+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: broadband download speed

Otaku cerebrum has disabled reputation cerebrum's Avatar
    Thanks

broadband download speed

I recently got broadband (DSL). I was amazed at how fast the the speed was 2 download stuff of the net and open websites. I only had it 4 maybe a wk, but the speed decreased dramatically. Now it takes ages just to download a 15sec video. I thought there might b something wrong with my comp, so I tried usin the net on my newer comp - same problem.
    Solutions I hav tried:
    -Resetting comp and modem.
    -Deleted offline contents.
    -reinstalled net using 'installation CD'.
    I don't know wats up with my internet connection. Can anyone help me out?
    http://www.animeonline.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=30454&dateline=115992  8199
Your Current Signature Picture
    Sig courtesy goes to : Sazuka. [Sig team]

Anime Online's Lesbian SasuraiHell may be famous one day SasuraiHell may be famous one day SasuraiHell's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: broadband download speed

i dont know, i've had my dsl runn' on 400mbs., which is insanely great for me., but no speed changes., maybe you have other proccess running that slowing your computer., or you may be downloadn stuff that slows your computer., like adware and etc..,
    my guess is the things you are downloadn'

??*Everyone Here Hates Me??* Zackraa may be famous one day Zackraa may be famous one day Zackraa's Avatar
    Thanks

I think you might have spyware and adware on your computer that may be taking up your idle bandwidth
    if I were you I'd go to www.download.com and get adware removers and spyware removers also if you do not already have firefox I suggest you go to www.mozilla.com

Thanks

ahhhhh..... I'm so frustrated.... everything so slow. Ok, well I'll try out ur suggestions.... I hope this works.
    http://www.animeonline.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=30454&dateline=115992  8199

Just Trying To Live Life War on Terror Champion name one may be famous one day name one may be famous one day name one's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cerebrum
    I recently got broadband (DSL). I was amazed at how fast the the speed was 2 download stuff of the net and open websites. I only had it 4 maybe a wk, but the speed decreased dramatically. Now it takes ages just to download a 15sec video. I thought there might b something wrong with my comp, so I tried usin the net on my newer comp - same problem.
    Solutions I hav tried:
    -Resetting comp and modem.
    -Deleted offline contents.
    -reinstalled net using 'installation CD'.
    I don't know wats up with my internet connection. Can anyone help me out?
    Have you downloaded anything that can be a threat to your computer?

Otaku sukotsu9 may be famous one day sukotsu9 may be famous one day sukotsu9's Avatar
    Thanks

Before digging too deep for viruses & spyware: reset your modem (generally: unplug, wait 15-30 seconds, plug back in). Occasionally the broadband connection gets dusty; and that's worked a couple times for me.

Thanks

ahhhh..... its a few seconds faster. I've tried all the suggestions apart from Zac's.... I'm still tryin 2 find a website with free download.

Banned Yomiko Readman may be famous one day Yomiko Readman may be famous one day Yomiko Readman's Avatar
    Thanks

Thumbs up Its not your computer

I dont think it is your pc maybe it is the dsl connection you are using in some cases the internet slows down and stops completly. im using T 3 if you are using a boadband connection for example fpr (Aol broadband) If you have other internet software installed on your computer that mght cause your computer to malfunction or halt. If you have a scaner make sure you scan for sypware and adware. These are threats that can slow down your comupter and will decrese your system preformance. The best thing to do is clean your harddrive of all the files that are on you computer that you know you dont use for expample (an old MP3 file) all these can stop your computer from reading information the way it should. I bet when you first got your computer everything was fine but when you went online you saw all these adds and pop ups there are a reslult of adware and spyware. Like I said before it is best to scan and contact your the pleace where you purchased your computer for further advice on cleaning out yout system.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast