+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Animation

Newbie kite_vang may be famous one day kite_vang may be famous one day kite_vang's Avatar
    Thanks

Animation

ok all i want to know is wat program would i need to make a anime animation like star ocean till the end of time

Otaku gigi2005 may be famous one day gigi2005 may be famous one day
    Thanks

Re: Animation

You can use Gimp or Photoshop the have animetion options, but for Gimp you need a special download for animation, i don't know how it works whit photoshop but it should be in the programe.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

As an example of what can be done on a personal computer, 'Voices of a Distant Star' was originally made by one person working on a Macintosh G4 system. The only thing added to it for its commercial release was a professionally mixed audio track...

Voices of a Distant Star - information

(But do understand it still takes a impressive amount of skill, experience, and talent to pull something like this off. Computer graphics applications cannot substitute or replace any of these attributes...)
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Otaku know1 may be famous one day know1 may be famous one day know1's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata View Post
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

As an example of what can be done on a personal computer, 'Voices of a Distant Star' was originally made by one person working on a Macintosh G4 system. The only thing added to it for its commercial release was a professionally mixed audio track...
    The background of this short blew my mind when I first heard of it, but then I read somewhere that Makoto Shinkai actually used his work computers (he worked in various multimedia formats - Video Games, Anime). To render the scenes that he made on his Mac.

That is not to say that he wouldn't have made this without them, but I bet it helped out to have a network of professional grade workstations at your disposal for rendering.

Anyway, today's computers are well capable of doing animation. Rendering is still slow unless you have a multi-cored pc with a serious graphic card (Quadro).

Devoted Otaku ZeRoGravity may be famous one day ZeRoGravity may be famous one day ZeRoGravity's Avatar
    Thanks

Flash, 3D studio max or Maya. Don't know what program Japan uses but its a combination classical and computer. I wouldn't recommend you doing anything like this unless you had training.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by know1 View Post
    The background of this short blew my mind when I first heard of it, but then I read somewhere that Makoto Shinkai actually used his work computers (he worked in various multimedia formats - Video Games, Anime). To render the scenes that he made on his Mac.

That is not to say that he wouldn't have made this without them, but I bet it helped out to have a network of professional grade workstations at your disposal for rendering.

Anyway, today's computers are well capable of doing animation. Rendering is still slow unless you have a multi-cored pc with a serious graphic card (Quadro).
    Actually, all of the sources that I've seen (which includes the interview thats included as one of the DVD extras) claim that all of the graphics was done on that G4 over a period of 8 months. To create the Region 1 DVD release, ADV Films was shipped the 'ORIGINAL' hard disk from that Macintosh G4 with all the original rendered fames of video...

The DVD also includes the original sound track that was recorded by Mkoto Shinkai and his finance. You really only need extensive rendering bandwidth if your using extensive ray tracing shadow effects combined with textures and 3D graphic objects. 'Voices of a Distant Star' only has limited use of textures and shadows, with the characters themselves being convention 2d images. But even with the limited resources, its still a fantastic piece of animation artistry.

Voices of a Distant Star - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Not to mention A LOT of time. Don't underestimate how long it takes to make something like this.

Otaku know1 may be famous one day know1 may be famous one day know1's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata View Post
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

Actually, all of the sources that I've seen (which includes the interview thats included as one of the DVD extras) claim that all of the graphics was done on that G4 over a period of 8 months. To create the Region 1 DVD release, ADV Films was shipped the 'ORIGINAL' hard disk from that Macintosh G4 with all the original rendered fames of video...

The DVD also includes the original sound track that was recorded by Mkoto Shinkai and his finance. You really only need extensive rendering bandwidth if your using extensive ray tracing shadow effects combined with textures and 3D graphic objects. 'Voices of a Distant Star' only has limited use of textures and shadows, with the characters themselves being convention 2d images. But even with the limited resources, its still a fantastic piece of animation artistry.

Voices of a Distant Star - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hmmm.. You might be right, but I'm on a quest to find that interview which had him confess that he used his work's workstation to render scenes. Honestly though, I hope you're right....it makes it all the more inspirational.

On another note, people could always go with the Anime Studio Pro route. Made by the same great (cheaters?) people who thrust Poser upon the world.

I own both programs. Pretty decent for pro-sumer quality.

oh, and I forgot to mention that the interview that I read was a translation, so maybe as the saying goes: "lost in translation"?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast