freaking out, and cracking under the pressure. I always have to try to help them chill, then I just do their work for them pretty much. Because people don't follow directions when they freak out because of the customer yelling in their ear, the constant worry of them not meeting their statistical goals, and them not being able to understand the complex procedure to fix the customers request. Sometimes I wonder if my bosses even understand because many of them never even took calls for very long. They just sort of sit and judge, not really able to tell you how to do better. My old boss use to ask me how I had such good stats because we had people on my team that were struggling with them and she didn't know how to help them improve.

I don't know if I could handle changing jobs and going from knowing stuff back to having more questions than answers. It's just so hard for me. I guess I just need to stop thinking so much, worrying about if I have the answers or if I can help everyone, and just try to be happy where am at.
    Last edited by Zev; Sep 14, 2009 at 09:51 PM.

Signature is a Gwenibe original.

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Sharp Objects [Just a silly rant]

Sounds like a quality of life issue. Ouch.

Previous jobs sounded pretty chill, actually.

Gotta' weigh your options, of course, you knew that already....

"They just sort of sit and judge"... Isn't that what they're TAUGHT to do?
    They probably don't want to do their job just as much as you don't want to. Except they're in a higher positions so they have more of a right to procrastinate and BS everything.

Ah well, I'm sure you'll make the right choice.

Remember, those knives are always an option!

... Jk jk!

... o_o Or am I??

Zev
    SuperModZilla Zev is making a name for themselves Zev is making a name for themselves Zev's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Sharp Objects [Just a silly rant]

I make the right choice? Lol I don't know when that has ever happened!

Yeah, am so getting the kitchen knives...

Signature is a Gwenibe original.

+ Reply to Thread