+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Constantin
  • 1 Post By Constantin

Thread: Fan Fiction and False Myths--- Let's deal with it here and now

Newbie Constantin may be famous one day Constantin's Avatar
    Thanks

Red face Fan Fiction and False Myths--- Let's deal with it here and now

I have heard a thousand myths about many characters that seem to lack any support from manga or databook. Usually these myths are attributed to some "famous interview" with Kishi.
    Here i will post myths that are yet to be certified. Feel free to post other myths you've heard.
    Also feel free to validate any of these myths with evidence of the original source. It will be very appreciated. Thanks!!

List of false myths:

1,Minato, the strongest dead shinobi.

"As far as dead shinobis goes, then yes, he's the strongest. I'd say that Sandaime shares the number one spot with him. As far as living shinobis goes... well, without going into many details I'd have to say no. There's a couple of shinobis whose stronger than him."

Above is an excerpt from the famous interview which is claimed to have been published in the March 2008 Shonen Jump. The only problem is that not a single member of any forum can provide a raw scan of this interview. Bottom line; this is fake. Please put an original source up here if you happen to have it. It will be well appreciated.

This myth is most likely a direct product of Minato Fanhype
    Cowboy Bebop likes this.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Constantin For This Useful Post:

Cowboy Bebop (Oct 10, 2011)

Thanks

Re: Fan Fiction and False Myths--- Let's deal with it here and now

Hiruzen has counter to all MS and EMS jutsus

"Hiruzen in his Prime was able to counter every Leaf Jutsu in Existence including all MS and EMS skills."

This was claimed to have originated somewhere from the 2nd Naruto Fanbook, although the sources constantly refuse to provide the specific page.

But the most interesting thing about this is that no one has been able to find an excerpt from the 2nd Fanbook that even deals with Hiruzen, not to even talk about any text that details his combat prowess. There is simply no mention of his combat prowess in the 2nd Fanbook. Please feel free to put of original evidence for the above myth if you have one.
    Cowboy Bebop likes this.

Thanks

Kakashi acquired MS from training
    This is a less popular myth that has been attributed to an "interview with Kishi." This is worse than the rest, in that an excerpt from where this idea come from is yet to be forged. This myth is most likely a misinterpretation of a line from the 3rd Databook dealing with Kamui which reads:

"If one spends a lot of time and trains one's chakra over and over again, this technique [Kamui] can be invoked."

Thanks

Jiraiya can stalemate Itachi and Kisame together

"The very best Kisame and Itachi could do together against Jiraiya would end in a stalemate. Kisame even said that he was no match for Jiraiya saying he was "on a whole other level." Itachi stated that even if they had reinforcements the result would be no different."

The above is an excerpt from Narutopedia (October 2011) and has been claimed by many to be a completely authentic information. However, nothing of such was mentioned in the manga, databooks, or fanbooks.

The myth originated from a panel in the manga where Kisame states the following: "That guy [Jiraiya] might be a match for the number one of Konoha [Itachi] and one of Kiri's seven strongest [Kisame]."

Thanks

naruto144_09.jpg
    However, the anime depiction of the above scene is consistent with Narutopedia. But the anime is generally not considered canon.

Thanks

scan_128.jpgscan_129.jpg
    Translation by Nihongaeri:

The ultimate goal of the mysterious Uchiha Madara!!

Secretly exerting true control over Akatsuki from the shadows, Uchiha Madara, though masking himself and acting as a clown, in reality holds a fearsome ambition!! While Akatsuki's objectives have been stated by its leader Pain to be the creation of the world's greatest forbidden jutsu weapon - a weapon to be used to cause war and force revolution upon the world - Madara's true objectives lie elsewhere!! This is what he refers to as "Operation: Lunar Eye," and it would appear to have strong connections with the legend of the Rikudō Sage, the man known as the "Shinobi God".

Quotation: "Let us make haste with 'Operation: Lunar Eye'"
    Panel: "I am one who knows the truth of Uchiha Itachi"
    Caption: Madara has revealed his past to Sasuke. Still, in regards to the "Nine-tails Incident", there seem to have been fabrications.

Despite wielding massive power, Madara nonetheless acts from behind the scenes; the reason being that injuries incurred though battling the First Hokage have never healed. As such, Madara intends on regaining his true powers and furthering them still by becoming "complete", and it is this that is the very essence of "Operation: Lunar Eye". More specifically, he intends to become host of the Ten-Tails, the combined form of the nine Tailed-Beasts. Upon possessing this power he would then become capable of casting a great genjutsu he calls "Infinite Tsukuyomi". And by using this power, bringing the entirety of humanity under his genjutsu and controlling them to meet his every whim will be but a trivial task. And thus, will Madara fulfill his true ambition, to claim the world for his own!!

Quotation: "If I had to say... I suppose my goal is to become complete"
    Panel 1: "Go to Konoha if you must, but you're a bit late now..."
    Caption: Madara's ability to pass all ninjutsu and physical attacks through his body is yet another of his mysteries.
    Panel 2: "I shall deal with the lot of you another time."
    Caption: Madara retains his sharingan. Nonetheless, he still chooses not to reveal the extent of his powers...

Uchiha Madara, one of the founders of Konoha, was defeated by the First Hokage at the "Gorge of the End" and is said to have died as a result. Even the First Hokage, the very person who fought him, was convinced of his death. So what means, exactly, have allowed Madara to live on!? Mysterious still is the fact that the current Madara pocesses a body capable of causing all attacks to pass through it. Even Madara himself admits to being a "shadow" of what he once was, but what is the true meaning of this!?

Quotation: "Everyone knows he's long since dead... You say he lives!?
    Panel: "And that is where I died... or so they say. I'm sure even Hashirama himself was convinced of it."
    Caption: Madara's death is a historical fact known to all Shinobi, but nonetheless...

+ Reply to Thread