+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Working the System.

Zev
    SuperModZilla Zev is making a name for themselves Zev is making a name for themselves Zev's Avatar
    Thanks

Working the System.

I talked to this lady today at work, who was totally trying to work the system. She was calling me stupid and all these names, trying to make me doubt myself so she could get her way. Its kinda funny after the millionth person who tries that approach, I've got way too much tenure to give in, and take it personal these days.

Don't get me wrong, I try to find a solution to every customer I speak with regardless of how nice they are. Because its my job to find some middle ground between the customer and the company. Some people are greedy and want it all, frankly they don't deserve it all, no matter how much they complain/cry/whine.

When I was new at my job, I remember talking to some of the worse people ever, people would try to get inside my head to bring me down. I would get so frustrated, I had nightmares of people yelling at me for the first 6 months of my job.

All the verbal abuse I have taken over the years, now I'm numb to it all. When people curse me out, I find it funny. I learned how to communicate better to people, and explain things.
    Last edited by Zev; Apr 01, 2010 at 11:47 PM.

Signature is a Gwenibe original.

You's Trollin Pro Leafblower Champion, Helicopter Champion ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Working the System.

You just don't care anymore, simple as that is it not mademoiselle

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

no, Zev does care. she cares very much. she just knows how to deal with bullsh!t now~

good job Zev! !

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah, I used to work in collections for small business and corporate cards and I got all kinds of verbal abuse over the year I was working there. I got it all from being called "stupid" to being straight cussed out and even had people trying to pull the wool over my eyes by giving me a list of their personal problems--trying to make me think they're an exception. Like they're better or worse than anyone else who owed the bank money. ^_^

It's good to see that you handle situations the way you do. I think I can handle the BS pretty well, but I'm still working on it. I got in trouble at that job one time because some guy was cussing me out and claiming that we were callin' him like 20 times a day and--upon review of the notes--we had only called him like three times a month. So, I asked him, "Are you high??" and my supervisor chewed me out, LOL.

Kudos, Zev!

+ Reply to Thread