+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 360 trouble

Hell Enforcer George Wants Beer Champion, Monkey Cliff Diving Champion, Tilt 2 Champion hellknight may be famous one day hellknight may be famous one day hellknight's Avatar
    Thanks

360 trouble

I'm having trouble with my Xbox 360, the second quadrant keeps blicking a red light and the screen shows error, does anyone have any suggestions of what this means? I think it blow or something.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: 360 trouble

Second quadrant probably means that your power supply is either done or not connected correctly. Try repluggin all the power cords. What you DONT want is all four quadrants :P

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Legendary Otaku Happy Pill Champion, Monkey Mayhem Champion NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Legend View Post
    Second quadrant probably means that your power supply is either done or not connected correctly. Try repluggin all the power cords. What you DONT want is all four quadrants :P
    indeed. the cords are most likely the reason, but if it continues and all four quadrants end up red, then you are left with a microsoft paperweight, my friend.

red ring of death ftw!
    Why hello there!

Legendary Otaku Violent may be famous one day Violent may be famous one day Violent's Avatar
    Thanks

Its your video cord that's the issue. Its not too expensive if the cord is totally ruined either 10-20$ depending on where you get it.

THE RULES!

I'm on my grind in search to find whats on my mind, its one of a kind!

Anime Online's Lesbian SasuraiHell may be famous one day SasuraiHell may be famous one day SasuraiHell's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent View Post
    Its your video cord that's the issue. Its not too expensive if the cord is totally ruined either 10-20$ depending on where you get it.
    I've recently had the same problem, trouble is, it wasnt the vid cord, i used one that works on a friends to make sure and it still didnt work., same with the power.

i had this
    E74: AV cable error... There is a problem with the AV cable, try using a different AV cable. If the cable is known to be working then there is a 90% chance it's a scaler chip problem (the "ANA" or "HANA" chip connected directly to the AV cable) in rare cases it is the GPU.
    It depends on which code you get, like so:

1.While its on and flashing red hold the 'sync' button
    2.Still holding the button you then push the 'eject' button and
    from there you should see your red lights changing quadrants., to get the code; you have to press it four times, and each light number is your 4 digit code.

4 Red lights = "0"
    1 Red Light = "1"
    2''" = "2"
    3 ''" ="3"

The problem i think i had was a 0103 or sumthing, most likely its the gpu/cpu chip. i wouldnt know. There is a page on the net (just search 'xbox 360 error codes') and they show you what exactly they mean. Personally if i get another problem with my 360 i hope its the 4lights, at least i know i can fix it.

but i did trade it for a used one with a friend for only for $30, the catch was that it wouldnt read ANY discs., So i opened that sucker up (voided warranty, but who gives a damn at this point?) and glued the little magnet bit back onto its appropriate place.

You know just by searching "xbox 360 one red light" or sumthing of that nature in google will give you a lot of hits and helpful links. Not surprising youtube has a lot of "DIY" vids that show you. It NEVER hurts to search things that are exact like "fix my xbox's power supply"(not possible btw) but sure enough, you will not be the only one to have that problem and you'll get all the info you need.

+ Reply to Thread