+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: .avi & .mkv

Otaku Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: .avi & .mkv

I've never tried Zoomplayer....VLC has always worked for me....

Wait...not it hasn't. Your right. I have a modded Xbox I play all my anime on so I never really noticed before. I just assumed it was my crappy download box wasn't playing the file right. (Don't ever mod a Dell box - it's not pretty). Intresting...I guess I learn somthing new everyday.

Of course it's windows only

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Personally, I just use the CCCP. Plays everything except Realmedia, but that format is hardly used anyways, especially in the Anime community.

Combined Community Codec Pack

Otaku alex1_phang3 may be famous one day alex1_phang3 may be famous one day alex1_phang3's Avatar
    Malaysia -> Sabah -> Kota Kinabalu -> Jalan Kepayan
    Thanks

So it means like say 200mb of avi's quality is equal to 200mb of .mkv if there from the same source?

Anime Online's Lesbian SasuraiHell may be famous one day SasuraiHell may be famous one day SasuraiHell's Avatar
    Thanks

you're asking if there is any quaility difference if they are from the same source?
    Then no, nothing really major except for a few scripting differences, but affecting the quality shouldnt be a problem. i'd go with eaither one.

Otaku alex1_phang3 may be famous one day alex1_phang3 may be famous one day alex1_phang3's Avatar
    Thanks

Then that means the quality differs when you play in different player?

Otaku Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore's Avatar
    Thanks

No, the quality will be the same...the question is rather or not your player has the proper codec to play the file. As long as the file plays and you can see the subtitles then your fine. I have both .avi's and .mvk's and the only 'quality' diffrence is the setup I can have (like language tracks and subtitles). The video picture quality is still the same.

Otaku know1 may be famous one day know1 may be famous one day know1's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Barronmore View Post
    No, the quality will be the same...the question is rather or not your player has the proper codec to play the file. As long as the file plays and you can see the subtitles then your fine. I have both .avi's and .mvk's and the only 'quality' diffrence is the setup I can have (like language tracks and subtitles). The video picture quality is still the same.
    Well, if you want to split hairs, software decompression can vary with different media players, even using the same codecs. This is because of how the player utilizes the codec for rendering. Some choose to sharpen slightly, but at the cost of artifacts and washed-out colors. Others go the opposite route with warmer hues, but softer, fuzzier image quality. The same can be said with image rendering. Ever compare Iexporer with FF, both open at the same time looking at the same page? The images are decompressed for viewing using slightly different render engine standards, but still using the same codecs. Or even the difference between opening an image in Windows Picture and fax viewer vs. Iexporer. But if anything, i've just confused alex1_phang3 even more, so alex1, disregard this post.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by know1 View Post
    Well, if you want to split hairs, software decompression can vary with different media players, even using the same codecs. This is because of how the player utilizes the codec for rendering. Some choose to sharpen slightly, but at the cost of artifacts and washed-out colors. Others go the opposite route with warmer hues, but softer, fuzzier image quality. The same can be said with image rendering. Ever compare Iexporer with FF, both open at the same time looking at the same page? The images are decompressed for viewing using slightly different render engine standards, but still using the same codecs. Or even the difference between opening an image in Windows Picture and fax viewer vs. Iexporer. But if anything, i've just confused alex1_phang3 even more, so alex1, disregard this post.
    so does that mean the quality of the avi. & mkv. is the same and it's just how the player play it that effects the quality?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast